|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Scrap Metal | Chapter 18, The Polish Post Office.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Oskar's mother refuse to go in a certain room of the house?
(a) There is no heat in the room.
(b) The room is used for storage.
(c) She is afraid of ghosts.
(d) The room has too many spiders.
2. What is the name of the beach Oskar, his mother, Jan Bronski, and Matzerath go to on Sundays?
(b) Castle Park
(c) North Beach.
(d) South Beach.
3. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
(a) He was depressed.
(b) He was an alcoholic.
(c) He was a torough man.
(d) He was happy.
4. In Chapter 17, who does Oskar find to assist with the search of his mother?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
(b) Tom Thumb.
(c) The Fiddler on the Roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose companionship does Oskar seek after his mother's death?
2. What type of existence does Oskar live after his mother's death?
3. After searching for a tutor to teach him the alphabet, who finally agrees to teach Oskar?
4. Each day, Oskar sees the school children outside. What does he feel toward these children?
5. Lobasck, the director of training, has what distinguishing characteristic?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)