|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Masha warn Chebutykin not to do as he has embarrassed himself in the past?
2. Who chatters about the Sunday day of rest, talking endlessly about what it should include?
3. Who makes a bad joke that is followed by an awkward silence?
4. What does Vershinin learn from the note he receives?
(a) His wife has left him
(b) His wife tried to commit suicide
(c) His daughter has run away
(d) His house burned down
5. Who rushes into the room and checks herself in the mirror, showing her obsession with herself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Chebutykin that he has one of the stew ingredients wrong?
2. Masha suggests that which character is not well in the head, which is no surprise to the others or to the reader?
3. Who whistles quietly to herself as she reads during the opening part of the play?
4. What is the gift that arrives for the sisters from the answer to #16?
5. Where exactly is the sisters' mother buried?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens, according to Tusenbach, when Solyony is around people?
2. Why is Natasha embarrassed when she sees Solyony?
3. What is the story Vershinin tells to Masha?
4. What happens a year ago to the day at the opening of the play?
5. What does Olga suggest Irina do in order to regain some happiness in her life?
6. Who are now married and have a child together?
7. What is Masha angry about in relation to her brother?
8. What is Natasha worried about in relation to Sophie?
9. What is Andrei's dream, according to him?
10. Why can't Chebutykin help Andrei with his shortness of breath?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)