|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, 165 lbs. | Chapter 26, Bebra's Theater at the Front.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oskar try to force a miscarriage of Maria's pregnancy?
(a) Punches her.
(b) Drops a bag of potatoes on her stomach.
(c) Poisons her.
(d) Kicks her off a ladder.
2. Oskar possesses a special gift that he uses when upset over someone taking his drum. What is this gift?
(a) The ability to manipulate his mother.
(c) The ability to have a tantrum that caused seizures.
(d) The ability to shatter glass with his scream.
3. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
(a) A ear-piercing scream.
(d) A sacrifice.
4. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
(b) Gretchen Scheffler.
(c) Mother Turczinski.
(d) Mr. Meyn.
5. In 1938, why can't Oskar's grandmother take her goods to the market?
(a) She found another job.
(b) The markets were closed.
(c) The border was closed.
(d) She could not afford it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. Who at the Polish post office is able to repair Oskar's drum?
3. In Chapter 17, who does Oskar find to assist with the search of his mother?
4. Each day, Oskar sees the school children outside. What does he feel toward these children?
5. What is the name of the beach Oskar, his mother, Jan Bronski, and Matzerath go to on Sundays?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)