|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the period of disease and death, it is said that ____ reigned.
2. The old comrade offers to help which of the following men to escape?
3. How many wives did Jason have?
4. Jason tells the narrator that he is a ______ whelp.
5. Which of the following adjectives is used to describe Alcibiades' personality?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the narrator's armor weigh?
2. The man found that the city had been decimated by which disease?
3. Alcibiades has which obvious physical defect?
4. The grandfather attained the rank of sail _____ in the military.
5. How many weeks does this occur before the launch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who objects to the Sicilian campaign? What authority does this person have? What actions are taken?
2. How did Polemides become a mercenary?
3. Discuss the reason Alcibiades was called to court. What is the response of the public?
4. Why does Polemides get into trouble because of his moral code?
5. What does Gylippus do while the Athenians wait to sail? Where does Alcibiades fit into the story?
6. Jason and Polemides were not accounted prior to Polemides' trial. How did the men meet?
7. Who was Telamon? What was his relationship to Polemides?
8. What is Telamon's prediction about the war? Why does Telamon make the prediction? Is it correct?
9. How did Polemides come to work side by side with Alcibiades?
10. Who is the main character in the story? What happens to him?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)