|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Rostrum | Chapter 10, Shopwindows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
(a) Mr. Meyn.
(c) Gretchen Scheffler.
(d) Mother Turczinski.
2. What does Oskar think is the most remarkable thing grownups ever produced?
(b) Works of art.
3. Oskar possesses a special gift that he uses when upset over someone taking his drum. What is this gift?
(a) The ability to shatter glass with his scream.
(b) The ability to have a tantrum that caused seizures.
(c) The ability to manipulate his mother.
4. What does Oskar say he does to make it through his day?
(a) Talk with Bruno.
(b) Play his drum.
(d) Read the paper.
5. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
(a) He was happy.
(b) He was a torough man.
(c) He was an alcoholic.
(d) He was depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
2. Oskar tells the story of his grandfather to Bruno. Bruno thinks Oskar's grandfather is dead and describes the death as...?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
4. What instrument does Mr. Meyn play?
5. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)