|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut imagine combines?
2. What qualifies someone to be able to celebrate more than one anniversary a year?
3. Who makes several insightful observations about the events at the party?
4. What happened to the copy of "The Sisters B-36"?
5. What does Vonnegut claim Satan is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Zoltan and Trout's relationship as adolescents.
2. What idea does Vonnegut explore about human actions?
3. What happened to people in the western hemisphere when the timequake ended and why?
4. Describe Vonnegut's perception of Satan.
5. Why does the author think humans are stupid?
6. Discuss what the author did after World War II.
7. What is the implication about free will during the timequake?
8. What is the American Academy of Arts and Letters?
9. What were the Peppers doing when the timequake struck?
10. What must people do when reading science fiction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what the reality of idealism's influence has on humanity according to the end of "Timequake."
Essay Topic 2
Explain and analyze the responsibility of free will and how that responsibility impacts one's actions and consequences to their actions?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why such mayhem and chaos results from the return of free will post timequake.
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)