|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Scrap Metal | Chapter 18, The Polish Post Office.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What circus character does Oskar feel drawn to?
(a) The trapeze artist.
(b) The dancing seals.
(c) The lion tamer.
(d) The musical clown.
2. Why doesn't Greff want Oskar to play with the books?
(a) He does not want Oskar to learn.
(b) They were of a sexual nature.
(c) They cost over 6 gulden.
(d) He thinks Oskar will only rip them up.
3. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
(b) Gretchen Scheffler.
(c) Mr. Meyn.
(d) Mother Turczinski.
5. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
(a) It is inexpensive.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) There is nothing else to eat.
(d) She is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
2. What is Oskar convinced that the Germans are after?
3. What wakes Oskar up after he falls asleep in the mail room of the post office?
4. As an adult, what does Oskar do with his old drums?
5. Oskar describes his tin drum as the kind that is bought in what type of store?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)