|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Rostrum | Chapter 10, Shopwindows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
(a) The Fiddler on the Roof.
(b) Tom Thumb.
2. A man at the circus tells Oskar he stopped growing at what age?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 21 years.
3. During their conversation at the beginning of the book, where does Oskar say Bruno "derived all his inspiration"?
(a) The ceiling.
(b) From Oskar.
(c) The virgin paper.
(d) His mother.
4. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
(a) Over 100 steps.
(b) Too many to count.
(c) About 35 steps.
(d) Only 5 steps.
5. Oskar tells the story of his grandfather to Bruno. Bruno thinks Oskar's grandfather is dead and describes the death as...?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Oskar's mother born?
2. Oskar possesses a special gift that he uses when upset over someone taking his drum. What is this gift?
3. What type of children does Oskar say are "destructive out of mischief"?
4. Lobasck, the director of training, has what distinguishing characteristic?
5. Each day, Oskar sees the school children outside. What does he feel toward these children?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)