|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Rostrum | Chapter 10, Shopwindows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oskar tells the story of his grandfather to Bruno. Bruno thinks Oskar's grandfather is dead and describes the death as...?
2. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
(a) Mother Turczinski.
(c) Gretchen Scheffler.
(d) Mr. Meyn.
3. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
(a) They cost over 6 gulden.
(b) They were of a sexual nature.
(c) He does not want Oskar to learn.
(d) He thinks Oskar will only rip them up.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
(a) He wishes the person watching was real.
(b) He resents the person watching.
(c) He despises the person watching.
(d) His is fond of the person watching.
5. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
(a) A jazz recorder.
(d) A new drum.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oskar say he dealt with not being about to find him?
2. One day Oskar is drumming down the street. Who follows him in parade-like form down the street?
3. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
4. What circus character does Oskar feel drawn to?
5. Each day, Oskar sees the school children outside. What does he feel toward these children?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)