|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39, In the Clothes Cupboard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the drumming do for Oskar?
(a) Reminds him of his youth.
(b) Makes him forget.
(c) Relieves tension.
2. In 1938, why can't Oskar's grandmother take her goods to the market?
(a) The border was closed.
(b) She found another job.
(c) She could not afford it.
(d) The markets were closed.
3. What is raised in 1938?
(a) Custom duties.
(b) Food prices.
(c) The cost of education.
(d) Gas prices.
4. While in the boarding house, what does Oskar check daily?
(a) The news.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The nurse's door.
(d) The lights.
5. After Hebert's funeral, what does Meyn do after becoming too drunk?
(a) Bludgeons a cat to death.
(b) Steals a car.
(c) Passes out in a park.
(d) Gets into a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 16, who becomes a member of the Nazi Mounted SA band?
2. What does Oskar steal from the nurse's room?
3. How does the gang redecorate their clubhouse?
4. What does Oskar insist the gang do with their weapons?
5. What is the result of Meyn's actions on the night of the funeral?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)