|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the solider seal in the walls of each pillbox building they build?
(a) A gun.
(b) A live puppy.
(c) A stack of money.
(d) A human.
2. What type of children does Oskar say are "destructive out of mischief"?
(a) Those who play.
(b) Those with no discipline.
(c) Those who are bored.
(d) Those in school.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
(c) The Fiddler on the Roof.
(d) Tom Thumb.
4. What type of people does Greff prefer?
(a) Timid people.
(b) Young girls.
(c) Young boys.
(d) Outgoing people.
5. How does Oskar feel about the church?
6. Lobasck, the director of training, has what distinguishing characteristic?
(a) A birth mark on this face.
(b) Only one eye.
(c) A tattoo on his arm.
(d) Hump on his back.
7. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
(a) Mother Truczinski.
8. What wakes Oskar up after he falls asleep in the mail room of the post office?
(a) The mail carriers.
(d) Machine gun fire.
9. Why does Oskar think Victor will denounce him?
(a) He was not sent to jail.
(b) He is paranoid.
(c) He betrayed his father.
(d) He killed his father.
10. What is the result of Meyn's actions on the night of the funeral?
(a) He is jailed.
(b) He is ordered to community service.
(c) He is tried in court and fined.
11. How does Oskar refer to his trial after the church scene?
(a) The begining of the end.
(b) A sham.
(c) The second trial of Jesus.
12. Who is shot for not vacating the beach?
(a) Three small children.
(c) Five nuns.
13. What does Matzerath force Oskar's mother to eat?
14. What does Matzerath do after finding out Maria is pregnant?
(a) Forces Oskar to marry her.
(b) Marries her.
(c) Sends her away.
(d) Fires her.
15. Who does Oskar think he looks like?
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His Mother.
(d) Baby Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
2. When does Oskar lose his ability to shatter glass with his voice?
3. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
4. Why does Oskar begin to drum furiously when he is discharged from the hospital?
5. When does Kobyella, the janitor, die?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)