|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Vittlar and Oskar see on the streetcar?
(b) Sister Dorothea.
2. What does Matzerath do with the party pin when the Russian soldiers invade their hideout?
(a) Tries to swallow it.
(b) Hides it under a mattress.
(c) Shows it to the soldiers.
(d) Uses it as a weapon.
3. What does the patent leather belt represent?
4. What does Klepp use to cook?
(a) A match.
(b) He does not cook.
(c) A bedside stove.
(d) A lighter.
5. What happens to Sister Dorothea when Oskar admits his love for her?
(a) She faints.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She runs out of the boarding house.
6. What is the name of the concert promoter that approaches Oskar after Schuman's funeral?
7. What does the drumming do for Oskar?
(a) Makes him forget.
(b) Reminds him of his youth.
(c) Relieves tension.
8. What does the finger resemble?
(a) The cartridge that killed Bronski.
(b) The moon.
(c) The Polish flag.
(d) A diamond.
9. What does Oskar develop because of the bouncing of the train?
(a) A hunchback.
(b) New drum beats.
10. What does Maria think of the Madonna 49 portrait that Oskar poses for?
(a) She is saddened.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is impressed.
11. What does Oskar think he will do if released?
(a) His is not sure.
(b) Go back to his concert tours.
(c) Move in with Maria and Kurt.
(d) Refuse to leave.
12. Who is at the hospital celebrating Oskar's birthday?
(a) Maris, Kurt, and Victor.
(b) Maria, Klepp, and Vittlar.
(d) The midget troupe.
13. While in the nurse's room, what does Oskar use as a drum?
(a) The wall.
(b) The bed.
(c) The nightstand.
(d) The dresser.
14. How does Oskar feel about the black market business?
(a) He is opposed to it.
(b) He turns them in.
(c) He does not know about it.
(d) He willingly participates.
15. Where does the family go to avoid the air raids?
(a) They flee the city.
(b) Matzerath's attic.
(c) The gang's clubhouse.
(d) Lina Greff's cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Oskar paid for the gravestones?
2. What does Willie suggest he do to fall back in love with Miss Pioch?
3. In Chapter 40, as Oskar hears sounds in the room adjoining the nurse's, what does the neighbor ask of him?
4. What type of face does Lucy have?
5. While in the boarding house, what does Oskar check daily?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)