Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
(a) He despises the person watching.
(b) He wishes the person watching was real.
(c) He resents the person watching.
(d) His is fond of the person watching.
2. What does Greff do on Sundays in the winter?
(a) Bathe naked in the Baltic.
(b) Goes to church.
(d) Feeds to poor.
3. What do Oskar and Herbert Truczinski do while Herbert is unemployed?
(a) Played instruments.
(b) Herbert taught Oskar to read.
(c) Explored the city.
(d) Committed two robberies.
4. When is Oskar's mother born?
(b) July, 1920.
(c) July, 1900.
(d) July, 1800.
5. Oskar describes his room in the mental hospital. How does he describe his bed?
(a) His demise.
(b) Cold and hard.
(c) Soft as a cloud.
(d) As a goal.
6. How does Oskar try to force a miscarriage of Maria's pregnancy?
(a) Poisons her.
(b) Kicks her off a ladder.
(c) Drops a bag of potatoes on her stomach.
(d) Punches her.
7. Who does Oskar think he looks like?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) Baby Jesus.
(d) His Mother.
8. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
(d) Works of art.
9. After Hebert's funeral, what does Meyn do after becoming too drunk?
(a) Steals a car.
(b) Passes out in a park.
(c) Bludgeons a cat to death.
(d) Gets into a fight.
10. While on the road with the midget troupe, who does Oskar sleep with?
(d) A solider.
11. What wakes Oskar up after he falls asleep in the mail room of the post office?
(a) The mail carriers.
(c) Machine gun fire.
12. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
(a) Over 100 steps.
(b) Too many to count.
(c) Only 5 steps.
(d) About 35 steps.
13. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
(a) Anna becomes pregnant with Oskar's mother.
(b) He catches a disease.
(c) Anna slaps him.
(d) The police catch him.
14. How does Oskar say he dealt with not being about to find him?
(a) He talked to his mama.
(b) By drumming.
(c) He Cried.
(d) He just continued searching.
15. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
(a) There is nothing else to eat.
(b) She is ill.
(c) It is inexpensive.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Duster's secret weapon?
2. What does Matzerath force Oskar's mother to eat?
3. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
4. What does Oskar say he does to make it through his day?
5. How does Oskar feel about the church?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)