|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on his way home from the church one night, where does Oskar go to avoid the gang?
(a) A chocolate factory.
(b) Back to the church.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) He runs home.
2. How does Oskar refer to his trial after the church scene?
(a) The second trial of Jesus.
(b) A sham.
(c) The begining of the end.
3. Who does Oskar think he looks like?
(a) His Mother.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) Baby Jesus.
4. Why does Oskar begin to drum furiously when he is discharged from the hospital?
(a) He can not sleep.
(b) He misses his cell.
(c) He misses the nurses.
(d) The world is overwhelming.
5. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
6. What does Oskar tell the gang his name is?
7. When does Oskar lose his ability to shatter glass with his voice?
(a) When he is 10 years old.
(b) After a car accident.
(c) The year before entering the mental hospital.
(d) He never loses this ability.
8. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
(a) He was happy.
(b) He was an alcoholic.
(c) He was depressed.
(d) He was a torough man.
9. Whose idea is it to commit Oskar to the asylum?
(a) The Board of Health.
10. During their conversation at the beginning of the book, where does Oskar say Bruno "derived all his inspiration"?
(a) His mother.
(b) The ceiling.
(c) From Oskar.
(d) The virgin paper.
11. What does Oskar say he does to make it through his day?
(a) Play his drum.
(b) Talk with Bruno.
(d) Read the paper.
12. What does Greff do in the cellar after creating his latest invention?
(a) Puts better acoustics in the cellar.
(b) Cleans it.
(c) Gets rid of all the potatoes.
(d) Hangs himself.
13. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
(c) A new drum.
(d) A jazz recorder.
14. In the beginning of Chapter 11, Oskar reflects on his feelings about leading others to steal from the shop windows. What does he state he feels about these actions?
(a) He feels superior.
(b) He regrets his power.
(c) He is proud of himself.
(d) He wishes he broke more shop windows.
15. What does Oskar expect to receive for Christmas?
(a) A new drum.
(c) A new trumpet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oskar's mother refuse to go in a certain room of the house?
2. After another meeting with Bebra, what does Oskar agree to do?
3. In Chapter 17, who does Oskar find to assist with the search of his mother?
4. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
5. When does Kobyella, the janitor, die?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)