|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Vittlar and Oskar see on the streetcar?
(b) Sister Dorothea.
2. How old is Oskar at the beginning of Chapter 46?
3. Who is the only person who does put their hands up when the Russians invade?
4. When does Willie lose interest in Miss Pioch?
(a) When he moves.
(b) When he meets Oskar.
(c) When a younger girl moves in.
(d) When her toe recovers.
5. How does Oskar feel about the black market business?
(a) He does not know about it.
(b) He willingly participates.
(c) He turns them in.
(d) He is opposed to it.
6. Who is the new suspect in the murder case?
(a) A friend of Sister Beata.
(b) Sister Dorothea's brother.
7. What happens to Oskar as a result of the trial?
(a) He is put in Matzerath's custody.
(b) He is sent to jail.
(c) He is committed to the asylum.
(d) He is released a free man.
8. What is a regular activity for Oskar and Klepp after their initial meeting?
(a) Going to Communist meetings.
(b) Going to the movies.
(c) Going on double dates.
(d) Robbing stores.
9. After the party, who does Oskar begin to model with?
(a) Sister Dorothea.
(d) Corporal Lankes.
10. As the black market dries up, who supports the family?
(c) The government.
11. When Oskar arrives in Luneburg, why is he sent to the hospital?
(a) He has convulsions.
(b) He is nauseous.
(c) He cannot walk.
(d) Due to his growth.
12. What is the name of the nurse at the boarding house?
(a) Sister Gertrude.
(b) Sister Guste.
(c) Sister Dorothea.
(d) Sister Anna.
13. In Chapter 34, why can't Oskar drum or write?
(a) He prefers to talk to Bruno.
(b) He is not allowed.
(c) He loses his will.
(d) His joints are in pain.
14. What is the result of the concert tours Oskar plays?
(a) He loses his friends.
(b) He is cheated out of his money and has nothing.
(c) He becomes wealthy.
(d) He becomes depressed.
15. How does Oskar make money after the tombstone business fails?
(a) As a model for an Art class.
(b) He gets a job at the Post office.
(c) Selling himself.
(d) Letting others touch his hump for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in the nurse's room, what does Oskar use as a drum?
2. In Chapter 44 , how does Maria plan to marry?
3. How does Miss Pioch meet her lover?
4. Who helps Oskar find a cheap room to rent?
5. What type of order are out for Victor?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)