|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who whistles quietly to herself as she reads during the opening part of the play?
2. Who has been named secretary to the council run by Protopopov?
3. Which character says that teaching gives her headaches, becoming one of the many complaints this character has?
4. Who is in love with Masha although it is a bit of scandal that he does?
5. Which of the sisters knows Italian as an additional language to Russian?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the women in the play describes herself as a little white bird?
2. Who does Masha joke is starting to look like a boy?
3. What is the last name of the three sisters who are the title characters of this play?
4. Where do Irina and Olga want to be by the fall in terms of their living situation?
5. Who pours the tea when the samovar arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens a year ago to the day at the opening of the play?
2. Why doesn't Natasha want the maskers to come?
3. What is the crude joke Solyony makes about children?
4. What is the celebration taking place at the time of this particular scene?
5. Who talks about how much he loves Irina?
6. What is the story Vershinin tells to Masha?
7. What does Kulygin do when he enters at the beginning of this scene?
8. Where is the first act of the play set?
9. What does Anfisa announce when she arrives at the beginning of Act 1, Part 2?
10. What are the sisters celebrating when the play begins?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)