|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the human race continue to devise cleverly?
2. What happens to people's brains during life on autopilot?
3. Who does Vonnegut believe humanism is for?
4. How does Hitler die according to "Bingo Bunker Party"?
5. What type of genre is "Timequake"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Xanadu?
2. Who is Kilgore Trout?
3. Describe Zoltan and Trout's relationship as adolescents.
4. What happened to people in the western hemisphere when the timequake ended and why?
5. Why does Zoltan become excited in Chapter 19?
6. Who is Lily?
7. How does Vonnegut feel about religion?
8. Why does the author think humans are stupid?
9. What happens in "Bingo Bunker Party"?
10. Discuss the addictions Vonnegut describes.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain and describe how Vonnegut's attitude and mentality on life reflects a humanist's perspective.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how life is suspended on auto-pilot during the timequake and what are the negative effects of living life without free will.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the differences in the actions of the humans that live in the Eastern hemisphere to those who live in the Western hemisphere during the timequake.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)