|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Time Traveler plan to use to illuminate the woods?
(a) Weena's flashlight.
(b) The Moon.
(d) The lights on the time machine.
2. To what insect does the Time Traveler compare the Morlocks repeatedly in Chapter 7?
3. The Time Traveler remarks in Chapter 4 that the first Eloi he sees has a strange absence of what instinct?
4. Where does the Time Traveler intend to go once he is armed with things he found at the museum?
(a) The Eloi's great hall.
(b) The forest.
(c) The Morlocks' wells.
(d) The White Sphinx.
5. Why does the Time Traveler presume that the Morlocks are good climbers?
(a) Because of their wells.
(b) Because they have five sets of claws.
(c) Because he saw them scale the Palace.
(d) Because they nest in the trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it significant that the moon is starting to wane in Chapter 7?
2. Remarking on how dirty the Time Traveler's clothes were, the Journalist wonders whether or not the future has any of what object?
3. Whom did the narrator meet on Friday at the Linnaeum?
4. In Chapter 10, Wells describes the Eloi's "feeble prettiness," which is compared to which characteristics of the Morlocks?
5. What characterizes the thirty or forty Morlocks on the hill, watching the fire rage toward them?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)