|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Odilo Unverdorben behave in a crowd?
(a) He is a hooligan.
(b) He is follower.
(c) He is an agitator.
(d) He is a leader.
2. How does the narrator feel about Uncle Pepi?
(a) He is appalled by his ability to create.
(b) He envies his power.
(c) He is disgusted by him.
(d) He is in awe of him.
3. What does the narrator believe happens to people after they are "created' at Auschwitz?
(a) They are killed in the sprinkle rooms.
(b) They work to make more people.
(c) They go home on the trains.
(d) They are sent off to work in the camp.
4. How does the narrator feel when Odilo Unverdorben returns to married life in the years before Auschwitz?
(a) His loyalties are split between Herta and Uncle Pepi.
(b) He feels redeemed.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He suffers terribly.
5. How does the narrator feel about Odilo Unverdorben's father?
(a) He looks forward to returning into the father's body as sperm.
(b) He is afraid that the father hates Odilo.
(c) He cannot forgive Odilo's father for killing him.
(d) He is happy about returning to a healthy, strong man.
6. Who owns Auschwitz when Odilo Unverdorben visits it with his parents?
(a) The Alsatians.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Austrians.
(d) The Polish.
7. What is Solingen known for?
(a) Jewish culture.
(b) Airplane parts factories.
(c) Surgical instruments.
8. Whose work does the narrator believe Odilo Unverdorben is doing?
(a) Uncle Pepi's.
(c) His own.
9. How do people feel about the Jews whom the narrator thinks are brought to life at Schless-Hartheim?
(a) No one wants them.
(b) They are spurned as hardened criminals.
(c) Everyone envies them.
(d) They are welcomed with celebration.
10. How does the narrator think the Jews are rejuvenated in the back of the vans his unit uses to ferry Jews?
(a) With Zyklon B pellets.
(b) With carbon monoxide gas.
(c) With machine guns.
(d) With electricity.
11. What time does the station clock read at Treblinka when Odilo Unverdorben sees it?
12. Where does the narrator think that the Waffen Secret Service gets the ashes with which to make people?
(a) From the earth.
(b) From Poland.
(c) From people's families.
(d) From the ovens at Auschwitz.
13. What is Odilo Unverdorben's mother's name?
14. What secret does the narrator know about Solingen?
(a) That it is Adolf Eichmann's birthplace.
(b) That its inhabitants will be massacred.
(c) That it will be the site of a death camp.
(d) That it will be destroyed in the war.
15. How does Odilo Unverdorben's assignment to Shless-Hartheim appear to the narrator?
(a) The narrator sees it as a promotion.
(b) The narrator wants to escape from the camps altogether.
(c) The narrator sees it as a sign that the war was ending.
(d) The narrator misses the magic of Auschwitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Odilo Unverdorben travel through Germany?
2. Where does the narrator think Odilo Unverdorben's unit ferries Jews to and from?
3. How successful does the narrator think Uncle Pepi's experiments are?
4. What does the narrator think the very thin men are doing at the camps when they tip their heads back towards the sky strangely?
5. Where are the patients stacked neatly?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)