|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Scrap Metal | Chapter 18, The Polish Post Office.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Oskar's mother refuse to go in a certain room of the house?
(a) The room has too many spiders.
(b) There is no heat in the room.
(c) The room is used for storage.
(d) She is afraid of ghosts.
2. What does Oskar's mother eat for breakfast?
3. Each day, Oskar sees the school children outside. What does he feel toward these children?
4. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
(a) It is inexpensive.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) There is nothing else to eat.
(d) She is ill.
5. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
(a) The toy dolls he sold.
(b) Potatoes and Cabbages.
(c) The cash register.
(d) The other children in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. A man at the circus tells Oskar he stopped growing at what age?
2. What is Oskar convinced that the Germans are after?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
4. Oskar describes his tin drum as the kind that is bought in what type of store?
5. What instrument does Mr. Meyn play?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)