|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oskar tells the story of his grandfather to Bruno. Bruno thinks Oskar's grandfather is dead and describes the death as...?
2. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
(b) A ear-piercing scream.
(d) A sacrifice.
3. What does Greff invent after his favorite boy Scout, HNorst Donath, dies?
(a) A drumming machine.
(b) A gun.
(c) A vehicle.
(d) A washing machine.
4. What does Oskar expect to receive for Christmas?
(b) A new trumpet.
(c) A new drum.
5. When is Oskar's mother born?
(a) July, 1920.
(c) July, 1900.
(d) July, 1800.
6. Who at the Polish post office is able to repair Oskar's drum?
(a) The Post Master.
(b) A customer.
(c) Bronski's manager.
(d) A janitor.
7. Who does the seven of spades represent?
8. What is the Duster's secret weapon?
(a) Oskar's speed.
(b) Oskar's drum.
(c) Oskar's voice.
(d) Oskar's small stature.
9. Why do the characters call Victor "poor Victor" after the war?
(a) He loses his eyeglasses.
(b) He dies.
(c) He loses a leg.
(d) He loses his home.
10. What happens to Bronski after the Post Office was captured by the Germans?
(a) He is released.
(b) He dies from his injury.
(c) He is excuted.
(d) He marries Anna.
11. Who is shot for not vacating the beach?
(b) Three small children.
(d) Five nuns.
12. What type of existence does Oskar live after his mother's death?
13. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
(a) The police catch him.
(b) Anna slaps him.
(c) Anna becomes pregnant with Oskar's mother.
(d) He catches a disease.
14. Oskar describes his room in the mental hospital. How does he describe his bed?
(a) As a goal.
(b) Soft as a cloud.
(c) His demise.
(d) Cold and hard.
15. What does Oskar insist the gang do with their weapons?
(a) Sell them.
(b) Keep them in the open.
(c) Bury them in the garden.
(d) Use then to take over the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Oskar disappears with the midget troupe, what do the police think?
2. Who does Oskar think he looks like?
3. In Chapter 25, who does Oskar have an affair with?
4. What circus character does Oskar feel drawn to?
5. How long does the troupe entertain at Metz?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)