|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36, Fortuna North.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matzerath do with the party pin when the Russian soldiers invade their hideout?
(a) Uses it as a weapon.
(b) Tries to swallow it.
(c) Hides it under a mattress.
(d) Shows it to the soldiers.
2. Oskar describes his tin drum as the kind that is bought in what type of store?
(a) Consignment Store,
(b) Dime Store.
(c) Grocery Store.
(d) Music Store.
3. How tall is Oskar at Matzerath's funeral?
(a) 4 feet 1 inch.
(b) 3 feet.
(c) 3 feet 3 inches.
(d) 3 feet 6 inches.
4. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
(a) Mother Turczinski.
(b) Mr. Meyn.
(c) Gretchen Scheffler.
5. What does Oskar develop because of the bouncing of the train?
(c) A hunchback.
(d) New drum beats.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
2. Why does Oskar begin to drum furiously when he is discharged from the hospital?
3. Oskar describes his room in the mental hospital. How does he describe his bed?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 17, what does Maria bring Oskar?
5. What does Oskar expect to receive for Christmas?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)