|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes the Time Traveler's actions just before he realizes that he cannot easily light the matches?
2. Which of the following dinner guests was at the second dinner, but NOT at the first?
(d) The Very Young Man.
3. Compared to the children the Time Traveler is used to, what does he estimate the intellectual age of the Eloi to be?
(a) About 5 years old.
(b) About 7 years old.
(c) About 3 years old.
(d) About 10 years old.
4. How have the Morlocks cared for the Time Machine?
(a) They have given it a fresh coat of paint.
(b) They have taken out the crystals.
(c) They have broken it into pieces.
(d) They have oiled and cleaned it.
5. What object does the Time Traveler refer to as his "mace"?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A length of pipe.
(c) A cudgel.
(d) A broken lever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises the Time Traveler when he goes to the White Sphinx to finally reclaim his time machine?
2. What is the air temperature in this far future?
3. The Time Traveler decides that the museum must be in the location of which part of London from his own time?
4. How was the archway into the great hall of the Eloi decorated?
5. What academic subject is based on misconceptions, according to the Time Traveler?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)