|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Tapered at the Foot | Chapter 14, Herbert Truczinski's Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Mr. Meyn play?
2. Why does Oskar think his mother becomes more religious?
(a) She had always enjoyed the church.
(b) A near death experience.
(c) Her association with Jan Bronski.
(d) She has feelings of guilt.
3. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. When does Oskar lose his ability to shatter glass with his voice?
(a) After a car accident.
(b) When he is 10 years old.
(c) He never loses this ability.
(d) The year before entering the mental hospital.
5. During their conversation at the beginning of the book, where does Oskar say Bruno "derived all his inspiration"?
(a) The virgin paper.
(b) From Oskar.
(c) The ceiling.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matzerath force Oskar's mother to eat?
2. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
3. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 11, Oskar reflects on his feelings about leading others to steal from the shop windows. What does he state he feels about these actions?
5. What does Oskar say was wrong with the wooden bench at the church?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)