|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, at the end of the chapter about the forest fire, is described as an "overwhelming calamity"?
(a) The destruction of the Time Machine.
(b) Weena's death.
(c) The destruction of the forest.
(d) The destruction of the Morlocks.
2. What does the Time Traveler say about "the dream of the human intellect"?
(a) That it was "annihilated by evolution."
(b) That it was "wiped out."
(c) That it was "fated to die."
(d) That it "committed suicide."
3. What does the Time Traveler find in the great hall of the museum?
(a) Old computers.
(b) Priceless antiques.
4. What, according to the Time Traveler, must be "useless" if nature is appealing to intelligence?
(a) "Intuition and ritual."
(b) "Drive and desire."
(c) "Habit and instinct."
(d) None of these.
5. Whom does the Time Traveler refer to as "cattle" multiple times in Chapter 10?
(b) Ancient humans.
(c) The Eloi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Editor smoking, if anything, in Chapter 12?
2. What kind of dinosaur does the Time Traveler mention in the museum?
3. Which character returns to the Time Traveler's laboratory the next day, after the Time Traveler returns home?
4. Why does the Time Traveler keep the camphor he finds?
5. While the Time Traveler notices that the constellations are different in the night sky as he and Weena bed down in the forest, what is the one celestial feature that is seemingly unchanged?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)