|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Rostrum | Chapter 10, Shopwindows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oskar say he dealt with not being about to find him?
(a) He just continued searching.
(b) He Cried.
(c) He talked to his mama.
(d) By drumming.
2. Oskar possesses a special gift that he uses when upset over someone taking his drum. What is this gift?
(b) The ability to shatter glass with his scream.
(c) The ability to have a tantrum that caused seizures.
(d) The ability to manipulate his mother.
3. During their conversation at the beginning of the book, where does Oskar say Bruno "derived all his inspiration"?
(a) The virgin paper.
(b) His mother.
(c) From Oskar.
(d) The ceiling.
4. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
(a) Potatoes and Cabbages.
(b) The toy dolls he sold.
(c) The other children in the area.
(d) The cash register.
5. When is Oskar's mother born?
(a) July, 1800.
(b) July, 1920.
(c) July, 1900.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
2. When Oskar's first drum breaks and his parents think he might be cut by it, what do his parents use to try to bribe him into giving up his drum?
3. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
4. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)