|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Oskar ask out on a date?
(c) Sister Gertrude.
2. How does Oskar feel about the black market business?
(a) He willingly participates.
(b) He does not know about it.
(c) He turns them in.
(d) He is opposed to it.
3. Why does Mr. Fajngold begin to disinfect himself and the family.?
(a) He is paraniod.
(b) Kurt has lice.
(c) He likes to keep things clean.
(d) The plague has come.
4. In Chapter 44 , how does Maria plan to marry?
5. While in the boarding house, what does Oskar check daily?
(a) The news.
(b) The nurse's door.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The lights.
6. What does the finger resemble?
(a) The cartridge that killed Bronski.
(b) The Polish flag.
(c) The moon.
(d) A diamond.
7. What does Matzerath do with the party pin when the Russian soldiers invade their hideout?
(a) Tries to swallow it.
(b) Uses it as a weapon.
(c) Hides it under a mattress.
(d) Shows it to the soldiers.
8. How old is Oskar at the beginning of Chapter 46?
9. In Chapter 40, as Oskar hears sounds in the room adjoining the nurse's, what does the neighbor ask of him?
10. Who does Vittlar and Oskar see on the streetcar?
(a) Sister Dorothea.
11. Once Oskar is finally released from the hospital, where does he decide to go?
12. What does the drumming do for Oskar?
(a) Reminds him of his youth.
(c) Relieves tension.
(d) Makes him forget.
13. How is Oskar paid for the gravestones?
(a) In trade.
(b) In silence.
(c) In money.
(d) In services.
14. Who does Oskar meet at the artist's party.
(a) Corporal Lankes.
(b) Sister Dorothea.
15. What does Klepp use to cook?
(a) A lighter.
(b) A bedside stove.
(c) A match.
(d) He does not cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is across the street from Oskar's new apartment?
2. What type of letter does Oskar read of the nurses?
3. What is the good news Oskar receives at his birthday party?
4. What does Oskar give Vittlar in exchange for his silence?
5. What is the name of the nurse at the boarding house?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)