Short Essay Questions
1. As the story begins, the reader immediately learns that the narrator is in a mental hospital. How does Oskar wish to change his room and are his changes something that would be expected?
2. Oskar spends a lot of time talking about his family history. One significant member of his family is Jan Bronski. How is Jan related to Oskar's mother and how does Oskar describe this character?
3. Oskar tells Bruno and his friends the story of his grandfather's possible death. After the story, each character responds with what he thinks actually happened. Whose version of the story's end does Oskar like the best and why.?
4. How does Oskar describe himself when he was born?
5. What two things are the result of Oskar's fall down the cellar steps?
6. During the skat game, Bronski loses because of what distraction?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)