|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alcibiades was replaced by a group of _____.
(a) Average citizens.
2. Telamon lectured on which of the following?
(a) Future plans.
3. Telamon arrived at Road's Turn bearing wine and which grain?
4. What is a "hetairai"?
(b) Stable boy.
(d) Parlor maid.
5. Which of the following was most feared by Alcibiades?
6. Who narrates in the beginning of this book?
7. The tooth of which animal was used to secure a cloak?
8. What is the name of the girl Polemides married?
9. Alcibiades was afflicted with which problem?
(c) Heart murmur.
(d) Irritable bowel syndrome.
10. It is said that seamen are not equipped for which type of warfare?
(b) Hand to hand.
11. Alcibiades writes: "Man's predicament is that he dwells at the intersection of necessity and ____."
(d) Free will.
12. Finish this phrase: "Who stubs his toe upon the ___."
(b) Skull of the enemy.
(c) Rock of Gibraltar.
13. What is it called when a crew turns against the ship's officer(s)?
14. How old was the man that referred to Alcibiades as a treasonous villain?
15. How many years did the war last?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many vessels sailed to Alcyone?
2. Which of the following was not on the list to protect Alcibiades aboard the ship?
3. The narrator talks about a large festival held in the honor of which mythical figure?
4. What type of poison did Socrates drink?
5. How many were in the group?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)