|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Scrap Metal | Chapter 18, The Polish Post Office.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
(a) The toy dolls he sold.
(b) The cash register.
(c) The other children in the area.
(d) Potatoes and Cabbages.
2. Why does Matzerath think Oskar's mother eats only fish?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) There is nothing else to eat.
(c) It is inexpensive.
(d) She is ill.
3. In Chapter 17, who does Oskar find to assist with the search of his mother?
4. Who gets stuck in the theater seat at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. Lobasck, the director of training, has what distinguishing characteristic?
(a) A birth mark on this face.
(b) Hump on his back.
(c) A tattoo on his arm.
(d) Only one eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
2. Oskar describes his tin drum as the kind that is bought in what type of store?
3. Who at the Polish post office is able to repair Oskar's drum?
4. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
5. Oskar tells the story of his grandfather to Bruno. Bruno thinks Oskar's grandfather is dead and describes the death as...?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)