|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
(a) A sacrifice.
(d) A ear-piercing scream.
2. Why does Oskar think Victor will denounce him?
(a) He is paranoid.
(b) He betrayed his father.
(c) He killed his father.
(d) He was not sent to jail.
3. While on the road with the midget troupe, who does Oskar sleep with?
(c) A solider.
4. What does Matzerath force Oskar's mother to eat?
5. How does Oskar try to force a miscarriage of Maria's pregnancy?
(a) Punches her.
(b) Kicks her off a ladder.
(c) Poisons her.
(d) Drops a bag of potatoes on her stomach.
6. What does Oskar say he does to make it through his day?
(a) Read the paper.
(b) Talk with Bruno.
(d) Play his drum.
7. Oskar describes his tin drum as the kind that is bought in what type of store?
(a) Grocery Store.
(b) Consignment Store,
(c) Music Store.
(d) Dime Store.
8. What circus character does Oskar feel drawn to?
(a) The musical clown.
(b) The trapeze artist.
(c) The lion tamer.
(d) The dancing seals.
9. When is Oskar's mother born?
(a) July, 1900.
(b) July, 1920.
(d) July, 1800.
10. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
(a) He despises the person watching.
(b) His is fond of the person watching.
(c) He resents the person watching.
(d) He wishes the person watching was real.
11. What does Oskar believe when Maria becomes pregnant?
(a) She has been unfaithful.
(b) It is his child.
(c) It is a delusion.
(d) It is Matzerath's child.
12. What does Oskar expect to receive for Christmas?
(c) A new drum.
(d) A new trumpet.
13. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
(b) Works of art.
14. What does Oskar say was wrong with the wooden bench at the church?
(a) Too smooth.
(b) Too high.
(c) It is warped.
(d) Too hard.
15. Lobasck, the director of training, has what distinguishing characteristic?
(a) A birth mark on this face.
(b) A tattoo on his arm.
(c) Hump on his back.
(d) Only one eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the troupe entertain at Metz?
2. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
3. What does the midget troupe wear?
4. During their conversation at the beginning of the book, where does Oskar say Bruno "derived all his inspiration"?
5. How does Oskar say he dealt with not being about to find him?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)