|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Oskar disappears with the midget troupe, what do the police think?
(a) They didn't care.
(b) He just ran away.
(c) They were never alerted.
(d) His father killed him.
2. While on the road with the midget troupe, who does Oskar sleep with?
(d) A solider.
3. After another meeting with Bebra, what does Oskar agree to do?
(a) Join the troupe.
(b) Drum for Bebara.
(c) Give him free food.
(d) Teach him to drum.
4. What does Greff do in the cellar after creating his latest invention?
(a) Cleans it.
(b) Puts better acoustics in the cellar.
(c) Gets rid of all the potatoes.
(d) Hangs himself.
5. What does Bronski call Oskar after becoming disoriented due to an injury at the Post Office?
(a) Little drummer boy.
(c) His son.
6. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
(a) He does not want Oskar to learn.
(b) He thinks Oskar will only rip them up.
(c) They were of a sexual nature.
(d) They cost over 6 gulden.
7. What is the name of the beach Oskar, his mother, Jan Bronski, and Matzerath go to on Sundays?
(b) Castle Park
(c) North Beach.
(d) South Beach.
8. What instrument does Mr. Meyn play?
9. Who at the Polish post office is able to repair Oskar's drum?
(a) A janitor.
(b) Bronski's manager.
(c) A customer.
(d) The Post Master.
10. In the beginning of Chapter 11, Oskar reflects on his feelings about leading others to steal from the shop windows. What does he state he feels about these actions?
(a) He feels superior.
(b) He regrets his power.
(c) He is proud of himself.
(d) He wishes he broke more shop windows.
11. What does Oskar say he does to make it through his day?
(b) Talk with Bruno.
(c) Read the paper.
(d) Play his drum.
12. What does Matzerath do after finding out Maria is pregnant?
(a) Sends her away.
(b) Marries her.
(c) Forces Oskar to marry her.
(d) Fires her.
13. A man at the circus tells Oskar he stopped growing at what age?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 21 years.
14. What do the German soldiers accuse Bronski of?
(b) Killing a German.
(d) Bringing a toodles into a war zone.
15. In Chapter 25, who does Oskar have an affair with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
2. How long does the troupe entertain at Metz?
3. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
4. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
5. As an adult, what does Oskar do with his old drums?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)