|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is having an affair with Vershinin, which has caused quite a scandal?
2. Who talks happily about her life with Olga in the apartment above the schoolhouse?
3. Who tells Natasha about her caller in the carriage?
4. What is Natasha wearing as she passes through the room?
5. Who tells Tusenback to go out of the house in order to give other characters some privacy?
Essay Topic 1
Olga is a curious sister in this play, with many unique attributes and ideas about life.
Part 1: Describe the character of Olga.
Part 2: Compare and contrast Olga to Natasha.
Part 3: Summarize the events which take place in Olga's life during the play. What do her experiences have to say about who she is and what her importance to the play is?
Essay Topic 2
Irina seems to be a sister with a lot on her mind throughout the play.
Part 1: Describe the character of Irina.
Part 2: Compare and contrast Irina to Olga
Part 3: What kind of character does Irina seem to be? Does she seem like a hopeful character? Why or why not? What does her presence seem to say about the idea of dreams?
Essay Topic 3
Masha is one of the more outspoken sisters, and in doing so, she seems to give the reader/viewer a better idea as to the relationships between the sisters.
Part 1: Describe the character of Masha.
Part 2: Compare and contrast Irina to Masha.
Part 3: What is Masha's purpose in the play? What do her actions create within the context of the play? Does she seem to be a likable character? A likable sister?
This section contains 1,753 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)