|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the 'lovesick major' the sisters used to tease with that nickname?
2. Which one of these characters is the Chairman of the District Council?
3. Who was born and raised in an aristocratic family?
4. Who does Tusenbach try to make peace with although it doesn't seem to be successful?
5. Who is the one sister who wouldn't be able to go back to Moscow?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chatters about the Sunday day of rest, talking endlessly about what it should include?
2. Who makes a bad joke that is followed by an awkward silence?
3. Who has come to the sisters' house with a message from the council?
4. Who announces they're staying to lunch when the arrival of another character occurs?
5. What is heard as the characters are speaking during this second part of the Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Masha's response to #27?
2. Who recalls how beautiful the sisters' mother used to be?
3. What is Masha angry about in relation to her brother?
4. What is Anfisa worried about after Olga talks to her?
5. What is Ferapont demanding of Andrei?
6. Where is the sisters' mother buried?
7. Where is the entire military contingent being posted?
8. What does Olga tell Anfisa to do in response to the news in #38?
9. What does Irina do in response to the action of #13?
10. What do Irina and Olga talk about in relation to Moscow and their living situation?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)