|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Rostrum | Chapter 10, Shopwindows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
(a) Over 100 steps.
(b) Only 5 steps.
(c) Too many to count.
(d) About 35 steps.
2. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
(b) A ear-piercing scream.
(c) A sacrifice.
4. Oskar tells the story of his grandfather to Bruno. Bruno thinks Oskar's grandfather is dead and describes the death as...?
5. Oskar describes his room in the mental hospital. How does he describe his bed?
(a) Soft as a cloud.
(b) As a goal.
(c) Cold and hard.
(d) His demise.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
2. One day Oskar is drumming down the street. Who follows him in parade-like form down the street?
3. Why does Oskar's mother refuse to go in a certain room of the house?
4. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
5. When Oskar's first drum breaks and his parents think he might be cut by it, what do his parents use to try to bribe him into giving up his drum?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)