|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oskar associate his guilt with?
(a) The drum from the Post Office.
(b) His betrayal.
(c) His childhood.
(d) His lifetime of isolation.
2. What is raised in 1938?
(a) The cost of education.
(b) Custom duties.
(c) Gas prices.
(d) Food prices.
3. While on the road with the midget troupe, who does Oskar sleep with?
(a) A solider.
4. Who does Oskar think he looks like?
(a) His Mother.
(b) Baby Jesus.
(c) His grandmother.
5. Oskar describes his room in the mental hospital. How does he describe his bed?
(a) Cold and hard.
(b) His demise.
(c) As a goal.
(d) Soft as a cloud.
6. Who at the Polish post office is able to repair Oskar's drum?
(a) The Post Master.
(b) A janitor.
(c) A customer.
(d) Bronski's manager.
7. How long does the troupe entertain at Metz?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 days.
8. What do the solider seal in the walls of each pillbox building they build?
(a) A human.
(b) A gun.
(c) A stack of money.
(d) A live puppy.
9. What does Oskar believe when Maria becomes pregnant?
(a) She has been unfaithful.
(b) It is Matzerath's child.
(c) It is his child.
(d) It is a delusion.
10. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
(a) He wishes the person watching was real.
(b) His is fond of the person watching.
(c) He resents the person watching.
(d) He despises the person watching.
11. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
(a) She is ill.
(b) It is inexpensive.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) There is nothing else to eat.
12. When Oskar disappears with the midget troupe, what do the police think?
(a) They were never alerted.
(b) He just ran away.
(c) His father killed him.
(d) They didn't care.
13. What type of existence does Oskar live after his mother's death?
14. Lobasck, the director of training, has what distinguishing characteristic?
(a) Only one eye.
(b) A tattoo on his arm.
(c) A birth mark on this face.
(d) Hump on his back.
15. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
(a) The police catch him.
(b) Anna becomes pregnant with Oskar's mother.
(c) He catches a disease.
(d) Anna slaps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Mr. Meyn play?
2. One day Oskar is drumming down the street. Who follows him in parade-like form down the street?
3. What does Greff invent after his favorite boy Scout, HNorst Donath, dies?
4. What is the name of the beach Oskar, his mother, Jan Bronski, and Matzerath go to on Sundays?
5. Each day, Oskar sees the school children outside. What does he feel toward these children?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)