|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oskar tell the gang his name is?
2. What wakes Oskar up after he falls asleep in the mail room of the post office?
(b) The mail carriers.
(d) Machine gun fire.
3. As an adult, what does Oskar do with his old drums?
(a) Throws them out.
(b) Numbers and stores them in the basement.
(c) Keeps them.
(d) Gives them to the needy.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
(b) The Fiddler on the Roof.
(d) Tom Thumb.
5. How does Oskar refer to his trial after the church scene?
(b) A sham.
(c) The begining of the end.
(d) The second trial of Jesus.
6. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
7. What do Oskar and Herbert Truczinski do while Herbert is unemployed?
(a) Herbert taught Oskar to read.
(b) Played instruments.
(c) Explored the city.
(d) Committed two robberies.
8. When Osker is traveling with the midget troupe, what makes him homesick?
(a) The Eiffel tower.
(b) The pyramids.
(c) The Nile.
(d) The expensive glassware of Louis XVI.
9. Why does Oskar think his mother becomes more religious?
(a) She had always enjoyed the church.
(b) She has feelings of guilt.
(c) A near death experience.
(d) Her association with Jan Bronski.
10. What do the solider seal in the walls of each pillbox building they build?
(a) A gun.
(b) A stack of money.
(c) A human.
(d) A live puppy.
11. A man at the circus tells Oskar he stopped growing at what age?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 21 years.
12. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
(a) Over 100 steps.
(b) Only 5 steps.
(c) Too many to count.
(d) About 35 steps.
13. What does Oskar believe when Maria becomes pregnant?
(a) It is his child.
(b) She has been unfaithful.
(c) It is Matzerath's child.
(d) It is a delusion.
14. What does Oskar insist the gang do with their weapons?
(a) Use then to take over the city.
(b) Bury them in the garden.
(c) Keep them in the open.
(d) Sell them.
15. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
(a) The toy dolls he sold.
(b) The other children in the area.
(c) Potatoes and Cabbages.
(d) The cash register.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the troupe entertain at Metz?
2. What does Oskar expect to receive for Christmas?
3. How does Oskar try to force a miscarriage of Maria's pregnancy?
4. Who does the seven of spades represent?
5. What does Greff do on Sundays in the winter?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)