|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Tapered at the Foot | Chapter 14, Herbert Truczinski's Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oskar possesses a special gift that he uses when upset over someone taking his drum. What is this gift?
(a) The ability to manipulate his mother.
(b) The ability to shatter glass with his scream.
(d) The ability to have a tantrum that caused seizures.
2. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
(b) Mother Truczinski.
3. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is ill.
(c) It is inexpensive.
(d) There is nothing else to eat.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
(a) Tom Thumb.
(c) The Fiddler on the Roof.
5. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What circus character does Oskar feel drawn to?
2. Why does Oskar think his mother becomes more religious?
3. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
4. What does Oskar say was wrong with the wooden bench at the church?
5. What does Oskar say he does to make it through his day?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)