|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of existence does Oskar live after his mother's death?
2. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
(b) Mother Truczinski.
3. Whose idea is it to commit Oskar to the asylum?
(d) The Board of Health.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
(a) He wishes the person watching was real.
(b) He despises the person watching.
(c) He resents the person watching.
(d) His is fond of the person watching.
5. How does the gang redecorate their clubhouse?
(a) With anti-war signs.
(b) With pictures of girls.
(c) With religious artifacts.
(d) With weapons.
6. How long does the troupe entertain at Metz?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
7. What circus character does Oskar feel drawn to?
(a) The dancing seals.
(b) The lion tamer.
(c) The musical clown.
(d) The trapeze artist.
8. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
(b) A new drum.
(d) A jazz recorder.
9. Why does Oskar's mother refuse to go in a certain room of the house?
(a) There is no heat in the room.
(b) The room is used for storage.
(c) The room has too many spiders.
(d) She is afraid of ghosts.
10. What does Oskar say he does to make it through his day?
(b) Talk with Bruno.
(c) Read the paper.
(d) Play his drum.
11. What do the German soldiers accuse Bronski of?
(c) Bringing a toodles into a war zone.
(d) Killing a German.
12. What type of people does Greff prefer?
(a) Young girls.
(b) Outgoing people.
(c) Timid people.
(d) Young boys.
13. What does Oskar's mother eat for breakfast?
14. Each day, Oskar sees the school children outside. What does he feel toward these children?
15. One day Oskar is drumming down the street. Who follows him in parade-like form down the street?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oskar try to force a miscarriage of Maria's pregnancy?
2. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. When does Oskar lose his ability to shatter glass with his voice?
4. Oskar tells the story of his grandfather to Bruno. Bruno thinks Oskar's grandfather is dead and describes the death as...?
5. What does Matzerath do after finding out Maria is pregnant?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)