|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the narrator's armor weigh?
(a) 50 lbs.
(b) 75 lbs.
(c) 60 lbs.
(d) 40 lbs.
2. Where is the family home located?
(a) Byrnedale Hill.
(b) Gardener Hill.
(c) Holm Oak Hill.
(d) One Tree Hill.
3. Polemides is asked to kill _____.
(a) His child.
(d) The sick.
4. What is the name of Polemides' cousin?
5. What is the name of the narrator's dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the charges brought against Alcibiades?
2. The group of retreating marines sailed on a ship that had the name of which famous Greek figure?
3. Polemides gets into trouble when his ______ overcome his superiors' orders.
4. Alcibiades' counselors suggest that he go to which location?
5. Who wants to have Alcibiades killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the Olympic Games as they relate to Alcibiades and the story.
2. What happens to the Athenians after they are defeated on Epipolae?
3. Discuss the battle between Athens and Sparta. What is the relationship between Alcibiades and Lysander?
4. Who is the main character in the story? What happens to him?
5. Detail the outline of events that took place on Epipolae. How does it affect the Athenians?
6. What does Polemides say when he tries to explain Alcibiades' appeal?
7. What is the basic outline of Polemides' early history?
8. Discuss the state of Athens at this point in the story. Who tells the story?
9. How did the Plague affect Polemides on a personal level?
10. Who is Jason? How is he introduced? Why is Jason important to the story?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)