|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Scrap Metal | Chapter 18, The Polish Post Office.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
(a) Tom Thumb.
(d) The Fiddler on the Roof.
2. Why does Oskar's mother refuse to go in a certain room of the house?
(a) She is afraid of ghosts.
(b) The room has too many spiders.
(c) The room is used for storage.
(d) There is no heat in the room.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 17, what does Maria bring Oskar?
(a) A new drum.
(b) A book.
(c) The newspaper.
4. A man at the circus tells Oskar he stopped growing at what age?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 21 years.
(d) 1 year.
5. Oskar describes his tin drum as the kind that is bought in what type of store?
(a) Dime Store.
(b) Grocery Store.
(c) Music Store.
(d) Consignment Store,
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, who does Oskar find to assist with the search of his mother?
2. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
3. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
4. What circus character does Oskar feel drawn to?
5. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)