|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was absent during the celebration of Victoria's manhood?
2. The girl came from which region?
3. Thrasylubus was known by which of the following nicknames?
4. Which group does not fear God; it seeks to be God?
5. When in the pavilions of the Persians, the narrator was affected by which strong emotion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Polemides at this time? Where is he reassigned?
2. Discuss the issues faced by Polemides n Chapter XXV. Where is Polemides' destination?
3. Polemides shows a completely different side when it comes to his family. Examine Polemides' familial ties.
4. What happens after the Athenians execute their generals? What is the reaction of Sparta?
5. Examine the circumstances under which Alcibiades is named as Athens' dictator. What is Alcibiades' reaction?
6. Lysander instructs Polemides and Telamon to be present at his speech the following day. Where is the speech held? What are the contents of Lysander's message?
7. Discuss the scene between Jason and Polemides in the cell. What does Polemides show to Jason?
8. What happens when Polemides is left behind? What dangerous step does Polemides take?
9. What causes Alcibiades to become injured? How does the injury damage his reputation as a leader?
10. How does Alcibiades react to Lysander's answer? What happens during the next battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eunice is somewhat misunderstood. At first, Eunice is simply a camp wife to Polemides. Then Eunice and Polemides have a child. Discuss Eunice's demands on Polemides. What was Eunice's most frequent demand? How did things change when they moved to the family farm? Why was Eunice constantly angry with Polemides? Did Eunice really try to poison Aurore? Explain. Explain how the information given to Polemides regarding Eunice was false.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in detail Polemides' escape from jail. Who planned the escape? How did it happen? When did it take place? Who helped Polemides flee? Explain how Eunice and Nicolaus were involved in Polemides' case. How was Jason involved? Did Jason have any contact with Polemides after he fled Athens? How does Jason learn of Polemides' activities after the escape? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Polemides' family connections and how they affected his personal and professional lives. At what point(s) did Polemides risk his life for his family? What became of the following people: Phoebe, Nicolaus, Eunice, Daphne, Polemides' father, Meri, and Lion? How did the changes in these relationships affect Polemides? Explain.
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)