|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did the family leave Moscow to come to the provincial area where they are now settled?
(a) 5 years
(b) 2 years
(c) 11 years
(d) 7 years
2. Who rushes into the room and checks herself in the mirror, showing her obsession with herself?
3. Who gives Irina some crayons to play with, making her feel again like she is treated like a child?
4. Kulygin is glad that _________ loves him and he continues to say this throughout the play.
5. Who does not like civilians, as she reiterates from a previous discussion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has not paid any rent in months according to Masha and Irina's conversation?
2. Who promises to go to university with Andrei even thought it seems this might be an empty promise?
3. Who was born and raised in an aristocratic family?
4. Who has resigned from the military and this is revealed to Masha by that character?
5. How old is the character of Vershinin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who believes that life ultimately has no meaning?
2. What is the big news that is revealed in this scene's opening?
3. What does Masha do as she is reading, which prompts Olga to tell her to stop?
4. What is Natasha worried about in relation to Sophie?
5. What does Andrei do in the background throughout the scene?
6. What does Vershinin suggest he, Tusenbach, and Masha do?
7. What happens a year ago to the day at the opening of the play?
8. What is Masha's response to #27?
9. What does Tusenbach tell Irina to ask the servants to do?
10. Where is the final act of the play set?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)