|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the characters actually operates the model of the time machine?
(a) The Medical Man.
(c) The Time Traveler.
(d) The Psychologist.
2. What does one use to operate the model?
(a) A lever.
(b) A joystick.
(c) A button.
(d) A control panel.
3. In what type of clothing is the group of figures the Time Traveler sees clad?
(a) "Tawdry togs."
(b) "Somber frocks."
(c) "Fine dresses."
(d) "Soft robes."
4. To what "zoological" specimen does the Time Traveler compare the color of the Morlocks' bodies?
5. Compared to the children the Time Traveler is used to, what does he estimate the intellectual age of the Eloi to be?
(a) About 5 years old.
(b) About 10 years old.
(c) About 7 years old.
(d) About 3 years old.
6. What do the Eloi offer the Time Traveler when he intimates that he did in fact come out of the thunderstorm?
7. What is the model of the time machine made out of?
(a) Just ivory.
(c) Iron and bronze.
(d) Ivory and a crystalline substance.
8. In Chapter 3, which of the following things is wrong with the time machine when the Time Traveler returns?
(a) Cracked ivory lever.
(b) Both of these things.
(c) Neither of these things.
(d) Shattered quartz crystal.
9. Remarking on how dirty the Time Traveler's clothes were, the Journalist wonders whether or not the future has any of what object?
(b) Dust busters.
(d) Clothes brushes.
10. What do the Eloi wear on their heads?
(c) Derby hats.
11. What "rises and falls" while the Time Traveler is observing from inside the time machine?
(b) The tide.
(c) A winged sphinx.
12. How many Eloi are in the first group the Time Traveler meets soon after he lands?
(a) Over a thousand.
(b) 8 or 10.
(c) Just 3.
(d) 80 or 100.
13. What does the Time Traveler judge his pace in the machine to be?
(a) A decade an second.
(b) A year a minute.
(c) A season an a milisecond.
(d) An hour a day.
14. Which character is described by the following: "an argumentative person with red hair"?
(a) The Provincial Mayor.
(b) The Editor.
(c) The Time Traveler.
15. What frightens the Time Traveler badly enough to make him flee the underground lair of the Morlocks?
(a) He feels things slithering over his feet.
(b) He feels them grabbing him and touching him.
(c) He smells fear.
(d) He hears screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Psychologist first say the model must have gone?
2. Why is the Time Traveler worried about stopping?
3. What is the Fourth Dimension?
4. The Time Traveler compares the Morlocks to which kind of monkey or ape?
5. What distinguishes the way the Time Traveler walks when he returns during the second dinner?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)