|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oskar say was wrong with the wooden bench at the church?
(a) Too high.
(b) Too smooth.
(c) It is warped.
(d) Too hard.
2. In Chapter 17, who does Oskar find to assist with the search of his mother?
3. Who does Matzerath hire to help in the store?
4. When Oskar disappears with the midget troupe, what do the police think?
(a) He just ran away.
(b) They didn't care.
(c) His father killed him.
(d) They were never alerted.
5. What is Oskar convinced that the Germans are after?
(a) His Drum.
(c) The mail.
6. How does Oskar refer to his trial after the church scene?
(a) The begining of the end.
(c) The second trial of Jesus.
(d) A sham.
7. Why does Oskar begin to drum furiously when he is discharged from the hospital?
(a) He misses the nurses.
(b) He misses his cell.
(c) He can not sleep.
(d) The world is overwhelming.
8. Oskar describes his tin drum as the kind that is bought in what type of store?
(a) Music Store.
(b) Consignment Store,
(c) Grocery Store.
(d) Dime Store.
9. Why does Oskar think Victor will denounce him?
(a) He is paranoid.
(b) He was not sent to jail.
(c) He killed his father.
(d) He betrayed his father.
10. Why does Oskar's mother refuse to go in a certain room of the house?
(a) There is no heat in the room.
(b) She is afraid of ghosts.
(c) The room has too many spiders.
(d) The room is used for storage.
11. How long does the troupe entertain at Metz?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 days.
12. After Hebert's funeral, what does Meyn do after becoming too drunk?
(a) Bludgeons a cat to death.
(b) Passes out in a park.
(c) Gets into a fight.
(d) Steals a car.
13. During their conversation at the beginning of the book, where does Oskar say Bruno "derived all his inspiration"?
(a) From Oskar.
(b) The ceiling.
(c) His mother.
(d) The virgin paper.
14. As an adult, what does Oskar do with his old drums?
(a) Numbers and stores them in the basement.
(b) Throws them out.
(c) Keeps them.
(d) Gives them to the needy.
15. A man at the circus tells Oskar he stopped growing at what age?
(a) 21 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
2. While on the road with the midget troupe, who does Oskar sleep with?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
4. Lobasck, the director of training, has what distinguishing characteristic?
5. Oskar describes his room in the mental hospital. How does he describe his bed?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)