|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: You Have to be Cruel to be Kind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator know that Tod Friendly speaks a second language?
(a) Tod tells him.
(b) Tod dreams of it sometimes.
(c) Tod reads the foreign newspapers.
(d) Tod understands when the doctors speak to him.
2. What does Tod Friendly see when he looks in the mirror?
(a) A young face full of optimism.
(b) A corpse's face.
(c) An old face full of fear.
(d) The face of a mental patient.
3. What seems to the narrator to make more sense backwards?
(a) Male/female conversations.
(b) Using the bathroom.
4. What does Tod Friendly tell Irene when she asks him about his secret?
(a) "It's none of your business."
(b) "You don't want to know."
(c) "One day I'll tell you."
(d) "I'll tell you as soon as we get married."
5. How do people speak in the narrator's experience?
(a) In languages the narrator does not understand.
(b) In code.
(c) In gibberish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about eating?
2. What term does the narrator coin to describe the act of eating?
3. How does Tod Friendly walk in the door to his house after he leaves the hospital?
4. What happens to Tod Friendly's body over time?
5. How does the narrator believe people are treated at crisis centers?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)