• At the home of the Time Traveler, dinner guests include the narrator, the Medical Man, the Psychologist, Mr. Filby, and the Very Young Man.
• After dinner, the Time Traveler and his guests discuss science and geometry. The Time Traveler says that there is a Fourth Dimension, time, that is normally overlooked.
• The Time Traveler speaks of scientists working on models and mathematics of the Fourth Dimension and mentions Professor Newcomb of the New York Mathematical Society.
• The Time Traveler tells his skeptical guests that it is possible to move through time because it is just another kind of space.
• The Time Traveler reveals that he has been working on a time machine.
• The Psychologist presses the lever; the model disappears in front of them. They do not think it is a trick.
• The Time Traveler then takes his guests to the laboratory and shows them the full-scale...
This section contains 2,167 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)