|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Maria | Chapter 22, Fizz Powder.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oskar associate his guilt with?
(a) The drum from the Post Office.
(b) His lifetime of isolation.
(c) His betrayal.
(d) His childhood.
2. Who does Matzerath hire to help in the store?
3. When Oskar's first drum breaks and his parents think he might be cut by it, what do his parents use to try to bribe him into giving up his drum?
(a) A new drum.
(b) A visit to the zoo.
(d) A teddy bear.
4. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
(a) It is inexpensive.
(b) There is nothing else to eat.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is ill.
5. What type of existence does Oskar live after his mother's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
2. A man at the circus tells Oskar he stopped growing at what age?
3. Lobasck, the director of training, has what distinguishing characteristic?
4. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
5. Why does Oskar think Victor will denounce him?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)