|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes a bad joke that is followed by an awkward silence?
2. Who brings Vershinin a note during the course of the scene, alerting him to news from home?
3. Who promises to go to university with Andrei even thought it seems this might be an empty promise?
4. Natasha wonders if the mismatching clothes are some sort of __________.
5. Who is the one sister who wouldn't be able to go back to Moscow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Irina play when she is sitting by herself at the end of the scene?
2. Who is in love with Masha although it is a bit of scandal that he does?
3. Who makes the comment that all children should be cooked and eaten?
4. Who gives Irina some crayons to play with, making her feel again like she is treated like a child?
5. Who does Tusenbach feel sorry for, as he seems to change moods depending on who he is with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens a year ago to the day at the opening of the play?
2. What does Masha recall to be the nickname of Vershinin when they were younger?
3. Who are now married and have a child together?
4. What is Ferapont demanding of Andrei?
5. What is the story Vershinin tells to Masha?
6. When Tusenbach says he knows Irina does not love him, how does she respond?
7. What is Masha angry about in relation to her brother?
8. Who talks about how much he loves Irina?
9. Why is Natasha embarrassed when she sees Solyony?
10. Who believes that life ultimately has no meaning?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)