|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Scrap Metal | Chapter 18, The Polish Post Office.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. As an adult, what does Oskar do with his old drums?
(a) Numbers and stores them in the basement.
(b) Gives them to the needy.
(c) Keeps them.
(d) Throws them out.
3. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
(a) There is nothing else to eat.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) It is inexpensive.
(d) She is ill.
4. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
(a) Gretchen Scheffler.
(b) Mother Turczinski.
(d) Mr. Meyn.
5. In Chapter 17, who does Oskar find to assist with the search of his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
2. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
3. Lobasck, the director of training, has what distinguishing characteristic?
4. What is Oskar's mother possessed with?
5. Oskar tells the story of his grandfather to Bruno. Bruno thinks Oskar's grandfather is dead and describes the death as...?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)