|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Scrap Metal | Chapter 18, The Polish Post Office.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
(a) He was an alcoholic.
(b) He was depressed.
(c) He was a torough man.
(d) He was happy.
2. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
(a) The cash register.
(b) The toy dolls he sold.
(c) Potatoes and Cabbages.
(d) The other children in the area.
3. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. What does Matzerath force Oskar's mother to eat?
5. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
(d) Mother Truczinski.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who at the Polish post office is able to repair Oskar's drum?
2. How does Oskar say he dealt with not being about to find him?
3. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
4. What wakes Oskar up after he falls asleep in the mail room of the post office?
5. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)