|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Rostrum | Chapter 10, Shopwindows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
(a) He does not want Oskar to learn.
(b) He thinks Oskar will only rip them up.
(c) They cost over 6 gulden.
(d) They were of a sexual nature.
2. How does Oskar say he dealt with not being about to find him?
(a) He Cried.
(b) He talked to his mama.
(c) By drumming.
(d) He just continued searching.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
(a) He despises the person watching.
(b) He resents the person watching.
(c) His is fond of the person watching.
(d) He wishes the person watching was real.
4. Why does Oskar's mother refuse to go in a certain room of the house?
(a) She is afraid of ghosts.
(b) The room has too many spiders.
(c) The room is used for storage.
(d) There is no heat in the room.
5. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
(a) Potatoes and Cabbages.
(b) The cash register.
(c) The toy dolls he sold.
(d) The other children in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oskar describes his room in the mental hospital. How does he describe his bed?
2. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
3. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
4. Oskar possesses a special gift that he uses when upset over someone taking his drum. What is this gift?
5. When Oskar's first drum breaks and his parents think he might be cut by it, what do his parents use to try to bribe him into giving up his drum?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)