|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, Scrap Metal | Chapter 18, The Polish Post Office.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Oskar asks Greff to teach him the alphabet, what does Greff tell Oskar to play with instead of the books?
(a) The cash register.
(b) Potatoes and Cabbages.
(c) The other children in the area.
(d) The toy dolls he sold.
2. What is Oskar's mother possessed with?
(b) An undefined demon.
3. What wakes Oskar up after he falls asleep in the mail room of the post office?
(a) Machine gun fire.
(d) The mail carriers.
4. Oskar spends much of his time alone, drumming up and down the steps of his apartment building. How many steps does Oskar's building have?
(a) Over 100 steps.
(b) About 35 steps.
(c) Only 5 steps.
(d) Too many to count.
5. Why does Oskar say his uncle Gregor drank?
(a) He was a torough man.
(b) He was depressed.
(c) He was happy.
(d) He was an alcoholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 17, what does Maria bring Oskar?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 9, what play do Oskar and the other children see?
3. What does Matzerath force Oskar's mother to eat?
4. In Chapter 3, Oskar is in the hospital and his friends come to visit. What gift does Klepp bring him?
5. Each day, Oskar sees the school children outside. What does he feel toward these children?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)