|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oskar think he will do if released?
(a) Go back to his concert tours.
(b) His is not sure.
(c) Move in with Maria and Kurt.
(d) Refuse to leave.
2. While in the boarding house, what does Oskar check daily?
(a) The nurse's door.
(b) The news.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The lights.
3. Where is Oskar the first time he meets Sister Dorothea?
(a) In her room.
(b) In Klepp's room.
(c) In the hall.
(d) In his room.
4. What does the drumming do for Oskar?
(a) Relieves tension.
(c) Reminds him of his youth.
(d) Makes him forget.
5. What is Oskar dressed as at the artist's party?
(a) A street cleaner.
(b) A drum.
(c) A jester.
(d) A soldier.
6. How much does Oskar grow during the train ride?
(a) 3-4 inches.
(b) He does not grow.
(c) 1-2 inches.
(d) 3-4 feet.
7. What does the finger resemble?
(a) A diamond.
(b) The cartridge that killed Bronski.
(c) The Polish flag.
(d) The moon.
8. After the party, who does Oskar begin to model with?
(c) Corporal Lankes.
(d) Sister Dorothea.
9. How does Miss Pioch meet her lover?
(a) They are new neighbors.
(b) They run into each other on the street.
(c) He stomps her toe on the streetcar.
(d) They sit next to each other at the Onion Cellar.
10. Who does Oskar ask to find Matzerath's party pin?
(c) Mr. Fajngold.
11. How many birds does Schuman shoot in the park?
12. What does Oskar do after learning of Bebra's death?
(a) Attempts suicide.
(b) Leaves the county.
(c) Gives away his possessions.
(d) Cancels his next tours.
13. Who does Oskar ask out on a date?
(d) Sister Gertrude.
14. What does Oskar steal from the nurse's room?
(a) Hair from her brush.
(d) Her diary.
15. How does Oskar feel about the nurse at the boarding house?
(a) He is fascinated.
(b) He does not like her.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He is afraid of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a regular activity for Oskar and Klepp after their initial meeting?
2. Who is married on the furlough?
3. Where does the family go to avoid the air raids?
4. What is the good news Oskar receives at his birthday party?
5. What does the patent leather belt represent?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)