|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
(b) The Fiddler on the Roof.
(d) Tom Thumb.
2. What does Oskar tell the gang his name is?
3. What circus character does Oskar feel drawn to?
(a) The musical clown.
(b) The lion tamer.
(c) The trapeze artist.
(d) The dancing seals.
4. What does Oskar believe when Maria becomes pregnant?
(a) It is a delusion.
(b) She has been unfaithful.
(c) It is his child.
(d) It is Matzerath's child.
5. How does Oskar refer to his trial after the church scene?
(b) The begining of the end.
(c) The second trial of Jesus.
(d) A sham.
6. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
7. During their conversation at the beginning of the book, where does Oskar say Bruno "derived all his inspiration"?
(a) His mother.
(b) The ceiling.
(c) The virgin paper.
(d) From Oskar.
8. One day Oskar is drumming down the street. Who follows him in parade-like form down the street?
9. What does Greff invent after his favorite boy Scout, HNorst Donath, dies?
(a) A vehicle.
(b) A drumming machine.
(c) A gun.
(d) A washing machine.
10. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
(a) Only 5 steps.
(b) About 35 steps.
(c) Over 100 steps.
(d) Too many to count.
11. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
(a) The police catch him.
(b) Anna slaps him.
(c) He catches a disease.
(d) Anna becomes pregnant with Oskar's mother.
12. While on his way home from the church one night, where does Oskar go to avoid the gang?
(a) Back to the church.
(b) A chocolate factory.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) He runs home.
13. At the beginning of Chapter 17, what does Maria bring Oskar?
(a) A new drum.
(c) A book.
(d) The newspaper.
14. After another meeting with Bebra, what does Oskar agree to do?
(a) Teach him to drum.
(b) Join the troupe.
(c) Give him free food.
(d) Drum for Bebara.
15. When does Oskar lose his ability to shatter glass with his voice?
(a) After a car accident.
(b) When he is 10 years old.
(c) He never loses this ability.
(d) The year before entering the mental hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oskar convinced that the Germans are after?
2. Why does Oskar think his mother becomes more religious?
3. What happens to Bronski after the Post Office was captured by the Germans?
4. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
5. How long does the troupe entertain at Metz?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)