|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
(a) He thinks Oskar will only rip them up.
(b) They cost over 6 gulden.
(c) They were of a sexual nature.
(d) He does not want Oskar to learn.
2. What does Bruno do after not being able to find the fizz powder?
(a) Buys Oskar a drum.
(b) Has a pharmacist make it.
(c) Brings Oskar real soda.
(d) Tells Oskar it is no use.
3. In 1938, why can't Oskar's grandmother take her goods to the market?
(a) She found another job.
(b) She could not afford it.
(c) The markets were closed.
(d) The border was closed.
4. What instrument does Mr. Meyn play?
5. When does Kobyella, the janitor, die?
(a) Immediately after the war.
(b) During a skat game.
(c) Many years after the war.
(d) During the gun fight.
6. One day Oskar is drumming down the street. Who follows him in parade-like form down the street?
7. What type of children does Oskar say are "destructive out of mischief"?
(a) Those with no discipline.
(b) Those in school.
(c) Those who are bored.
(d) Those who play.
8. Each day, Oskar sees the school children outside. What does he feel toward these children?
9. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
(a) His is fond of the person watching.
(b) He despises the person watching.
(c) He wishes the person watching was real.
(d) He resents the person watching.
10. What does Oskar associate his guilt with?
(a) The drum from the Post Office.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His lifetime of isolation.
(d) His betrayal.
11. What does Matzerath do after finding out Maria is pregnant?
(a) Marries her.
(b) Sends her away.
(c) Forces Oskar to marry her.
(d) Fires her.
12. Oskar tells the story of his grandfather to Bruno. Bruno thinks Oskar's grandfather is dead and describes the death as...?
13. Who is shot for not vacating the beach?
(a) Three small children.
(d) Five nuns.
14. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
(d) Works of art.
15. What is the result of Meyn's actions on the night of the funeral?
(a) He is tried in court and fined.
(c) He is jailed.
(d) He is ordered to community service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
2. What does Maria trade for a new drum?
3. As an adult, what does Oskar do with his old drums?
4. While on the road with the midget troupe, who does Oskar sleep with?
5. What do Oskar and Herbert Truczinski do while Herbert is unemployed?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)