|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Time Traveler sees the river and estuary from the point of view of the Palace of Green Porcelain, what does he think of for the first time?
(a) Shipping Lanes.
(b) Ocean creatures and sea life.
(c) Ice fishing.
(d) Pollution and water quality.
2. How does the Time Traveler describe being tackled by a group of Morlocks?
(a) Like being swallowed by a whale.
(b) Like being trapped in a viper pit.
(c) Like being caught in spider's web.
(d) Like being hunted by lions.
3. What is happening to the Time Traveler's memory in Chapter 12, when he returns home?
(a) None of the above.
(b) It is fading.
(c) It is becoming more vivid.
(d) It is generating false images.
4. Why does the Time Traveler refer to the "abominable desolation" of the far future in Chapter 11?
(a) Poisonous-looking plants.
(b) Thin air.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Monster Crabs.
5. Why did the Morlocks' plan fail?
(a) They did not understand the nature of the Time Machine.
(b) The Time Traveler had a working torch.
(c) It turned out that they were afraid of the dark.
(d) The Time Traveler had a gun to fight them.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does this description apply: "a vast dome glowing with a dull heat, and now and then suffering a momentary extinction," in Chapter 11?
2. In Chapter 11, in the even farther future, what characterizes the oceans?
3. The Time Traveler decides that the museum must be in the location of which part of London from his own time?
4. Which group of people is compared to the Carolingian kings in Chapter 7?
5. What kinds of creature does Weena find and play with in the museum?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)