|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Tapered at the Foot | Chapter 14, Herbert Truczinski's Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oskar's mother possessed with?
(a) An undefined demon.
2. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
(a) A new drum.
(b) A jazz recorder.
3. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
(a) The police catch him.
(b) He catches a disease.
(c) Anna becomes pregnant with Oskar's mother.
(d) Anna slaps him.
4. Oskar describes his room in the mental hospital. How does he describe his bed?
(a) As a goal.
(b) Soft as a cloud.
(c) Cold and hard.
(d) His demise.
5. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
(a) They were of a sexual nature.
(b) He does not want Oskar to learn.
(c) He thinks Oskar will only rip them up.
(d) They cost over 6 gulden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oskar describes his tin drum as the kind that is bought in what type of store?
2. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
3. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
4. What does Matzerath force Oskar's mother to eat?
5. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)