|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fleon believe about intelligent people?
(a) Their brains are fatter.
(b) They were born with extra brain power.
(c) Their brains are bigger.
(d) They have radio wires in their heads.
2. Who does Vonnegut write to during his restlessness about his writing?
(a) Another writer.
(b) A poet friend.
(c) His mom.
(d) His dad.
3. What is the response from the person Vonnegut writes to when he is restless about his writing?
(a) To go on a vacation.
(b) To take a sebatical.
(d) His prose was turned into poetry.
4. What was Trout doing when the timequake went into effect?
5. What does Vonnegut predict jock itch will become fatal with?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the first atomic bomb dropped?
2. What is Trout's disguise intended to do?
3. What does Vonnegut tell the reader he stripped of all its bad pieces in the prologue?
4. What does everyone have to do to reach normal time again?
5. Who is Kilgore Trout?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a timequake?
2. What ideas are the author's expressions a major reflection of?
3. What type of writing does Trout want to write?
4. What is Xanadu?
5. Describe Zoltan and Trout's relationship as adolescents.
6. What were the Peppers doing when the timequake struck?
7. How does Vonnegut perceive his friend's tears?
8. What happens to Fleon Sunoco?
9. What is the American Academy of Arts and Letters?
10. Where did the police find Trout and why?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)