|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The group of retreating marines sailed on a ship that had the name of which famous Greek figure?
2. Who was the great statesman and leader at the time?
3. Jason tells the narrator that he is a ______ whelp.
4. What was another name for the Peloponnesian War?
(a) Spartan War.
(b) Intercity War.
(c) Greek War.
(d) War of Athens.
5. The tables turn when the Athenians agree to Nicias' _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nature of the argument between Polemides and Eunice?
2. Who was responsible for framing Athens for the death of a Spartan soldier?
3. How many children did Jason bury?
4. Polemides no longer cares about the morals involved with the war; he only cares about which of the following?
5. The grandfather served at all but which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Athenians after they are defeated on Epipolae?
2. Discuss the battle between Athens and Sparta. What is the relationship between Alcibiades and Lysander?
3. Discuss the interchange between Jason and Bruise.
4. What was the first step in Polemides becoming an assassin?
5. What is the basic outline of Polemides' early history?
6. What is Telamon's prediction about the war? Why does Telamon make the prediction? Is it correct?
7. Who objects to the Sicilian campaign? What authority does this person have? What actions are taken?
8. Who is Jason? How is he introduced? Why is Jason important to the story?
9. Detail the outline of events that took place on Epipolae. How does it affect the Athenians?
10. Why does Polemides get into trouble because of his moral code?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)