|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bebra confined to in the doctors office when Oskar visits him?
(a) The table.
(b) A motorized wheelchair.
(c) A box.
(d) A cell.
2. What does Oskar do after learning of Bebra's death?
(a) Cancels his next tours.
(b) Attempts suicide.
(c) Gives away his possessions.
(d) Leaves the county.
3. How does Oskar make money after the tombstone business fails?
(a) He gets a job at the Post office.
(b) Selling himself.
(c) As a model for an Art class.
(d) Letting others touch his hump for money.
4. What happens to Sister Dorothea when Oskar admits his love for her?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She runs out of the boarding house.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She faints.
5. In Chapter 40, as Oskar hears sounds in the room adjoining the nurse's, what does the neighbor ask of him?
6. What type of order are out for Victor?
7. In Chapter 44 , how does Maria plan to marry?
8. In Chapter 33, who proposes to Maria?
(a) Mr. Fajngold.
(c) A German soldier.
(d) A Russian soldier.
9. In Chapter 34, how many people are on the freight car with Maria, Kurt, and Oskar?
10. Who helps Oskar find a cheap room to rent?
11. Who is Guste engaged to?
12. How does Oskar control the customers as they cry uncontrollably?
(a) He tells a joke.
(b) He takes the onions away.
(c) He yells at them.
(d) A drum solo.
13. Why does Oskar feel entitled to keep the finger he found on the beach?
(a) It is his reward.
(b) No one else wants it.
(c) He found it himself.
(d) He was promised it at birth.
14. What does Matzerath do with the party pin when the Russian soldiers invade their hideout?
(a) Tries to swallow it.
(b) Hides it under a mattress.
(c) Shows it to the soldiers.
(d) Uses it as a weapon.
15. Where does Maria decide to go with her son and Oskar?
(d) West Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the owner give to customers before each performance?
2. In Chapter 34, why can't Oskar drum or write?
3. What does the nurse's patent leather belt remind him of?
4. What do Maria and Kurt sell on the black market?
5. What happens to Oskar as a result of the trial?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)