|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Oskar's mother born?
(a) July, 1920.
(c) July, 1800.
(d) July, 1900.
2. After Hebert's funeral, what does Meyn do after becoming too drunk?
(a) Gets into a fight.
(b) Steals a car.
(c) Bludgeons a cat to death.
(d) Passes out in a park.
3. How does Oskar feel about the church?
4. What type of people does Greff prefer?
(a) Young boys.
(b) Outgoing people.
(c) Young girls.
(d) Timid people.
5. One day Oskar is drumming down the street. Who follows him in parade-like form down the street?
6. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) It is inexpensive.
(c) There is nothing else to eat.
(d) She is ill.
7. While on his way home from the church one night, where does Oskar go to avoid the gang?
(a) A chocolate factory.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) Back to the church.
(d) He runs home.
8. When does Kobyella, the janitor, die?
(a) During a skat game.
(b) Immediately after the war.
(c) During the gun fight.
(d) Many years after the war.
9. Oskar tells the story of his grandfather to Bruno. Bruno thinks Oskar's grandfather is dead and describes the death as...?
10. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
(a) He wishes the person watching was real.
(b) He resents the person watching.
(c) His is fond of the person watching.
(d) He despises the person watching.
11. What is the result of Meyn's actions on the night of the funeral?
(a) He is ordered to community service.
(b) He is tried in court and fined.
(c) He is jailed.
12. How does Oskar say he dealt with not being about to find him?
(a) He talked to his mama.
(b) He Cried.
(c) He just continued searching.
(d) By drumming.
13. What does Greff do in the cellar after creating his latest invention?
(a) Puts better acoustics in the cellar.
(b) Hangs himself.
(c) Cleans it.
(d) Gets rid of all the potatoes.
14. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
(a) Over 100 steps.
(b) Only 5 steps.
(c) About 35 steps.
(d) Too many to count.
15. How does Oskar refer to his trial after the church scene?
(b) The second trial of Jesus.
(c) A sham.
(d) The begining of the end.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the midget troupe wear?
2. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
3. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
4. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
5. When does Oskar lose his ability to shatter glass with his voice?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)