|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. Oskar describes his tin drum as the kind that is bought in what type of store?
(a) Grocery Store.
(b) Consignment Store,
(c) Music Store.
(d) Dime Store.
3. What happens to Bronski after the Post Office was captured by the Germans?
(a) He dies from his injury.
(b) He is released.
(c) He is excuted.
(d) He marries Anna.
4. What does Maria trade for a new drum?
(d) Black market sugar.
5. Who is shot for not vacating the beach?
(a) Five nuns.
(c) Three small children.
6. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
(a) There is nothing else to eat.
(b) It is inexpensive.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is pregnant.
7. Who at the Polish post office is able to repair Oskar's drum?
(a) A customer.
(b) The Post Master.
(c) A janitor.
(d) Bronski's manager.
8. How long does the troupe entertain at Metz?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
9. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
(b) Tom Thumb.
(c) The Fiddler on the Roof.
10. What does the midget troupe wear?
(b) Doctors' coats.
(c) Colorful uniforms.
(d) Army uniforms.
11. When Osker is traveling with the midget troupe, what makes him homesick?
(a) The expensive glassware of Louis XVI.
(b) The pyramids.
(c) The Eiffel tower.
(d) The Nile.
12. How does Oskar try to force a miscarriage of Maria's pregnancy?
(a) Drops a bag of potatoes on her stomach.
(b) Poisons her.
(c) Punches her.
(d) Kicks her off a ladder.
13. In the beginning of Chapter 16, who becomes a member of the Nazi Mounted SA band?
14. In Chapter 25, who does Oskar have an affair with?
15. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
(a) Anna slaps him.
(b) The police catch him.
(c) Anna becomes pregnant with Oskar's mother.
(d) He catches a disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oskar associate his guilt with?
2. Who does the seven of spades represent?
3. What type of existence does Oskar live after his mother's death?
4. How does the gang redecorate their clubhouse?
5. Oskar describes his room in the mental hospital. How does he describe his bed?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)