|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Rostrum | Chapter 10, Shopwindows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Each day, Oskar sees the school children outside. What does he feel toward these children?
2. What does Oskar say he does to make it through his day?
(a) Read the paper.
(b) Play his drum.
(c) Talk with Bruno.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
(b) The Fiddler on the Roof.
(d) Tom Thumb.
4. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
(c) A new drum.
(d) A jazz recorder.
5. Lobasck, the director of training, has what distinguishing characteristic?
(a) A birth mark on this face.
(b) Hump on his back.
(c) Only one eye.
(d) A tattoo on his arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What circus character does Oskar feel drawn to?
2. What type of children does Oskar say are "destructive out of mischief"?
3. Oskar tells the story of his grandfather to Bruno. Bruno thinks Oskar's grandfather is dead and describes the death as...?
4. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
5. When Oskar's first drum breaks and his parents think he might be cut by it, what do his parents use to try to bribe him into giving up his drum?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)