|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Tapered at the Foot | Chapter 14, Herbert Truczinski's Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
(b) A sacrifice.
(d) A ear-piercing scream.
2. Oskar tells the story of his grandfather to Bruno. Bruno thinks Oskar's grandfather is dead and describes the death as...?
3. A man at the circus tells Oskar he stopped growing at what age?
(a) 21 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 3 years.
4. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
(a) Over 100 steps.
(b) Too many to count.
(c) Only 5 steps.
(d) About 35 steps.
5. Oskar describes his tin drum as the kind that is bought in what type of store?
(a) Grocery Store.
(b) Consignment Store,
(c) Dime Store.
(d) Music Store.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
2. What does Oskar say was wrong with the wooden bench at the church?
3. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
4. Who does Oskar think he looks like?
5. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)