|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 40, as Oskar hears sounds in the room adjoining the nurse's, what does the neighbor ask of him?
2. What does the owner give to customers before each performance?
3. When does Willie lose interest in Miss Pioch?
(a) When he meets Oskar.
(b) When he moves.
(c) When a younger girl moves in.
(d) When her toe recovers.
4. What does Oskar think he will do if released?
(a) Move in with Maria and Kurt.
(b) Refuse to leave.
(c) His is not sure.
(d) Go back to his concert tours.
5. Who is the new suspect in the murder case?
(b) Sister Dorothea's brother.
(c) A friend of Sister Beata.
6. What does Oskar give Vittlar in exchange for his silence?
(a) A small fortune.
(b) His rooms at the boarding house.
(c) An aquamarine ring.
(d) His drum.
7. What does Oskar's landlord resemble?
(a) A hedgehog.
(b) A pig.
(c) A bird.
(d) An elephant.
8. What is Oskar dressed as at the artist's party?
(a) A jester.
(b) A drum.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A street cleaner.
9. In Chapter 34, how many people are on the freight car with Maria, Kurt, and Oskar?
10. While in Dusseldorf, who does Oskar befriend?
11. After the party, who does Oskar begin to model with?
(c) Sister Dorothea.
(d) Corporal Lankes.
12. What is one topic Oskar and Klepp talk about?
(a) The existence of heaven.
(d) The war.
13. In Chapter 44 , how does Maria plan to marry?
14. Who helps Oskar find a cheap room to rent?
15. How many glasses does Zeidler smash when he is angry with his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maria's reply when Oskar asks her to marry him?
2. Who is at the hospital celebrating Oskar's birthday?
3. What is the good news Oskar receives at his birthday party?
4. As Oskar is in the mental hospital, what does he think Klepp is trying to do?
5. What does Klepp use to cook?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)