|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes tearful by how old Vershinin looks?
2. Who announces they're staying to lunch when the arrival of another character occurs?
3. Who gives Irina a book detailing the history of the school where her sister teaches?
4. Who, according to Natasha, speaks very bad French?
5. Who is suddenly embarrassed when the count of people seems to indicate there are lovers at the table?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says she comes from a family that has always despised work?
2. Who seems to have a hearing problem as evidenced by the need for other characters to repeat themselves?
3. When Irina turns down the book, to whom is the book next given?
4. What is going on during this particular time period of the scene?
5. What does Andrei really want to do with his life? What is his current goal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the entire military contingent being posted?
2. What does Masha recall to be the nickname of Vershinin when they were younger?
3. Who recalls how beautiful the sisters' mother used to be?
4. What is the big news that is revealed in this scene's opening?
5. What is the setting and the time of the opening of Act 3, Part 1?
6. Who believes that life ultimately has no meaning?
7. When Irina says she hopes to see Fedotik and Rode again, Fedotik says they will not. Why is that?
8. Why doesn't Natasha want the maskers to come?
9. What happens a year ago to the day at the opening of the play?
10. What is the rumor that is bothering Irina?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)