|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After another meeting with Bebra, what does Oskar agree to do?
(a) Give him free food.
(b) Join the troupe.
(c) Teach him to drum.
(d) Drum for Bebara.
2. What does Oskar expect to receive for Christmas?
(c) A new trumpet.
(d) A new drum.
3. When Osker is traveling with the midget troupe, what makes him homesick?
(a) The expensive glassware of Louis XVI.
(b) The Eiffel tower.
(c) The Nile.
(d) The pyramids.
4. Oskar possesses a special gift that he uses when upset over someone taking his drum. What is this gift?
(a) The ability to have a tantrum that caused seizures.
(b) The ability to shatter glass with his scream.
(d) The ability to manipulate his mother.
5. What wakes Oskar up after he falls asleep in the mail room of the post office?
(b) Machine gun fire.
(d) The mail carriers.
6. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
(a) Mother Turczinski.
(c) Mr. Meyn.
(d) Gretchen Scheffler.
7. When does Kobyella, the janitor, die?
(a) During a skat game.
(b) Many years after the war.
(c) Immediately after the war.
(d) During the gun fight.
8. What type of children does Oskar say are "destructive out of mischief"?
(a) Those who are bored.
(b) Those with no discipline.
(c) Those who play.
(d) Those in school.
9. What does Oskar insist the gang do with their weapons?
(a) Bury them in the garden.
(b) Sell them.
(c) Use then to take over the city.
(d) Keep them in the open.
10. How does Oskar refer to his trial after the church scene?
(a) A sham.
(b) The second trial of Jesus.
(d) The begining of the end.
11. What does Matzerath force Oskar's mother to eat?
12. What does Maria trade for a new drum?
(a) Black market sugar.
13. In 1938, why can't Oskar's grandmother take her goods to the market?
(a) The markets were closed.
(b) She could not afford it.
(c) The border was closed.
(d) She found another job.
14. Each day, Oskar sees the school children outside. What does he feel toward these children?
15. During their conversation at the beginning of the book, where does Oskar say Bruno "derived all his inspiration"?
(a) The virgin paper.
(b) The ceiling.
(c) From Oskar.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. A man at the circus tells Oskar he stopped growing at what age?
2. What is the name of the beach Oskar, his mother, Jan Bronski, and Matzerath go to on Sundays?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
4. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
5. How does Oskar try to force a miscarriage of Maria's pregnancy?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)