|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who announces Vershinin's arrival into this second part of Act 1?
2. Where does Olga now work at the start of Act 2?
(a) Teacher's Council Office
(b) Canning plant
(c) Telegraph Office
(d) She doesn't
3. Where would Andrei like to be a famous lecturer if he were to have his way?
(a) The United States
(b) The Kremlin's Private College
(c) Moscow College
(d) Moscow University
4. Who says again that life will never change when they are discussing the idea of what will be in 200 years?
5. Who is suddenly embarrassed when the count of people seems to indicate there are lovers at the table?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Irina now work as revealed at the start of Act 2?
2. Who seems to have a hearing problem as evidenced by the need for other characters to repeat themselves?
3. Who does Tusenbach try to make peace with although it doesn't seem to be successful?
4. Who brings Vershinin a note during the course of the scene, alerting him to news from home?
5. Who says she comes from a family that has always despised work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Solyony's anger cause him to reveal?
2. What does Masha sarcastically comment when Natasha enters the room with a candle?
3. What happens a year ago to the day at the opening of the play?
4. What does Tusenbach explain to Irina he has to do before he comes right back?
5. When Irina says she hopes to see Fedotik and Rode again, Fedotik says they will not. Why is that?
6. What has Andrei been chosen to do by Protopopov?
7. What does Olga tell Anfisa to do in response to the news in #38?
8. What is the big news that is revealed in this scene's opening?
9. What is the new job Tusenbach reveals he will start soon?
10. What does the maid come in and tell Natasha?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)