|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose Saint's Day is it when the play begins, causing her to be the central focus of the scene at first?
2. Who has resigned from the military and this is revealed to Masha by that character?
3. Who is the 'lovesick major' the sisters used to tease with that nickname?
4. What is going on during this particular time period of the scene?
(a) Saints Week
(d) Carnival Week
5. What is said to be far away, though no one knows why?
(a) The train station
(b) The post office
(c) The market
(d) The church
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do they say is going to be a professor one day because he is so smart?
2. Who carries a large cake as he comes in to visit with the sisters in their home?
3. Who does Tusenbach try to make peace with although it doesn't seem to be successful?
4. To whom does Irina comment about Masha's bad mood?
5. Who have the sisters been teasing for being in love with a girl who is engaged?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the first act of the play set?
2. What are the sisters celebrating when the play begins?
3. What is the setting and the time of the opening of Act 3, Part 1?
4. What is the story Vershinin tells to Masha?
5. What is Anfisa worried about after Olga talks to her?
6. Why does Chebutykin never marry, according to him?
7. What are some of Irina's complaints to Olga when Olga arrives in the scene?
8. What does Kulygin do when he enters at the beginning of this scene?
9. What does Chebutykin reveal to Irina in the end?
10. What is the new job Tusenbach reveals he will start soon?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)