|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Mr. Meyn play?
2. Who at the Polish post office is able to repair Oskar's drum?
(a) The Post Master.
(b) Bronski's manager.
(c) A customer.
(d) A janitor.
3. What is Oskar's mother possessed with?
(a) An undefined demon.
4. While on his way home from the church one night, where does Oskar go to avoid the gang?
(a) Back to the church.
(b) He runs home.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) A chocolate factory.
5. When Osker is traveling with the midget troupe, what makes him homesick?
(a) The expensive glassware of Louis XVI.
(b) The Eiffel tower.
(c) The pyramids.
(d) The Nile.
6. Why do the characters call Victor "poor Victor" after the war?
(a) He loses a leg.
(b) He dies.
(c) He loses his eyeglasses.
(d) He loses his home.
7. During their conversation at the beginning of the book, where does Oskar say Bruno "derived all his inspiration"?
(a) His mother.
(b) From Oskar.
(c) The virgin paper.
(d) The ceiling.
8. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
(a) He catches a disease.
(b) The police catch him.
(c) Anna slaps him.
(d) Anna becomes pregnant with Oskar's mother.
9. When Oskar disappears with the midget troupe, what do the police think?
(a) They didn't care.
(b) They were never alerted.
(c) He just ran away.
(d) His father killed him.
10. What do the German soldiers accuse Bronski of?
(c) Bringing a toodles into a war zone.
(d) Killing a German.
11. When Oskar's first drum breaks and his parents think he might be cut by it, what do his parents use to try to bribe him into giving up his drum?
(a) A visit to the zoo.
(b) A new drum.
(c) A teddy bear.
12. What type of people does Greff prefer?
(a) Young boys.
(b) Timid people.
(c) Outgoing people.
(d) Young girls.
13. What is the Duster's secret weapon?
(a) Oskar's small stature.
(b) Oskar's speed.
(c) Oskar's voice.
(d) Oskar's drum.
14. How does Oskar try to force a miscarriage of Maria's pregnancy?
(a) Poisons her.
(b) Kicks her off a ladder.
(c) Drops a bag of potatoes on her stomach.
(d) Punches her.
15. Who does Oskar think he looks like?
(a) His Mother.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) Baby Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. In Chapter 25, who does Oskar have an affair with?
3. What does Oskar's mother eat for breakfast?
4. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
5. Who does the seven of spades represent?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)