|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 40, Klepp.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 11, Oskar reflects on his feelings about leading others to steal from the shop windows. What does he state he feels about these actions?
(a) He regrets his power.
(b) He is proud of himself.
(c) He feels superior.
(d) He wishes he broke more shop windows.
2. What does Bruno do after not being able to find the fizz powder?
(a) Brings Oskar real soda.
(b) Has a pharmacist make it.
(c) Tells Oskar it is no use.
(d) Buys Oskar a drum.
3. How does Oskar feel about the nurse at the boarding house?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He does not like her.
(c) He is afraid of her.
(d) He is fascinated.
4. What happens on the train that causes the passengers to lose their belongings?
(a) They are robbed.
(b) They are lost in a train wreck.
(c) The passengers throw them off the side.
(d) They are confiscated.
5. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
(a) He does not want Oskar to learn.
(b) He thinks Oskar will only rip them up.
(c) They were of a sexual nature.
(d) They cost over 6 gulden.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Oskar's first drum breaks and his parents think he might be cut by it, what do his parents use to try to bribe him into giving up his drum?
2. What type of people does Greff prefer?
3. In Chapter 31, who is killed during an air raid?
4. What circus character does Oskar feel drawn to?
5. What does Greff do on Sundays in the winter?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)