|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
(a) Mother Turczinski.
(b) Mr. Meyn.
(c) Gretchen Scheffler.
2. What does Greff do in the cellar after creating his latest invention?
(a) Gets rid of all the potatoes.
(b) Cleans it.
(c) Hangs himself.
(d) Puts better acoustics in the cellar.
3. Who at the Polish post office is able to repair Oskar's drum?
(a) The Post Master.
(b) Bronski's manager.
(c) A janitor.
(d) A customer.
4. How does Oskar feel about the church?
5. Who does the seven of spades represent?
6. One day Oskar is drumming down the street. Who follows him in parade-like form down the street?
7. How long does the troupe entertain at Metz?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 days.
8. What does the midget troupe wear?
(b) Army uniforms.
(c) Colorful uniforms.
(d) Doctors' coats.
9. What does Oskar tell the gang his name is?
10. When is Oskar's mother born?
(a) July, 1900.
(c) July, 1800.
(d) July, 1920.
11. What does Bronski call Oskar after becoming disoriented due to an injury at the Post Office?
(a) His son.
(b) Little drummer boy.
12. How does Oskar say he dealt with not being about to find him?
(a) By drumming.
(b) He just continued searching.
(c) He Cried.
(d) He talked to his mama.
13. How does Oskar refer to his trial after the church scene?
(a) The begining of the end.
(b) A sham.
(c) The second trial of Jesus.
14. What does Bruno do after not being able to find the fizz powder?
(a) Tells Oskar it is no use.
(b) Buys Oskar a drum.
(c) Has a pharmacist make it.
(d) Brings Oskar real soda.
15. What type of existence does Oskar live after his mother's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
2. What is the name of the beach Oskar, his mother, Jan Bronski, and Matzerath go to on Sundays?
3. When Oskar's first drum breaks and his parents think he might be cut by it, what do his parents use to try to bribe him into giving up his drum?
4. When does Oskar lose his ability to shatter glass with his voice?
5. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)