|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Odilo Unverdorben dream about as a young child?
(a) The war.
(b) Colors and noises.
(c) His mother.
(d) The man in the white coat.
2. How does the narrator think Odilo Unverdorben's father is going to kill him?
(a) By inseminating Odilo's mother.
(b) By beating Odilo to death as an infant.
(c) By giving Odilo a fatal case of pneumonia.
(d) By casting him out in an exorcism.
3. What is Odilo Unverdorben's mother's name?
4. What does the narrator think Uncle Pepi's work is?
(a) To kill Jewish people.
(b) To purify the Aryan race.
(c) To redeem humanity.
(d) To create human beings out of electricity and fire.
5. How do people feel about the Jews whom the narrator thinks are brought to life at Schless-Hartheim?
(a) They are spurned as hardened criminals.
(b) They are welcomed with celebration.
(c) Everyone envies them.
(d) No one wants them.
6. What does the narrator believe happens to people after they are "created' at Auschwitz?
(a) They work to make more people.
(b) They are sent off to work in the camp.
(c) They go home on the trains.
(d) They are killed in the sprinkle rooms.
7. How does Odilo Unverdorben's father look, when Odilo is a young child?
(a) Wasted, as if he is not eating enough.
(b) Full of vitality and virility.
(c) Anxious and jittery.
(d) Jolly, carefree, and healthy.
8. How many Hungarian Jews are at Auschwitz when Herta visits?
9. How old is the narrator when he realizes that he would soon be born?
(a) Eighteen months old.
(b) One year old.
(c) Three years old.
(d) Two years old.
10. What is Solingen known for?
(a) Surgical instruments.
(b) Jewish culture.
(c) Airplane parts factories.
11. How old is Herta when Odilo Unverdorben meets her?
12. How does the narrator feel when Odilo Unverdorben returns to married life in the years before Auschwitz?
(a) He feels redeemed.
(b) His loyalties are split between Herta and Uncle Pepi.
(c) He suffers terribly.
(d) He is relieved.
13. What does the narrator think the showers are for at Auschwitz?
(a) To kill the prisoners.
(b) To bring the people to life.
(c) To purify the Aryan race.
(d) To calm the patients.
14. How does the narrator think Odilo Unverdorben's father would take away Odilo's pain?
(a) By kissing the place that hurt.
(b) By massaging the place that hurt.
(c) With a swat of his hand.
(d) By applying an ice pack.
15. How does the narrator compare Schless-Hartheim to Auschwitz?
(a) He thinks Schless-Hartheim was less modern.
(b) He thinks Schless-Hartheim was much dirtier.
(c) He thinks Schless-Hartheim was more impressive.
(d) He thinks Schless-Hartheim was less efficient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Herta do after Odilo Unverdorben would spend hours begging for her attention?
2. What secret does the narrator know about Solingen?
3. Where does the narrator think that the Waffen Secret Service gets the ashes with which to make people?
4. What is Odilo Unverdorben's mother's job?
5. In what condition is Auschwitz when the narrator thinks Odilo Unverdorben arrives there?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)