|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oskar convinced that the Germans are after?
(a) His Drum.
(b) The mail.
2. What is the Duster's secret weapon?
(a) Oskar's voice.
(b) Oskar's small stature.
(c) Oskar's drum.
(d) Oskar's speed.
3. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
(b) Works of art.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
(a) He wishes the person watching was real.
(b) His is fond of the person watching.
(c) He resents the person watching.
(d) He despises the person watching.
5. What does Bruno do after not being able to find the fizz powder?
(a) Brings Oskar real soda.
(b) Has a pharmacist make it.
(c) Buys Oskar a drum.
(d) Tells Oskar it is no use.
6. What does Oskar's mother eat for breakfast?
7. In 1938, why can't Oskar's grandmother take her goods to the market?
(a) The border was closed.
(b) She found another job.
(c) She could not afford it.
(d) The markets were closed.
8. Whose idea is it to commit Oskar to the asylum?
(d) The Board of Health.
9. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
(a) The cash register.
(b) The toy dolls he sold.
(c) The other children in the area.
(d) Potatoes and Cabbages.
10. How does Oskar try to force a miscarriage of Maria's pregnancy?
(a) Poisons her.
(b) Punches her.
(c) Drops a bag of potatoes on her stomach.
(d) Kicks her off a ladder.
11. Who does the seven of spades represent?
12. In the beginning of Chapter 11, Oskar reflects on his feelings about leading others to steal from the shop windows. What does he state he feels about these actions?
(a) He feels superior.
(b) He wishes he broke more shop windows.
(c) He regrets his power.
(d) He is proud of himself.
13. What do the German soldiers accuse Bronski of?
(b) Killing a German.
(d) Bringing a toodles into a war zone.
14. What type of children does Oskar say are "destructive out of mischief"?
(a) Those who are bored.
(b) Those in school.
(c) Those with no discipline.
(d) Those who play.
15. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
(a) Mother Turczinski.
(b) Mr. Meyn.
(c) Gretchen Scheffler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oskar describes his tin drum as the kind that is bought in what type of store?
2. When Osker is traveling with the midget troupe, what makes him homesick?
3. After another meeting with Bebra, what does Oskar agree to do?
4. When does Oskar lose his ability to shatter glass with his voice?
5. How does Oskar feel about the church?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)