|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Rostrum | Chapter 10, Shopwindows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
(b) Tom Thumb.
(d) The Fiddler on the Roof.
2. A man at the circus tells Oskar he stopped growing at what age?
(a) 21 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 1 year.
3. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
(a) The other children in the area.
(b) The toy dolls he sold.
(c) Potatoes and Cabbages.
(d) The cash register.
4. Oskar describes his room in the mental hospital. How does he describe his bed?
(a) Cold and hard.
(b) As a goal.
(c) His demise.
(d) Soft as a cloud.
5. Oskar possesses a special gift that he uses when upset over someone taking his drum. What is this gift?
(a) The ability to shatter glass with his scream.
(b) The ability to have a tantrum that caused seizures.
(d) The ability to manipulate his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
2. What is the name of the beach Oskar, his mother, Jan Bronski, and Matzerath go to on Sundays?
3. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
4. During their conversation at the beginning of the book, where does Oskar say Bruno "derived all his inspiration"?
5. Oskar tells the story of his grandfather to Bruno. Bruno thinks Oskar's grandfather is dead and describes the death as...?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)