Chapter 1: What Comes Around Goes Around
1. What does the narrator see upon waking at the beginning of the book?
(a) Corpses all around.
(b) His house.
(c) Main Street, USA.
(d) Doctors all around.
2. How do people speak in the narrator's experience?
(a) In gibberish.
(c) In code.
(d) In languages the narrator does not understand.
3. What does Tod Friendly see when he looks in the mirror?
(a) The face of a mental patient.
(b) A young face full of optimism.
(c) A corpse's face.
(d) An old face full of fear.
4. What does the narrator think Tod Friendly would do at the food store?
(a) Buy food with his money.
(b) Shave and shower.
(c) Buy food with coupons.
(d) Return his food and get money for it.
5. What sport does Tod Friendly take up?
6. What does the narrator think Tod Friendly does in church?
(a) Leaves a large bill in the collection plate.
(b) Gives toys and candy to children.
(c) Takes large bills from the collection plate.
(d) Reads the newspaper, ending with the large caption.
This section contains 5,213 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)