|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: You Have to be Cruel to be Kind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator think that Tod Friendly finds love letters?
(a) In the old house.
(b) In the trash.
(c) In the mail box.
(d) At his job.
2. What is Tod Friendly's job?
(b) Garbage man.
(c) Police man.
(d) Tennis player.
3. How does the narrator feel at the beginning of the book?
(a) He has an ankle pain.
(b) Completely paralyzed.
(c) Strong and young.
(d) Old and full of fear.
4. Where does the narrator get his mail from?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The supermarket.
(c) The fire.
(d) The mailbox.
5. What term does the narrator coin to describe the act of eating?
(a) "Going to the restaurant."
(c) "Celebration of food."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Irene saying the first time the narrator hears her voice?
2. Where does the narrator go when he leaves the hospital?
3. How many forward gears does the narrator think Tod Friendly's car has?
4. From whom does Tod Friendly get a letter every year?
5. Why is the narrator shocked when Irene comes to the house?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)