|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Tapered at the Foot | Chapter 14, Herbert Truczinski's Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. What circus character does Oskar feel drawn to?
(a) The lion tamer.
(b) The musical clown.
(c) The trapeze artist.
(d) The dancing seals.
3. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
(d) Mother Truczinski.
4. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
(b) Mother Turczinski.
(c) Gretchen Scheffler.
(d) Mr. Meyn.
5. Oskar describes his room in the mental hospital. How does he describe his bed?
(a) As a goal.
(b) Soft as a cloud.
(c) His demise.
(d) Cold and hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
2. When Oskar's first drum breaks and his parents think he might be cut by it, what do his parents use to try to bribe him into giving up his drum?
3. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
5. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)