|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Maria | Chapter 22, Fizz Powder.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lobasck, the director of training, has what distinguishing characteristic?
(a) A birth mark on this face.
(b) A tattoo on his arm.
(c) Hump on his back.
(d) Only one eye.
2. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
(a) It is inexpensive.
(b) There is nothing else to eat.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is ill.
3. What does Oskar expect to receive for Christmas?
(c) A new trumpet.
(d) A new drum.
4. After Hebert's funeral, what does Meyn do after becoming too drunk?
(a) Bludgeons a cat to death.
(b) Gets into a fight.
(c) Steals a car.
(d) Passes out in a park.
5. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
(a) He thinks Oskar will only rip them up.
(b) They were of a sexual nature.
(c) They cost over 6 gulden.
(d) He does not want Oskar to learn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Meyn's actions on the night of the funeral?
2. Why do the characters call Victor "poor Victor" after the war?
3. Who at the Polish post office is able to repair Oskar's drum?
4. During their conversation at the beginning of the book, where does Oskar say Bruno "derived all his inspiration"?
5. Oskar possesses a special gift that he uses when upset over someone taking his drum. What is this gift?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)