|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Tapered at the Foot | Chapter 14, Herbert Truczinski's Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
(b) Mother Turczinski.
(c) Gretchen Scheffler.
(d) Mr. Meyn.
2. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
(a) Potatoes and Cabbages.
(b) The cash register.
(c) The other children in the area.
(d) The toy dolls he sold.
3. Oskar describes his tin drum as the kind that is bought in what type of store?
(a) Grocery Store.
(b) Consignment Store,
(c) Music Store.
(d) Dime Store.
4. What type of existence does Oskar live after his mother's death?
5. How does Oskar say he dealt with not being about to find him?
(a) He Cried.
(b) By drumming.
(c) He talked to his mama.
(d) He just continued searching.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
2. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
3. One day Oskar is drumming down the street. Who follows him in parade-like form down the street?
4. What type of children does Oskar say are "destructive out of mischief"?
5. Why does Oskar's mother refuse to go in a certain room of the house?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)