|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Fleon acquire the brains he examines?
(a) He borrows them.
(b) He rents them.
(c) He buys them.
(d) He steals them.
2. When was the first atomic bomb dropped?
(a) August 8, 1945.
(b) August 7, 1945
(c) August 6, 1945.
(d) August 5, 1945.
3. Who shows Zolant Trout's manuscript?
4. What qualifies someone to be able to celebrate more than one anniversary a year?
(a) Having children.
(b) Many days of togetherness.
(c) Many hours of togetherness.
(d) Many moments of togetheness.
5. Who is Monica's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Vonnegut's career post World War II?
2. What does Vonnegut compare his action of stripping out the bad pieces to?
3. What is the symbolism of bingo in "Bingo Bunker Party"?
4. What was Vonnegut's granddaughter's name?
5. What kind of expressions does Vonnegut mention throughout his description of Hitler and life on autopilot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vonnegut believe most people are interested in?
2. What happened to people in the western hemisphere when the timequake ended and why?
3. Who is Monica Pepper?
4. What does the author bemoan losing appreciation for during the timequake?
5. Why does the author think humans are stupid?
6. How does Vonnegut feel about religion?
7. How does Trout disguise himself in Chapter 13?
8. Discuss what the author did after World War II.
9. What were the Peppers doing when the timequake struck?
10. Describe Fleon Sunoco.
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)