|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Greff invent after his favorite boy Scout, HNorst Donath, dies?
(a) A washing machine.
(b) A gun.
(c) A drumming machine.
(d) A vehicle.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 11, Oskar reflects on his feelings about leading others to steal from the shop windows. What does he state he feels about these actions?
(a) He wishes he broke more shop windows.
(b) He is proud of himself.
(c) He regrets his power.
(d) He feels superior.
3. After another meeting with Bebra, what does Oskar agree to do?
(a) Give him free food.
(b) Join the troupe.
(c) Drum for Bebara.
(d) Teach him to drum.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
(a) He despises the person watching.
(b) He resents the person watching.
(c) He wishes the person watching was real.
(d) His is fond of the person watching.
5. What does Matzerath do after finding out Maria is pregnant?
(a) Sends her away.
(b) Forces Oskar to marry her.
(c) Fires her.
(d) Marries her.
6. What type of existence does Oskar live after his mother's death?
7. What does Oskar insist the gang do with their weapons?
(a) Keep them in the open.
(b) Bury them in the garden.
(c) Use then to take over the city.
(d) Sell them.
8. At the beginning of Chapter 17, what does Maria bring Oskar?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) A new drum.
(c) A book.
9. Who does Oskar think he looks like?
(a) His Mother.
(b) His grandmother.
(d) Baby Jesus.
10. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
(a) Tom Thumb.
(c) The Fiddler on the Roof.
11. Oskar tells the story of his grandfather to Bruno. Bruno thinks Oskar's grandfather is dead and describes the death as...?
12. In the beginning of Chapter 16, who becomes a member of the Nazi Mounted SA band?
13. Who does Matzerath hire to help in the store?
14. How does the gang redecorate their clubhouse?
(a) With anti-war signs.
(b) With pictures of girls.
(c) With religious artifacts.
(d) With weapons.
15. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oskar think his mother becomes more religious?
2. What does Oskar tell the gang his name is?
3. While on his way home from the church one night, where does Oskar go to avoid the gang?
4. What is raised in 1938?
5. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)