|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oskar say he does to make it through his day?
(a) Play his drum.
(b) Talk with Bruno.
(d) Read the paper.
2. What does Oskar tell the gang his name is?
3. During their conversation at the beginning of the book, where does Oskar say Bruno "derived all his inspiration"?
(a) From Oskar.
(b) The ceiling.
(c) The virgin paper.
(d) His mother.
4. As an adult, what does Oskar do with his old drums?
(a) Gives them to the needy.
(b) Keeps them.
(c) Throws them out.
(d) Numbers and stores them in the basement.
5. When Oskar's first drum breaks and his parents think he might be cut by it, what do his parents use to try to bribe him into giving up his drum?
(b) A visit to the zoo.
(c) A new drum.
(d) A teddy bear.
6. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
(a) His is fond of the person watching.
(b) He despises the person watching.
(c) He wishes the person watching was real.
(d) He resents the person watching.
7. Why do the characters call Victor "poor Victor" after the war?
(a) He loses his eyeglasses.
(b) He loses his home.
(c) He loses a leg.
(d) He dies.
8. What does Oskar insist the gang do with their weapons?
(a) Sell them.
(b) Use then to take over the city.
(c) Bury them in the garden.
(d) Keep them in the open.
9. What does Oskar expect to receive for Christmas?
(b) A new trumpet.
(d) A new drum.
10. What does Matzerath do after finding out Maria is pregnant?
(a) Fires her.
(b) Forces Oskar to marry her.
(c) Marries her.
(d) Sends her away.
11. What does Greff invent after his favorite boy Scout, HNorst Donath, dies?
(a) A washing machine.
(b) A drumming machine.
(c) A gun.
(d) A vehicle.
12. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
(a) He does not want Oskar to learn.
(b) He thinks Oskar will only rip them up.
(c) They cost over 6 gulden.
(d) They were of a sexual nature.
13. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
14. What type of existence does Oskar live after his mother's death?
15. What type of children does Oskar say are "destructive out of mischief"?
(a) Those who are bored.
(b) Those with no discipline.
(c) Those who play.
(d) Those in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Greff do on Sundays in the winter?
2. What does Oskar believe when Maria becomes pregnant?
3. When Osker is traveling with the midget troupe, what makes him homesick?
4. What does Matzerath force Oskar's mother to eat?
5. What does the midget troupe wear?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)