|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does John Young meet before his voyage to Europe?
(a) Reverend Nicholas Kreditor.
(b) An old Spanish Man.
(c) "The Agent."
(d) Hamilton de Souza.
2. Where does Tod Friendly live in the beginning of the book?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Main Street USA.
3. What does the Immigration and Naturalization Service threaten to do?
(a) Revoke John Young's medical license.
(b) Revoke John Young's citizenship.
(c) Prosecute John Young for atrocities.
(d) Charge John Young with adultery.
4. Where does Odilo Unverdorben pass through on his way south at the end of the war?
5. How many servants does Hamilton de Souza have in the villa north of Redondo?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about eating?
2. The narrator knows that his life would end when?
3. How does the narrator feel at the beginning of the book?
4. How old is John Young when he sails for Europe?
5. When does the narrator feel that he and Tod Friendly have things in common?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator experience Tod's kindness to children?
2. What condition is Europe in when Odilo Unverdorben leaves?
3. What does the narrator think about Tod Friendly's dreams and memories?
4. What is Tod's relationship with the narrator?
5. Describe the narrator's mindset at the beginning of the novel.
6. What happens when the Reverend Kreditor talks to John Young about stormy weather?
7. When is Tod Friendly/John Young happy?
8. What is the narrator's relationship with Irene?
9. What does the narrator understand about sex?
10. How does John Young/Hamilton de Souza feel about his body?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)