|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klepp use to cook?
(a) He does not cook.
(b) A bedside stove.
(c) A lighter.
(d) A match.
2. While modeling one day, what causes Oskar to weep and tremble?
(a) The students laugh at him.
(b) A likeness to Maria.
(c) A prop drum.
(d) A likeness to his mother.
3. Who is hired to play at the Onion Cellar?
(a) The midget troupe.
(b) The Dusters.
(c) The Rhine River Three.
(d) The Danzig Rebels.
4. Where is Oskar the first time he meets Sister Dorothea?
(a) In Klepp's room.
(b) In his room.
(c) In her room.
(d) In the hall.
5. As the black market dries up, who supports the family?
(d) The government.
6. Why does Mr. Fajngold begin to disinfect himself and the family.?
(a) He likes to keep things clean.
(b) The plague has come.
(c) He is paraniod.
(d) Kurt has lice.
7. What is a regular activity for Oskar and Klepp after their initial meeting?
(a) Robbing stores.
(b) Going to the movies.
(c) Going to Communist meetings.
(d) Going on double dates.
8. What is the name of the nurse at the boarding house?
(a) Sister Anna.
(b) Sister Dorothea.
(c) Sister Guste.
(d) Sister Gertrude.
9. How tall is Oskar in the hospital when Bruno measures him?
(a) 3 feet.
(b) 4 feet 1 inch.
(c) 3 feet 3 inches.
(d) 3 feet 6 inches.
10. Once Oskar is finally released from the hospital, where does he decide to go?
11. In Chapter 34, why can't Oskar drum or write?
(a) He loses his will.
(b) He prefers to talk to Bruno.
(c) He is not allowed.
(d) His joints are in pain.
12. What does the patent leather belt represent?
13. How does Oskar make money after the tombstone business fails?
(a) As a model for an Art class.
(b) Letting others touch his hump for money.
(c) Selling himself.
(d) He gets a job at the Post office.
14. What type of order are out for Victor?
15. What words does Oskar use to describe the finger?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the concert promoter offer Oskar?
2. What does Oskar say he will do so Maria does not marry again?
3. In Chapter 34, how many people are on the freight car with Maria, Kurt, and Oskar?
4. After the party, who does Oskar begin to model with?
5. What does Oskar's landlord resemble?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)