|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kills Zoltan when free will is reinstated?
(c) A bullet.
(d) A rogue fire truck.
2. What does Vonnegut compare his action of stripping out the bad pieces to?
(a) Filleting a fish.
(c) A sport.
3. Who is Monica's husband?
4. Where did the police find Trout?
(a) A street in New York City.
(b) In the subway.
(c) Hitch hiking.
(d) A library in New York City.
5. What was the inventor of the Soviet hydrogen bomb rewarded with?
(b) The Nobel Peace Prize.
(c) A high governmental title.
(d) A lot of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Monica working on when the timequake went into effect?
2. In what city is the American Academy of Arts and Letters located?
3. What do cars and airplanes do on auto pilot?
4. What is Eve's knowledge of lovemaking almost as good as according to Vonnegut?
5. What do the chapters with Fleon observe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a timequake?
2. Who is Dudley Prince?
3. How does Vonnegut feel about his own writing?
4. Describe why the author recalls one of his friend's tears.
5. How does the author feel about humanism?
6. What is the implication about free will during the timequake?
7. Who is Lily?
8. What idea does Vonnegut explore about human actions?
9. What does Vonnegut believe most people are interested in?
10. Who is Kilgore Trout?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)