|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
(a) A sacrifice.
(d) A ear-piercing scream.
2. Why does Oskar begin to drum furiously when he is discharged from the hospital?
(a) He misses the nurses.
(b) He misses his cell.
(c) The world is overwhelming.
(d) He can not sleep.
3. What instrument does Mr. Meyn play?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
(a) Tom Thumb.
(d) The Fiddler on the Roof.
5. When Oskar's first drum breaks and his parents think he might be cut by it, what do his parents use to try to bribe him into giving up his drum?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) A new drum.
(c) A visit to the zoo.
6. When is Oskar's mother born?
(a) July, 1920.
(c) July, 1900.
(d) July, 1800.
7. What wakes Oskar up after he falls asleep in the mail room of the post office?
(b) Machine gun fire.
(d) The mail carriers.
8. What is the result of Meyn's actions on the night of the funeral?
(a) He is tried in court and fined.
(b) He is jailed.
(c) He is ordered to community service.
9. What type of children does Oskar say are "destructive out of mischief"?
(a) Those in school.
(b) Those with no discipline.
(c) Those who are bored.
(d) Those who play.
10. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
(a) A jazz recorder.
(d) A new drum.
11. How does Oskar feel about the church?
12. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
(a) Anna becomes pregnant with Oskar's mother.
(b) He catches a disease.
(c) The police catch him.
(d) Anna slaps him.
13. Why does Oskar think Victor will denounce him?
(a) He betrayed his father.
(b) He was not sent to jail.
(c) He is paranoid.
(d) He killed his father.
14. As an adult, what does Oskar do with his old drums?
(a) Gives them to the needy.
(b) Throws them out.
(c) Keeps them.
(d) Numbers and stores them in the basement.
15. What does the midget troupe wear?
(a) Army uniforms.
(b) Colorful uniforms.
(c) Doctors' coats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bronski call Oskar after becoming disoriented due to an injury at the Post Office?
2. What does Greff do on Sundays in the winter?
3. What does Oskar expect to receive for Christmas?
4. In 1938, why can't Oskar's grandmother take her goods to the market?
5. A man at the circus tells Oskar he stopped growing at what age?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)