|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lobasck, the director of training, has what distinguishing characteristic?
(a) A tattoo on his arm.
(b) Hump on his back.
(c) A birth mark on this face.
(d) Only one eye.
2. While on the road with the midget troupe, who does Oskar sleep with?
(c) A solider.
3. In 1938, why can't Oskar's grandmother take her goods to the market?
(a) The markets were closed.
(b) She could not afford it.
(c) The border was closed.
(d) She found another job.
4. What does Oskar expect to receive for Christmas?
(c) A new drum.
(d) A new trumpet.
5. After another meeting with Bebra, what does Oskar agree to do?
(a) Join the troupe.
(b) Teach him to drum.
(c) Drum for Bebara.
(d) Give him free food.
6. Who does Oskar think he looks like?
(b) His grandmother.
(c) Baby Jesus.
(d) His Mother.
7. When Oskar disappears with the midget troupe, what do the police think?
(a) They were never alerted.
(b) They didn't care.
(c) His father killed him.
(d) He just ran away.
8. Whose idea is it to commit Oskar to the asylum?
(d) The Board of Health.
9. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
(a) Anna becomes pregnant with Oskar's mother.
(b) He catches a disease.
(c) Anna slaps him.
(d) The police catch him.
10. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
(a) Potatoes and Cabbages.
(b) The other children in the area.
(c) The cash register.
(d) The toy dolls he sold.
11. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
(a) There is nothing else to eat.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) It is inexpensive.
12. Why does Oskar begin to drum furiously when he is discharged from the hospital?
(a) He misses his cell.
(b) He can not sleep.
(c) The world is overwhelming.
(d) He misses the nurses.
13. What type of people does Greff prefer?
(a) Outgoing people.
(b) Timid people.
(c) Young boys.
(d) Young girls.
14. While on his way home from the church one night, where does Oskar go to avoid the gang?
(a) Back to the church.
(b) He runs home.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) A chocolate factory.
15. How does Oskar say he dealt with not being about to find him?
(a) He talked to his mama.
(b) By drumming.
(c) He just continued searching.
(d) He Cried.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the characters call Victor "poor Victor" after the war?
2. How does Oskar feel about the church?
3. What happens to Bronski after the Post Office was captured by the Germans?
4. Who does Matzerath hire to help in the store?
5. What does Oskar insist the gang do with their weapons?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)