|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the animals the Time Traveler finds in the farther future in Chapter 11?
(a) Butterflies and crabs.
(b) Snakes and shrimp.
(c) Mosquitoes and rabbits.
(d) Cockroaches and eels.
2. What part of the flower does the Medical Man find odd?
(a) The gynaeceum.
(b) The stem.
(c) The scent.
(d) The petals.
3. Why is it significant that the moon is starting to wane in Chapter 7?
(a) None of the above.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Because the Morlocks feed off lunar energy.
(d) Because the nights will be darker.
4. What are the objects/things that Wells describes with the word "carbuncles"?
(a) The bright red stars.
(b) The lever from his time machine.
(c) The Morlocks' eyes.
(d) Weena's eyes.
5. What does the Time Traveler plan to use to illuminate the woods?
(a) The lights on the time machine.
(b) Weena's flashlight.
(d) The Moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What objects were the Morlocks attempting to pry out of the Time Traveler's fingers while they were struggling in the dark?
2. Where does the Time Traveler intend to go once he is armed with things he found at the museum?
3. What object does the Time Traveler refer to as his "mace"?
4. What do the Morlocks plan to do with the Time Traveler?
5. To what does this description apply: "a vast dome glowing with a dull heat, and now and then suffering a momentary extinction," in Chapter 11?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)