|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Rostrum | Chapter 10, Shopwindows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
(a) Potatoes and Cabbages.
(b) The other children in the area.
(c) The toy dolls he sold.
(d) The cash register.
2. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
(a) About 35 steps.
(b) Over 100 steps.
(c) Too many to count.
(d) Only 5 steps.
3. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
(a) Gretchen Scheffler.
(b) Mr. Meyn.
(c) Mother Turczinski.
4. When Oskar's first drum breaks and his parents think he might be cut by it, what do his parents use to try to bribe him into giving up his drum?
(a) A teddy bear.
(c) A new drum.
(d) A visit to the zoo.
5. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
(a) He was a torough man.
(b) He was an alcoholic.
(c) He was happy.
(d) He was depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their conversation at the beginning of the book, where does Oskar say Bruno "derived all his inspiration"?
2. What does Oskar say he does to make it through his day?
3. Lobasck, the director of training, has what distinguishing characteristic?
4. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)