|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the good news Oskar receives at his birthday party?
(a) He grandfather is found.
(b) Maria agrees to marry him.
(c) The investigation of Sister Dorothea's death will be reopened.
(d) He will be released soon.
2. Why does Oskar feel entitled to keep the finger he found on the beach?
(a) He was promised it at birth.
(b) He found it himself.
(c) No one else wants it.
(d) It is his reward.
3. Who does Oskar ask out on a date?
(d) Sister Gertrude.
4. How is Oskar paid for the gravestones?
(a) In trade.
(b) In money.
(c) In silence.
(d) In services.
5. Who is at the hospital celebrating Oskar's birthday?
(a) Maris, Kurt, and Victor.
(b) The midget troupe.
(d) Maria, Klepp, and Vittlar.
6. When Oskar arrives in Luneburg, why is he sent to the hospital?
(a) Due to his growth.
(b) He has convulsions.
(c) He is nauseous.
(d) He cannot walk.
7. While in Dusseldorf, who does Oskar befriend?
8. What words does Oskar use to describe the finger?
9. How much does Oskar grow during the train ride?
(a) He does not grow.
(b) 1-2 inches.
(c) 3-4 feet.
(d) 3-4 inches.
10. When does Willie lose interest in Miss Pioch?
(a) When a younger girl moves in.
(b) When he meets Oskar.
(c) When her toe recovers.
(d) When he moves.
11. Where is Oskar the first time he meets Sister Dorothea?
(a) In the hall.
(b) In his room.
(c) In Klepp's room.
(d) In her room.
12. In Chapter 31, who is killed during an air raid?
(b) Mother Truczinski.
13. How does Oskar feel about the black market business?
(a) He does not know about it.
(b) He willingly participates.
(c) He is opposed to it.
(d) He turns them in.
14. What do Oskar and Klepp put in the hall of the boarding house?
(b) Their instruments.
(c) Fiber runner.
15. Who is hired to play at the Onion Cellar?
(a) The midget troupe.
(b) The Rhine River Three.
(c) The Danzig Rebels.
(d) The Dusters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Oskar meet at the artist's party.
2. What does Oskar say he will do so Maria does not marry again?
3. How does Oskar make money after the tombstone business fails?
4. What does Sister Dorothea mistake Oskar for?
5. Who helps Oskar find a cheap room to rent?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)