|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Rostrum | Chapter 10, Shopwindows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
(b) A new drum.
(c) A jazz recorder.
2. How does Oskar say he dealt with not being about to find him?
(a) He talked to his mama.
(b) He just continued searching.
(c) He Cried.
(d) By drumming.
3. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
(a) Anna slaps him.
(b) Anna becomes pregnant with Oskar's mother.
(c) He catches a disease.
(d) The police catch him.
4. Each day, Oskar sees the school children outside. What does he feel toward these children?
5. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
(c) A ear-piercing scream.
(d) A sacrifice.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Oskar's first drum breaks and his parents think he might be cut by it, what do his parents use to try to bribe him into giving up his drum?
2. What type of children does Oskar say are "destructive out of mischief"?
3. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
4. When is Oskar's mother born?
5. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)