|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do people find themselves when the universe stops for a decade?
2. Who wrote "A Street Car Named Desire"?
3. What does Vonnegut argue most people would like life to be like?
4. What did people not know existed until many years later?
5. Who do Vonnegut and his oldest sister mutually admire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vonnegut perceive his friend's tears?
2. What happened to people in the western hemisphere when the timequake ended and why?
3. What is the American Academy of Arts and Letters?
4. Describe what the author details in the prologue.
5. Describe Vonnegut's perception of Satan.
6. Where did the police find Trout and why?
7. How does the author feel about humanism?
8. What must people do when reading science fiction?
9. Why does Zoltan become excited in Chapter 19?
10. What type of writing does Trout want to write?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain and analyze the responsibility of free will and how that responsibility impacts one's actions and consequences to their actions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and explain how humans begin to see evolution failing its inhabitants. What is observed in "Timequake" to bring about this idea?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and explain how humans pretend to understand life but really have no idea of what life means to them individually.
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)