|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the good news Oskar receives at his birthday party?
(a) He grandfather is found.
(b) Maria agrees to marry him.
(c) He will be released soon.
(d) The investigation of Sister Dorothea's death will be reopened.
2. What is a regular activity for Oskar and Klepp after their initial meeting?
(a) Robbing stores.
(b) Going to the movies.
(c) Going on double dates.
(d) Going to Communist meetings.
3. After the party, who does Oskar begin to model with?
(c) Sister Dorothea.
(d) Corporal Lankes.
4. What do Maria and Kurt sell on the black market?
(a) Honey and flints.
5. What type of face does Lucy have?
6. How old is Oskar at the beginning of Chapter 46?
7. What does the drumming do for Oskar?
(a) Relieves tension.
(b) Reminds him of his youth.
(c) Makes him forget.
8. Why is Hedwig almost shot?
(a) For being a traitor.
(b) For being a spy.
(c) For stealing.
(d) For no reason.
9. What words does Oskar use to describe the finger?
10. What happens on the day Schuman shoots 13 birds?
(a) Birds attack his car.
(b) He is arrested.
(d) He loses his business.
11. After leaving the room to get some drinks, what do Oskar and Klepp decide to start?
(a) A club.
(b) A revolution.
(c) A jazz band.
(d) A gang.
12. How many birds does Schuman shoot in the park?
13. Who is the new suspect in the murder case?
(a) A friend of Sister Beata.
(c) Sister Dorothea's brother.
14. What does Matzerath do with the party pin when the Russian soldiers invade their hideout?
(a) Shows it to the soldiers.
(b) Uses it as a weapon.
(c) Hides it under a mattress.
(d) Tries to swallow it.
15. While modeling one day, what causes Oskar to weep and tremble?
(a) A prop drum.
(b) A likeness to Maria.
(c) The students laugh at him.
(d) A likeness to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the nurse's room, what does Oskar use as a drum?
2. As Oskar is in the mental hospital, what does he think Klepp is trying to do?
3. Why does Mr. Fajngold begin to disinfect himself and the family.?
4. What does the nurse's patent leather belt remind him of?
5. Who does Vittlar and Oskar see on the streetcar?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)