|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, 165 lbs. | Chapter 26, Bebra's Theater at the Front.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Kobyella, the janitor, die?
(a) Immediately after the war.
(b) During a skat game.
(c) Many years after the war.
(d) During the gun fight.
2. Why does Oskar's mother refuse to go in a certain room of the house?
(a) There is no heat in the room.
(b) She is afraid of ghosts.
(c) The room has too many spiders.
(d) The room is used for storage.
3. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
(a) A jazz recorder.
(d) A new drum.
4. As an adult, what does Oskar do with his old drums?
(a) Numbers and stores them in the basement.
(b) Keeps them.
(c) Gives them to the needy.
(d) Throws them out.
5. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
(b) A sacrifice.
(d) A ear-piercing scream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oskar expect to receive for Christmas?
2. When Oskar's first drum breaks and his parents think he might be cut by it, what do his parents use to try to bribe him into giving up his drum?
3. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
4. Who does the seven of spades represent?
5. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)