|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom does Odilo Unverdorben dream in the time before the war?
(a) His mother.
(b) Jewish patients.
(c) The man in the white coat.
2. What does the narrator think Uncle Pepi uses to bring dead patients back to life?
(b) Phenol injections.
3. How does Odilo Unverdorben's work affect his marriage?
(a) It gives him more to talk about with his wife.
(b) It hardens him so that he cannot respond to his wife.
(c) It gives him ideas about how he and his wife could live in the future.
(d) It makes him more sensitive to his wife's sufferings.
4. How often does Odilo Unverdorben spend time with Herta at Schless-Hartheim?
(a) She lives with him there.
(b) She hardly ever visits him there.
(c) She lives with him for a month at a time.
(d) She visits when she could.
5. What secret does the narrator know about Solingen?
(a) That it will be the site of a death camp.
(b) That it is Adolf Eichmann's birthplace.
(c) That it will be destroyed in the war.
(d) That its inhabitants will be massacred.
6. What does Odilo Unverdorben's wife think about the work Odilo is doing at the camp?
(a) She questions whether it is legal.
(b) She admires his power to create.
(c) She approves of his hard work.
(d) She loves him for his vision.
7. What do Odilo Unverdorben and Herta discuss while she is pregnant?
(a) Baby names.
(b) Running away to America.
(c) Performing experiments with the Nazis.
(d) Moving in with her parents.
8. What does the narrator think of Odilo Unverdorben in his youth?
(a) He foresees great things for him.
(b) He hates him for all the things he was about to do.
(c) He is unimpressed.
(d) He thinks he is lazy.
9. What does the narrator think when he sees the rail station at Treblinka?
(a) He thinks it is a progressive medical facility.
(b) He thinks it is a movie set.
(c) He thinks it is a fake to deceive the Polish Jews.
(d) He thinks it is a centerpiece of the Final Solution.
10. What does the narrator think Odilo Unverdorben's mother will do when Odilo returns into her body?
(a) Have an abortion.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Wish for a girl baby.
(d) Scream that he is gone.
11. What does Odilo Unverdorben see at Auschwitz when he visits with his family?
(a) Surgical instrument factories.
(b) The Holocaust Museum.
(c) Old barracks and industrial structures.
(d) Sprinkle rooms and mass graves.
12. Which answer describes Odilo Unverdorben's German at the end of his time at Auschwitz?
(a) Grammatically flawed.
(b) Moderately fluent.
(c) Surprisingly accurate.
(d) Faltering and inaccurate.
13. What does the narrator think the patients feel about being gathered at Auschwitz?
(a) Anxious for the end.
(b) Confusion about their detention.
(c) Gratitude for being created.
(d) Fear of death.
14. Who withdraws the Zyklon B pellets to give them to the pharmacist?
(a) The patients.
(b) Reverend Nicholas Kreditor.
(c) Odilo Unverdorben.
(d) Uncle Pepi.
15. Where does Herta work when Odilo Unverdorben meets her?
(a) As a nurse in the hospital in Munich.
(b) As a secretary in his school.
(c) As a nurse at Schless-Hartheim.
(d) As a milliner in Munich.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about Odilo Unverdorben's father?
2. Where does the narrator think Herta's letters come from?
3. How old is Herta when Odilo Unverdorben meets her?
4. What is the name of Odilo Unverdorben's wife?
5. Where are the patients stacked neatly?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)