|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Scrap Metal | Chapter 18, The Polish Post Office.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
(a) Too many to count.
(b) About 35 steps.
(c) Only 5 steps.
(d) Over 100 steps.
2. What does Matzerath force Oskar's mother to eat?
3. Lobasck, the director of training, has what distinguishing characteristic?
(a) Only one eye.
(b) A birth mark on this face.
(c) Hump on his back.
(d) A tattoo on his arm.
4. Why does Oskar's mother refuse to go in a certain room of the house?
(a) She is afraid of ghosts.
(b) The room is used for storage.
(c) There is no heat in the room.
(d) The room has too many spiders.
5. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
(a) He was a torough man.
(b) He was happy.
(c) He was depressed.
(d) He was an alcoholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 17, what does Maria bring Oskar?
2. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. How does Oskar say he dealt with not being about to find him?
4. In Chapter 17, who does Oskar find to assist with the search of his mother?
5. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)