|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 34, how many people are on the freight car with Maria, Kurt, and Oskar?
2. After the party, who does Oskar begin to model with?
(b) Sister Dorothea.
(d) Corporal Lankes.
3. Who visits Oskar and Lankes while on vacation?
(a) 2 dead nuns.
(d) Lankes wife.
4. What does the concert promoter offer Oskar?
(a) A recording contract.
(b) A band concert tour.
(c) A solo concert tour.
(d) Money for his drum.
5. What does Oskar do after learning of Bebra's death?
(a) Attempts suicide.
(b) Leaves the county.
(c) Cancels his next tours.
(d) Gives away his possessions.
6. Who does Oskar ask to find Matzerath's party pin?
(c) Mr. Fajngold.
7. What is Oskar dressed as at the artist's party?
(a) A street cleaner.
(b) A drum.
(c) A jester.
(d) A soldier.
8. What does the nurse's patent leather belt remind him of?
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
9. Why is Hedwig almost shot?
(a) For no reason.
(b) For being a traitor.
(c) For stealing.
(d) For being a spy.
10. What type of order are out for Victor?
11. What does the owner give to customers before each performance?
12. How many glasses does Zeidler smash when he is angry with his wife?
13. Who is hired to play at the Onion Cellar?
(a) The Danzig Rebels.
(b) The midget troupe.
(c) The Rhine River Three.
(d) The Dusters.
14. While in Dusseldorf, who does Oskar befriend?
15. How does Oskar control the customers as they cry uncontrollably?
(a) He tells a joke.
(b) He takes the onions away.
(c) He yells at them.
(d) A drum solo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matzerath do with the party pin when the Russian soldiers invade their hideout?
2. What does the drumming do for Oskar?
3. While in the boarding house, what does Oskar check daily?
4. While modeling one day, what causes Oskar to weep and tremble?
5. How is Oskar paid for the gravestones?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)