|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41, On the Fiber Rug.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maria's reply when Oskar asks her to marry him?
(a) They will always be friends.
(c) She has committed herself to another.
(d) It would a betrayal.
2. As an adult, what does Oskar do with his old drums?
(a) Numbers and stores them in the basement.
(b) Keeps them.
(c) Gives them to the needy.
(d) Throws them out.
3. How does Oskar try to force a miscarriage of Maria's pregnancy?
(a) Drops a bag of potatoes on her stomach.
(b) Punches her.
(c) Poisons her.
(d) Kicks her off a ladder.
4. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
(a) Mr. Meyn.
(c) Mother Turczinski.
(d) Gretchen Scheffler.
5. What do Oskar and Klepp put in the hall of the boarding house?
(a) Fiber runner.
(c) Their instruments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the characters call Victor "poor Victor" after the war?
2. What does Greff do on Sundays in the winter?
3. Who is Guste engaged to?
4. What does Oskar's landlord resemble?
5. Oskar tells the story of his grandfather to Bruno. Bruno thinks Oskar's grandfather is dead and describes the death as...?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)