|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the gang redecorate their clubhouse?
(a) With religious artifacts.
(b) With weapons.
(c) With anti-war signs.
(d) With pictures of girls.
2. While on the road with the midget troupe, who does Oskar sleep with?
(a) A solider.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 16, who becomes a member of the Nazi Mounted SA band?
4. After another meeting with Bebra, what does Oskar agree to do?
(a) Join the troupe.
(b) Drum for Bebara.
(c) Give him free food.
(d) Teach him to drum.
5. What happens to Bronski after the Post Office was captured by the Germans?
(a) He dies from his injury.
(b) He marries Anna.
(c) He is excuted.
(d) He is released.
6. While on his way home from the church one night, where does Oskar go to avoid the gang?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) Back to the church.
(c) A chocolate factory.
(d) He runs home.
7. Who does the seven of spades represent?
8. Oskar describes his tin drum as the kind that is bought in what type of store?
(a) Music Store.
(b) Grocery Store.
(c) Consignment Store,
(d) Dime Store.
9. Oskar tells the story of his grandfather to Bruno. Bruno thinks Oskar's grandfather is dead and describes the death as...?
10. When does Kobyella, the janitor, die?
(a) During the gun fight.
(b) Many years after the war.
(c) Immediately after the war.
(d) During a skat game.
11. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
(a) She is ill.
(b) It is inexpensive.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) There is nothing else to eat.
12. Whose idea is it to commit Oskar to the asylum?
(c) The Board of Health.
13. What instrument does Mr. Meyn play?
14. What does the midget troupe wear?
(a) Army uniforms.
(c) Colorful uniforms.
(d) Doctors' coats.
15. In the beginning of Chapter 11, Oskar reflects on his feelings about leading others to steal from the shop windows. What does he state he feels about these actions?
(a) He is proud of himself.
(b) He regrets his power.
(c) He wishes he broke more shop windows.
(d) He feels superior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
2. Why does Oskar's mother refuse to go in a certain room of the house?
3. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. Each day, Oskar sees the school children outside. What does he feel toward these children?
5. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)