|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Oskar as a result of the trial?
(a) He is put in Matzerath's custody.
(b) He is released a free man.
(c) He is sent to jail.
(d) He is committed to the asylum.
2. Where do Oskar and Lankes go before the concert tour?
(b) West Germany.
3. What does the nurse's patent leather belt remind him of?
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. Who is the only person who does put their hands up when the Russians invade?
5. What type of face does Lucy have?
6. Who visits Oskar and Lankes while on vacation?
(a) 2 dead nuns.
(d) Lankes wife.
7. What does Maria think of the Madonna 49 portrait that Oskar poses for?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She is impressed.
(d) She is saddened.
8. When Oskar arrives in Luneburg, why is he sent to the hospital?
(a) He is nauseous.
(b) He cannot walk.
(c) Due to his growth.
(d) He has convulsions.
9. What does the drumming do for Oskar?
(a) Reminds him of his youth.
(b) Relieves tension.
(c) Makes him forget.
10. What does Oskar do after learning of Bebra's death?
(a) Gives away his possessions.
(b) Leaves the county.
(c) Cancels his next tours.
(d) Attempts suicide.
11. What instrument does Klepp play?
12. Who is Guste engaged to?
13. What does Matzerath do with the party pin when the Russian soldiers invade their hideout?
(a) Hides it under a mattress.
(b) Tries to swallow it.
(c) Shows it to the soldiers.
(d) Uses it as a weapon.
14. How tall is Oskar in the hospital when Bruno measures him?
(a) 4 feet 1 inch.
(b) 3 feet 3 inches.
(c) 3 feet 6 inches.
(d) 3 feet.
15. How many glasses does Zeidler smash when he is angry with his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the good news Oskar receives at his birthday party?
2. Who helps Oskar find a cheap room to rent?
3. In Chapter 33, who proposes to Maria?
4. Where does the family go to avoid the air raids?
5. After the party, who does Oskar begin to model with?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)