|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maria's reply when Oskar asks her to marry him?
(a) She has committed herself to another.
(b) They will always be friends.
(c) It would a betrayal.
2. Who is married on the furlough?
(a) Guste and Oskar.
(b) Maria and Oskar.
(c) Guste and Ktzster.
(d) Maris and Ktzster.
3. What does Willie suggest he do to fall back in love with Miss Pioch?
(a) Not look at other girls.
(b) Make love to her.
(c) Move in with her.
(d) Injure her other toe.
4. What is Oskar dressed as at the artist's party?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A jester.
(c) A drum.
(d) A street cleaner.
5. What is the name of the nurse at the boarding house?
(a) Sister Anna.
(b) Sister Dorothea.
(c) Sister Gertrude.
(d) Sister Guste.
6. What type of order are out for Victor?
7. Who does Vittlar and Oskar see on the streetcar?
(a) Sister Dorothea.
8. What does the owner give to customers before each performance?
9. After the party, who does Oskar begin to model with?
(a) Corporal Lankes.
(c) Sister Dorothea.
10. In Chapter 35, where does the military send Ktzster?
(c) The Arctic front.
11. What does the finger resemble?
(a) The moon.
(b) A diamond.
(c) The Polish flag.
(d) The cartridge that killed Bronski.
12. What does the drumming do for Oskar?
(b) Reminds him of his youth.
(c) Relieves tension.
(d) Makes him forget.
13. What does Maria think of the Madonna 49 portrait that Oskar poses for?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is saddened.
(c) She is impressed.
(d) She is disgusted.
14. What does Oskar think he will do if released?
(a) Go back to his concert tours.
(b) His is not sure.
(c) Refuse to leave.
(d) Move in with Maria and Kurt.
15. Who is Guste engaged to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Dorothea mistake Oskar for?
2. In Chapter 44 , how does Maria plan to marry?
3. What does Oskar give Vittlar in exchange for his silence?
4. Who helps Oskar find a cheap room to rent?
5. Once Oskar is finally released from the hospital, where does he decide to go?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)