|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: You Have to be Cruel to be Kind.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tod Friendly see when he looks in the mirror?
(a) A corpse's face.
(b) The face of a mental patient.
(c) An old face full of fear.
(d) A young face full of optimism.
2. When does the narrator feel that he and Tod Friendly have things in common?
(a) When Tod Friendly is looking at women.
(b) When Tod Friendly is taking money from prostitutes.
(c) When Tod Friendly is talking to Irene.
(d) When Tod Friendly is dreaming about a person in a lab coat.
3. What does the old man tell Tod Friendly after the narrator sees Tod drive his car away from the fire hydrant?
(a) "I know you from somewhere."
(b) "I need a prescription for pain."
(c) "It is your turn to discard."
(d) "Your driving days are over."
4. Where does Tod Friendly work after (in the narrator's experience) he is demoted?
(a) Cafeteria duty.
(b) Garbage detail.
(c) Guard duty.
(d) Real estate.
5. What is Irene saying the first time the narrator hears her voice?
(a) She is telling Tod Friendly goodbye.
(b) She is telling Tod Friendly she loves him.
(c) She is telling Tod Friendly that she knows his true identity.
(d) She is telling Tod Friendly that she knows about his affairs with other women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tod Friendly live in the beginning of the book?
2. What day follows October 1 in the narrator's experience?
3. Where does Tod Friendly meet many of his girlfriends?
4. Which war does Tod Friendly protest?
5. What does Tod Friendly dream about repeatedly?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)