Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Book I - Against Polemides (Chapters I-V) Abstract
* The Peloponnesian War lasted for 27 years.
* The story follows the great soldier Polemides.
* Polemides killed the Athenian general Alcibiades.
* Jason is Polemides' counsel.
Book II - The Long Walls (Chapters VI-IX) Abstract
* The unnamed narrator visits Jason, his grandfather.
* Jason tells the boy stories about his life.
This section contains 1,643 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)