|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Multiply Zero By Zero And You Still Get Zero.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the motto of the Schless-Hartheim camp?
(a) That which does not kill you will make you stronger.
(b) There is such a thing as life that is not worthy of life.
(c) You don't want to know.
(d) Work will set you free.
2. What does Herta know about Odilo Unverdorben's work at Auschwitz?
(a) She suggested Odilo work there herself.
(b) She thinks that he is working at a children's hospital.
(c) She approves of his work and experiments.
(d) She does not know about it; Odilo keeps it secret.
3. Where does the narrator think that Tod Friendly finds love letters?
(a) In the trash.
(b) In the old house.
(c) At his job.
(d) In the mail box.
4. Where does the narrator think that the Waffen Secret Service gets the ashes with which to make people?
(a) From the earth.
(b) From Poland.
(c) From people's families.
(d) From the ovens at Auschwitz.
5. How does the narrator experience the change from Auschwitz to Schless-Hartheim?
(a) As a more humane way to treat prisoners.
(b) As progress from a big camp for the masses to a more specialized camp.
(c) As a frightful decline in "people-making" skills.
(d) As an opportunity to help people who need more help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think always happens to the attraction Tod Friendly feels for women?
2. What does the narrator think men would give Odilo Unverdorben when he stays at their farms?
3. How often does "the Agent" visit Hamilton de Souza/John Young?
4. In what condition is John Young's body when he sails for Europe?
5. When Hamilton de Souza puts together the pieces of a torn picture, who does the narrator think he recognizes in the photo?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)