|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
(a) Works of art.
2. Why does Oskar begin to drum furiously when he is discharged from the hospital?
(a) He misses the nurses.
(b) The world is overwhelming.
(c) He can not sleep.
(d) He misses his cell.
3. In Chapter 17, who does Oskar find to assist with the search of his mother?
4. What type of children does Oskar say are "destructive out of mischief"?
(a) Those who are bored.
(b) Those in school.
(c) Those who play.
(d) Those with no discipline.
5. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
(a) A ear-piercing scream.
(d) A sacrifice.
6. In 1938, why can't Oskar's grandmother take her goods to the market?
(a) She found another job.
(b) The border was closed.
(c) The markets were closed.
(d) She could not afford it.
7. When does Kobyella, the janitor, die?
(a) During a skat game.
(b) Many years after the war.
(c) Immediately after the war.
(d) During the gun fight.
8. Why does Oskar's mother refuse to go in a certain room of the house?
(a) There is no heat in the room.
(b) The room has too many spiders.
(c) She is afraid of ghosts.
(d) The room is used for storage.
9. What does Maria trade for a new drum?
(c) Black market sugar.
10. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
(a) Over 100 steps.
(b) Only 5 steps.
(c) About 35 steps.
(d) Too many to count.
11. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
(a) He was an alcoholic.
(b) He was a torough man.
(c) He was depressed.
(d) He was happy.
12. When Oskar disappears with the midget troupe, what do the police think?
(a) They didn't care.
(b) They were never alerted.
(c) He just ran away.
(d) His father killed him.
13. Oskar possesses a special gift that he uses when upset over someone taking his drum. What is this gift?
(a) The ability to have a tantrum that caused seizures.
(c) The ability to shatter glass with his scream.
(d) The ability to manipulate his mother.
14. Each day, Oskar sees the school children outside. What does he feel toward these children?
15. After Hebert's funeral, what does Meyn do after becoming too drunk?
(a) Gets into a fight.
(b) Steals a car.
(c) Passes out in a park.
(d) Bludgeons a cat to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
2. A man at the circus tells Oskar he stopped growing at what age?
3. While on the road with the midget troupe, who does Oskar sleep with?
4. Why do the characters call Victor "poor Victor" after the war?
5. Who at the Polish post office is able to repair Oskar's drum?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)