|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Rostrum | Chapter 10, Shopwindows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Oskar's first drum breaks and his parents think he might be cut by it, what do his parents use to try to bribe him into giving up his drum?
(a) A new drum.
(b) A visit to the zoo.
(c) A teddy bear.
2. One day Oskar is drumming down the street. Who follows him in parade-like form down the street?
3. What circus character does Oskar feel drawn to?
(a) The lion tamer.
(b) The dancing seals.
(c) The trapeze artist.
(d) The musical clown.
4. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
(a) He was a torough man.
(b) He was depressed.
(c) He was happy.
(d) He was an alcoholic.
5. What does Oskar say he does to make it through his day?
(a) Talk with Bruno.
(b) Read the paper.
(c) Play his drum.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
2. Oskar possesses a special gift that he uses when upset over someone taking his drum. What is this gift?
3. Oskar describes his tin drum as the kind that is bought in what type of store?
4. Each day, Oskar sees the school children outside. What does he feel toward these children?
5. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)