|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matzerath force Oskar's mother to eat?
2. What does Oskar say he does to make it through his day?
(a) Read the paper.
(c) Play his drum.
(d) Talk with Bruno.
3. As an adult, what does Oskar do with his old drums?
(a) Keeps them.
(b) Numbers and stores them in the basement.
(c) Throws them out.
(d) Gives them to the needy.
4. What does Matzerath do after finding out Maria is pregnant?
(a) Fires her.
(b) Marries her.
(c) Sends her away.
(d) Forces Oskar to marry her.
5. Who does the seven of spades represent?
6. What is Oskar's mother possessed with?
(c) An undefined demon.
7. What type of children does Oskar say are "destructive out of mischief"?
(a) Those in school.
(b) Those with no discipline.
(c) Those who play.
(d) Those who are bored.
8. Who does Oskar think he looks like?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His Mother.
(d) Baby Jesus.
9. Who is shot for not vacating the beach?
(b) Three small children.
(d) Five nuns.
10. How long does the troupe entertain at Metz?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 days.
11. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
(a) Potatoes and Cabbages.
(b) The cash register.
(c) The other children in the area.
(d) The toy dolls he sold.
12. What is raised in 1938?
(a) Food prices.
(b) Gas prices.
(c) Custom duties.
(d) The cost of education.
13. What does Bruno do after not being able to find the fizz powder?
(a) Brings Oskar real soda.
(b) Buys Oskar a drum.
(c) Has a pharmacist make it.
(d) Tells Oskar it is no use.
14. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
(a) A new drum.
(b) A jazz recorder.
15. Who at the Polish post office is able to repair Oskar's drum?
(a) A customer.
(b) Bronski's manager.
(c) A janitor.
(d) The Post Master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oskar insist the gang do with their weapons?
2. What does Greff do on Sundays in the winter?
3. What is Oskar convinced that the Germans are after?
4. Why does Oskar begin to drum furiously when he is discharged from the hospital?
5. Why do the characters call Victor "poor Victor" after the war?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)