|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Oskar up after he falls asleep in the mail room of the post office?
(a) The mail carriers.
(c) Machine gun fire.
2. What does Matzerath do after finding out Maria is pregnant?
(a) Fires her.
(b) Marries her.
(c) Sends her away.
(d) Forces Oskar to marry her.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
(a) He wishes the person watching was real.
(b) His is fond of the person watching.
(c) He despises the person watching.
(d) He resents the person watching.
4. Who at the Polish post office is able to repair Oskar's drum?
(a) Bronski's manager.
(b) A customer.
(c) A janitor.
(d) The Post Master.
5. What happens to Bronski after the Post Office was captured by the Germans?
(a) He is excuted.
(b) He dies from his injury.
(c) He marries Anna.
(d) He is released.
6. Who does Oskar think he looks like?
(b) Baby Jesus.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His Mother.
7. What does Maria trade for a new drum?
(d) Black market sugar.
8. What does Oskar tell the gang his name is?
9. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
(b) Mother Truczinski.
10. When Osker is traveling with the midget troupe, what makes him homesick?
(a) The Nile.
(b) The Eiffel tower.
(c) The expensive glassware of Louis XVI.
(d) The pyramids.
11. In 1938, why can't Oskar's grandmother take her goods to the market?
(a) The border was closed.
(b) The markets were closed.
(c) She could not afford it.
(d) She found another job.
12. When Oskar's first drum breaks and his parents think he might be cut by it, what do his parents use to try to bribe him into giving up his drum?
(b) A visit to the zoo.
(c) A teddy bear.
(d) A new drum.
13. What do Oskar and Herbert Truczinski do while Herbert is unemployed?
(a) Herbert taught Oskar to read.
(b) Played instruments.
(c) Committed two robberies.
(d) Explored the city.
14. After another meeting with Bebra, what does Oskar agree to do?
(a) Drum for Bebara.
(b) Give him free food.
(c) Teach him to drum.
(d) Join the troupe.
15. Why does Oskar think Victor will denounce him?
(a) He killed his father.
(b) He betrayed his father.
(c) He was not sent to jail.
(d) He is paranoid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oskar feel about the church?
2. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
3. What type of existence does Oskar live after his mother's death?
4. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
5. Lobasck, the director of training, has what distinguishing characteristic?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)