|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Tapered at the Foot | Chapter 14, Herbert Truczinski's Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Oskar think he looks like?
(a) His grandmother.
(c) Baby Jesus.
(d) His Mother.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
(b) Tom Thumb.
(d) The Fiddler on the Roof.
3. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
(a) He thinks Oskar will only rip them up.
(b) They were of a sexual nature.
(c) He does not want Oskar to learn.
(d) They cost over 6 gulden.
4. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
(a) Mother Truczinski.
5. When Oskar's first drum breaks and his parents think he might be cut by it, what do his parents use to try to bribe him into giving up his drum?
(b) A teddy bear.
(c) A visit to the zoo.
(d) A new drum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of existence does Oskar live after his mother's death?
2. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
3. What circus character does Oskar feel drawn to?
4. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
5. What type of children does Oskar say are "destructive out of mischief"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)