|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maria trade for a new drum?
(b) Black market sugar.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 11, Oskar reflects on his feelings about leading others to steal from the shop windows. What does he state he feels about these actions?
(a) He is proud of himself.
(b) He wishes he broke more shop windows.
(c) He feels superior.
(d) He regrets his power.
3. How long does the troupe entertain at Metz?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 days.
4. What type of existence does Oskar live after his mother's death?
5. When Oskar disappears with the midget troupe, what do the police think?
(a) They didn't care.
(b) He just ran away.
(c) His father killed him.
(d) They were never alerted.
6. What does Greff do in the cellar after creating his latest invention?
(a) Gets rid of all the potatoes.
(b) Hangs himself.
(c) Cleans it.
(d) Puts better acoustics in the cellar.
7. What does Oskar say was wrong with the wooden bench at the church?
(a) Too high.
(b) Too smooth.
(c) Too hard.
(d) It is warped.
8. A man at the circus tells Oskar he stopped growing at what age?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 21 years.
9. What type of people does Greff prefer?
(a) Young boys.
(b) Young girls.
(c) Timid people.
(d) Outgoing people.
10. What is raised in 1938?
(a) Food prices.
(b) Custom duties.
(c) Gas prices.
(d) The cost of education.
11. Lobasck, the director of training, has what distinguishing characteristic?
(a) A tattoo on his arm.
(b) Only one eye.
(c) Hump on his back.
(d) A birth mark on this face.
12. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
(a) The police catch him.
(b) Anna becomes pregnant with Oskar's mother.
(c) He catches a disease.
(d) Anna slaps him.
13. After another meeting with Bebra, what does Oskar agree to do?
(a) Give him free food.
(b) Join the troupe.
(c) Teach him to drum.
(d) Drum for Bebara.
14. How does Oskar refer to his trial after the church scene?
(a) A sham.
(b) The second trial of Jesus.
(d) The begining of the end.
15. What does the midget troupe wear?
(a) Colorful uniforms.
(b) Army uniforms.
(c) Doctors' coats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oskar's mother refuse to go in a certain room of the house?
2. What does Bronski call Oskar after becoming disoriented due to an injury at the Post Office?
3. What wakes Oskar up after he falls asleep in the mail room of the post office?
4. Who at the Polish post office is able to repair Oskar's drum?
5. In Chapter 17, who does Oskar find to assist with the search of his mother?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)