Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Rostrum | Chapter 10, Shopwindows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
(a) Gretchen Scheffler.
(c) Mr. Meyn.
(d) Mother Turczinski.
2. Oskar describes his room in the mental hospital. How does he describe his bed?
(a) As a goal.
(b) Cold and hard.
(c) Soft as a cloud.
(d) His demise.
3. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
(a) Potatoes and Cabbages.
(b) The other children in the area.
(c) The cash register.
(d) The toy dolls he sold.
4. What happens after Joseph Koljaiczak hides under Anna Bronksi's skirts?
(a) The police catch him.
(b) He catches a disease.
(c) Anna slaps him.
(d) Anna becomes pregnant with Oskar's mother.
5. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 1, Oskar, states that he is in a mental hospital and is being watched. How does he feel about the person watching him?
2. One day Oskar is drumming down the street. Who follows him in parade-like form down the street?
3. Lobasck, the director of training, has what distinguishing characteristic?
4. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
5. When Matzerath leaves the cellar door open and Oskar finds it, what does Oskar feel the cellar is demanding of him?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)