|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Tapered at the Foot | Chapter 14, Herbert Truczinski's Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A man at the circus tells Oskar he stopped growing at what age?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 21 years.
2. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
(a) He was a torough man.
(b) He was depressed.
(c) He was happy.
(d) He was an alcoholic.
3. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
(a) He does not want Oskar to learn.
(b) They were of a sexual nature.
(c) He thinks Oskar will only rip them up.
(d) They cost over 6 gulden.
4. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
(c) Works of art.
5. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
(b) Mother Truczinski.
Short Answer Questions
1. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
2. What instrument does Mr. Meyn play?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 11, Oskar reflects on his feelings about leading others to steal from the shop windows. What does he state he feels about these actions?
4. When is Oskar's mother born?
5. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)