|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the concert promoter that approaches Oskar after Schuman's funeral?
2. How much does Oskar grow during the train ride?
(a) 1-2 inches.
(b) 3-4 feet.
(c) He does not grow.
(d) 3-4 inches.
3. Why does Mr. Fajngold begin to disinfect himself and the family.?
(a) He likes to keep things clean.
(b) The plague has come.
(c) Kurt has lice.
(d) He is paraniod.
4. What type of face does Lucy have?
5. What do Maria and Kurt sell on the black market?
(b) Honey and flints.
6. After leaving the room to get some drinks, what do Oskar and Klepp decide to start?
(a) A revolution.
(b) A club.
(c) A jazz band.
(d) A gang.
7. Who is the new suspect in the murder case?
(a) Sister Dorothea's brother.
(d) A friend of Sister Beata.
8. Who visits Oskar and Lankes while on vacation?
(b) 2 dead nuns.
(c) Lankes wife.
9. While modeling one day, what causes Oskar to weep and tremble?
(a) A prop drum.
(b) A likeness to his mother.
(c) A likeness to Maria.
(d) The students laugh at him.
10. In Chapter 40, as Oskar hears sounds in the room adjoining the nurse's, what does the neighbor ask of him?
11. How is Oskar paid for the gravestones?
(a) In trade.
(b) In money.
(c) In silence.
(d) In services.
12. What is a regular activity for Oskar and Klepp after their initial meeting?
(a) Going on double dates.
(b) Robbing stores.
(c) Going to the movies.
(d) Going to Communist meetings.
13. What happens on the train that causes the passengers to lose their belongings?
(a) They are lost in a train wreck.
(b) They are robbed.
(c) The passengers throw them off the side.
(d) They are confiscated.
14. How many birds does Schuman shoot in the park?
15. What is Maria's reply when Oskar asks her to marry him?
(a) It would a betrayal.
(b) They will always be friends.
(c) She has committed herself to another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Dorothea mistake Oskar for?
2. How does Oskar make money after the tombstone business fails?
3. Why is Hedwig almost shot?
4. As the black market dries up, who supports the family?
5. How tall is Oskar in the hospital when Bruno measures him?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)