|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Oskar up after he falls asleep in the mail room of the post office?
(c) The mail carriers.
(d) Machine gun fire.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
(a) He despises the person watching.
(b) His is fond of the person watching.
(c) He resents the person watching.
(d) He wishes the person watching was real.
3. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
(a) There is nothing else to eat.
(b) It is inexpensive.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is ill.
4. What does the midget troupe wear?
(a) Doctors' coats.
(c) Colorful uniforms.
(d) Army uniforms.
5. Oskar possesses a special gift that he uses when upset over someone taking his drum. What is this gift?
(a) The ability to have a tantrum that caused seizures.
(b) The ability to shatter glass with his scream.
(c) The ability to manipulate his mother.
6. In Chapter 17, who does Oskar find to assist with the search of his mother?
7. During their conversation at the beginning of the book, where does Oskar say Bruno "derived all his inspiration"?
(a) The ceiling.
(b) The virgin paper.
(c) From Oskar.
(d) His mother.
8. Why does Oskar begin to drum furiously when he is discharged from the hospital?
(a) The world is overwhelming.
(b) He misses the nurses.
(c) He can not sleep.
(d) He misses his cell.
9. Why does Oskar think his mother becomes more religious?
(a) She has feelings of guilt.
(b) She had always enjoyed the church.
(c) Her association with Jan Bronski.
(d) A near death experience.
10. What does Oskar say was wrong with the wooden bench at the church?
(a) Too smooth.
(b) Too hard.
(c) It is warped.
(d) Too high.
11. What is the Duster's secret weapon?
(a) Oskar's speed.
(b) Oskar's small stature.
(c) Oskar's voice.
(d) Oskar's drum.
12. What circus character does Oskar feel drawn to?
(a) The musical clown.
(b) The dancing seals.
(c) The trapeze artist.
(d) The lion tamer.
13. Whose idea is it to commit Oskar to the asylum?
(b) The Board of Health.
14. Oskar describes his tin drum as the kind that is bought in what type of store?
(a) Consignment Store,
(b) Music Store.
(c) Grocery Store.
(d) Dime Store.
15. What type of people does Greff prefer?
(a) Young girls.
(b) Timid people.
(c) Outgoing people.
(d) Young boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the solider seal in the walls of each pillbox building they build?
2. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
3. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
4. What does Maria trade for a new drum?
5. What is the name of the beach Oskar, his mother, Jan Bronski, and Matzerath go to on Sundays?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)