Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is having an affair with Vershinin, which has caused quite a scandal?
2. Who talks happily about her life with Olga in the apartment above the schoolhouse?
3. Who tells Natasha about her caller in the carriage?
4. What is Natasha wearing as she passes through the room?
5. Who tells Tusenback to go out of the house in order to give other characters some privacy?
Andrei is the brother to the three sisters of the title of this play. But while his role may not be as large, it may be more important.
Part 1: Describe the character of Andrei as he is revealed in the play.
Part 2: Do you think Andrei chose the life he created for himself or were there other reasons for him to be in the life situation he chose?
Part 3: Do you feel sorry for Andrei in this play? Why or why not?
The character of Natasha is often a catalyst for other characters in the story, or at least a focus point for criticism.
Part 1: Describe the character of Natasha.
Part 2: What do the sisters each think of Natasha? Do you feel they are well-founded in their ideas about her?
Part 3: Why do you think Natasha is so concerned about her children? What does this say about Natasha's confidence in herself and in the world?
The theme of celebration seems to be one that doesn't necessarily bring joy to the characters.
Part 1: Describe the celebrations that take place in this play.
Part 2: What causes these celebrations to be less than celebratory?
Part 3: Do you think the characters want to have celebrations and joy in their lives? Why or why not?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)