|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Rostrum | Chapter 10, Shopwindows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of children does Oskar say are "destructive out of mischief"?
(a) Those who play.
(b) Those in school.
(c) Those with no discipline.
(d) Those who are bored.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
(a) He resents the person watching.
(b) His is fond of the person watching.
(c) He wishes the person watching was real.
(d) He despises the person watching.
3. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
(b) Mother Turczinski.
(c) Mr. Meyn.
(d) Gretchen Scheffler.
4. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
(c) A ear-piercing scream.
(d) A sacrifice.
5. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
(a) Anna slaps him.
(b) Anna becomes pregnant with Oskar's mother.
(c) The police catch him.
(d) He catches a disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oskar possesses a special gift that he uses when upset over someone taking his drum. What is this gift?
2. When is Oskar's mother born?
3. One day Oskar is drumming down the street. Who follows him in parade-like form down the street?
4. During their conversation at the beginning of the book, where does Oskar say Bruno "derived all his inspiration"?
5. A man at the circus tells Oskar he stopped growing at what age?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)