|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Rostrum | Chapter 10, Shopwindows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
(a) Tom Thumb.
(c) The Fiddler on the Roof.
2. When Oskar's first drum breaks and his parents think he might be cut by it, what do his parents use to try to bribe him into giving up his drum?
(b) A teddy bear.
(c) A new drum.
(d) A visit to the zoo.
3. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
(a) He was depressed.
(b) He was an alcoholic.
(c) He was happy.
(d) He was a torough man.
4. Oskar describes his tin drum as the kind that is bought in what type of store?
(a) Grocery Store.
(b) Dime Store.
(c) Consignment Store,
(d) Music Store.
5. During their conversation at the beginning of the book, where does Oskar say Bruno "derived all his inspiration"?
(a) The virgin paper.
(b) From Oskar.
(c) The ceiling.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oskar say he dealt with not being about to find him?
2. A man at the circus tells Oskar he stopped growing at what age?
3. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
4. Lobasck, the director of training, has what distinguishing characteristic?
5. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)