|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words does Oskar use to describe the finger?
2. Once Oskar is finally released from the hospital, where does he decide to go?
3. Who is Guste engaged to?
4. Who is hired to play at the Onion Cellar?
(a) The Rhine River Three.
(b) The midget troupe.
(c) The Danzig Rebels.
(d) The Dusters.
5. What does Matzerath do with the party pin when the Russian soldiers invade their hideout?
(a) Uses it as a weapon.
(b) Tries to swallow it.
(c) Shows it to the soldiers.
(d) Hides it under a mattress.
6. How does Bebra feel about Oskar's growth?
7. What happens to Sister Dorothea when Oskar admits his love for her?
(a) She runs out of the boarding house.
(b) She faints.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She slaps him.
8. What does Oskar give Vittlar in exchange for his silence?
(a) A small fortune.
(b) An aquamarine ring.
(c) His rooms at the boarding house.
(d) His drum.
9. How many glasses does Zeidler smash when he is angry with his wife?
10. In Chapter 34, why can't Oskar drum or write?
(a) He is not allowed.
(b) His joints are in pain.
(c) He prefers to talk to Bruno.
(d) He loses his will.
11. How does Oskar feel about the nurse at the boarding house?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He is fascinated.
(c) He is afraid of her.
(d) He does not like her.
12. What does the concert promoter offer Oskar?
(a) Money for his drum.
(b) A solo concert tour.
(c) A band concert tour.
(d) A recording contract.
13. What does Oskar do after learning of Bebra's death?
(a) Attempts suicide.
(b) Leaves the county.
(c) Gives away his possessions.
(d) Cancels his next tours.
14. How is Oskar paid for the gravestones?
(a) In money.
(b) In services.
(c) In silence.
(d) In trade.
15. What type of letter does Oskar read of the nurses?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A breakup letter.
(c) A letter to a family member.
(d) A medical form.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the room to get some drinks, what do Oskar and Klepp decide to start?
2. What does the nurse's patent leather belt remind him of?
3. While in the nurse's room, what does Oskar use as a drum?
4. While in Dusseldorf, who does Oskar befriend?
5. What is Bebra confined to in the doctors office when Oskar visits him?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)