|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oskar try to force a miscarriage of Maria's pregnancy?
(a) Kicks her off a ladder.
(b) Poisons her.
(c) Punches her.
(d) Drops a bag of potatoes on her stomach.
2. Whose idea is it to commit Oskar to the asylum?
(b) The Board of Health.
3. What does Greff do on Sundays in the winter?
(a) Goes to church.
(c) Bathe naked in the Baltic.
(d) Feeds to poor.
4. What type of children does Oskar say are "destructive out of mischief"?
(a) Those in school.
(b) Those who are bored.
(c) Those with no discipline.
(d) Those who play.
5. In 1938, why can't Oskar's grandmother take her goods to the market?
(a) The markets were closed.
(b) She could not afford it.
(c) She found another job.
(d) The border was closed.
6. What does the midget troupe wear?
(a) Colorful uniforms.
(b) Army uniforms.
(c) Doctors' coats.
7. What do Oskar and Herbert Truczinski do while Herbert is unemployed?
(a) Herbert taught Oskar to read.
(b) Committed two robberies.
(c) Explored the city.
(d) Played instruments.
8. Who does the seven of spades represent?
9. Why does Oskar think Victor will denounce him?
(a) He was not sent to jail.
(b) He betrayed his father.
(c) He is paranoid.
(d) He killed his father.
10. When is Oskar's mother born?
(a) July, 1800.
(c) July, 1900.
(d) July, 1920.
11. Who does Matzerath hire to help in the store?
12. In Chapter 17, who does Oskar find to assist with the search of his mother?
13. Who does Oskar think he looks like?
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His Mother.
(d) Baby Jesus.
14. During their conversation at the beginning of the book, where does Oskar say Bruno "derived all his inspiration"?
(a) From Oskar.
(b) His mother.
(c) The ceiling.
(d) The virgin paper.
15. What is the name of the beach Oskar, his mother, Jan Bronski, and Matzerath go to on Sundays?
(a) Castle Park
(c) South Beach.
(d) North Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
2. Why does Oskar think his mother becomes more religious?
3. When does Oskar lose his ability to shatter glass with his voice?
4. How does Oskar feel about the church?
5. How does the gang redecorate their clubhouse?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)