|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut bemoan losing appreciation for during the timequake?
2. What was Monica working on when the timequake went into effect?
3. Where was the first atomic bomb dropped?
4. Why does Fleon commit suicide?
5. Where was the atomic bomb invented?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the implication about free will during the timequake?
2. What is Xanadu?
3. Who is Dudley Prince?
4. Discuss what the author did after World War II.
5. Describe what the Museum of the American Indian is turned into.
6. Describe Fleon Sunoco.
7. Where did the police find Trout and why?
8. What happens to Fleon Sunoco?
9. How does Vonnegut feel about his own writing?
10. What type of writing does Trout want to write?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and explain how humans begin to see evolution failing its inhabitants. What is observed in "Timequake" to bring about this idea?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why such mayhem and chaos results from the return of free will post timequake.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of cause and effect after the timequake ends.
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)