|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matzerath do with the party pin when the Russian soldiers invade their hideout?
(a) Hides it under a mattress.
(b) Shows it to the soldiers.
(c) Tries to swallow it.
(d) Uses it as a weapon.
2. What does Oskar say he will do so Maria does not marry again?
(a) Buy a deli.
(b) Love their son.
(c) Stop drumming.
(d) Continue growing.
3. What does the drumming do for Oskar?
(a) Reminds him of his youth.
(b) Relieves tension.
(d) Makes him forget.
4. How does Oskar feel about the nurse at the boarding house?
(a) He is afraid of her.
(b) He is fascinated.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He does not like her.
5. When does Willie lose interest in Miss Pioch?
(a) When her toe recovers.
(b) When a younger girl moves in.
(c) When he meets Oskar.
(d) When he moves.
6. What does Oskar think he will do if released?
(a) His is not sure.
(b) Move in with Maria and Kurt.
(c) Refuse to leave.
(d) Go back to his concert tours.
7. What does Sister Dorothea mistake Oskar for?
(a) The Devil.
(b) A clown.
(c) Baby Jesus.
(d) A doll.
8. What does Oskar give Vittlar in exchange for his silence?
(a) His rooms at the boarding house.
(b) An aquamarine ring.
(c) A small fortune.
(d) His drum.
9. Who does Oskar ask to find Matzerath's party pin?
(b) Mr. Fajngold.
10. As Oskar is in the mental hospital, what does he think Klepp is trying to do?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Steal his drum.
(c) Steal his woman.
(d) Get even.
11. What is one topic Oskar and Klepp talk about?
(a) The existence of heaven.
(d) The war.
12. How much does Oskar grow during the train ride?
(a) 3-4 feet.
(b) 1-2 inches.
(c) 3-4 inches.
(d) He does not grow.
13. Why does Oskar feel entitled to keep the finger he found on the beach?
(a) He was promised it at birth.
(b) It is his reward.
(c) No one else wants it.
(d) He found it himself.
14. Who is married on the furlough?
(a) Maria and Oskar.
(b) Guste and Oskar.
(c) Guste and Ktzster.
(d) Maris and Ktzster.
15. In Chapter 40, as Oskar hears sounds in the room adjoining the nurse's, what does the neighbor ask of him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Oskar as a result of the trial?
2. What do Maria and Kurt sell on the black market?
3. What is Maria's reply when Oskar asks her to marry him?
4. What is the name of the concert promoter that approaches Oskar after Schuman's funeral?
5. Where does the family go to avoid the air raids?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)