|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the concert promoter offer Oskar?
(a) A solo concert tour.
(b) A recording contract.
(c) Money for his drum.
(d) A band concert tour.
2. Where does the family go to avoid the air raids?
(a) Lina Greff's cellar.
(b) Matzerath's attic.
(c) The gang's clubhouse.
(d) They flee the city.
3. Who does Oskar ask out on a date?
(d) Sister Gertrude.
4. Once Oskar is finally released from the hospital, where does he decide to go?
5. What is Bebra confined to in the doctors office when Oskar visits him?
(a) A cell.
(b) A motorized wheelchair.
(c) A box.
(d) The table.
6. Who does Oskar ask to find Matzerath's party pin?
(c) Mr. Fajngold.
7. What is Maria's reply when Oskar asks her to marry him?
(a) They will always be friends.
(b) She has committed herself to another.
(c) It would a betrayal.
8. What does Oskar say he will do so Maria does not marry again?
(a) Buy a deli.
(b) Love their son.
(c) Stop drumming.
(d) Continue growing.
9. What does Oskar develop because of the bouncing of the train?
(a) New drum beats.
(c) A hunchback.
10. Who is at the hospital celebrating Oskar's birthday?
(a) Maris, Kurt, and Victor.
(b) Maria, Klepp, and Vittlar.
(c) The midget troupe.
11. How does Miss Pioch meet her lover?
(a) They are new neighbors.
(b) They sit next to each other at the Onion Cellar.
(c) He stomps her toe on the streetcar.
(d) They run into each other on the street.
12. What does the owner give to customers before each performance?
13. How does Oskar feel about the black market business?
(a) He is opposed to it.
(b) He does not know about it.
(c) He willingly participates.
(d) He turns them in.
14. How many birds does Schuman shoot in the park?
15. As the black market dries up, who supports the family?
(d) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 31, who is killed during an air raid?
2. What is the good news Oskar receives at his birthday party?
3. In Chapter 35, where does the military send Ktzster?
4. What does the drumming do for Oskar?
5. What does Matzerath do with the party pin when the Russian soldiers invade their hideout?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)