|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oskar develop because of the bouncing of the train?
(a) A hunchback.
(c) New drum beats.
2. What does the finger resemble?
(a) The Polish flag.
(b) The moon.
(c) The cartridge that killed Bronski.
(d) A diamond.
3. What type of face does Lucy have?
4. How does Oskar make money after the tombstone business fails?
(a) As a model for an Art class.
(b) Letting others touch his hump for money.
(c) Selling himself.
(d) He gets a job at the Post office.
5. When Oskar arrives in Luneburg, why is he sent to the hospital?
(a) He cannot walk.
(b) Due to his growth.
(c) He has convulsions.
(d) He is nauseous.
6. After leaving the room to get some drinks, what do Oskar and Klepp decide to start?
(a) A jazz band.
(b) A revolution.
(c) A gang.
(d) A club.
7. Where does the family go to avoid the air raids?
(a) Lina Greff's cellar.
(b) Matzerath's attic.
(c) The gang's clubhouse.
(d) They flee the city.
8. How old is Oskar at the beginning of Chapter 46?
9. Who is Guste engaged to?
10. What does the patent leather belt represent?
11. What does Oskar think he will do if released?
(a) His is not sure.
(b) Refuse to leave.
(c) Go back to his concert tours.
(d) Move in with Maria and Kurt.
12. What does Oskar bring to the nurses in the hospital?
(c) Injured animals.
13. Who helps Oskar find a cheap room to rent?
14. What happens on the train that causes the passengers to lose their belongings?
(a) The passengers throw them off the side.
(b) They are lost in a train wreck.
(c) They are confiscated.
(d) They are robbed.
15. What does the concert promoter offer Oskar?
(a) A recording contract.
(b) A band concert tour.
(c) Money for his drum.
(d) A solo concert tour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person who does put their hands up when the Russians invade?
2. How does Oskar control the customers as they cry uncontrollably?
3. What does the drumming do for Oskar?
4. What is across the street from Oskar's new apartment?
5. What is the name of the concert promoter that approaches Oskar after Schuman's funeral?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)