|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gambles again with Andrei and causes him to lose money in the process?
2. Who does Natasha want to not stop by, fearing for her child's rest?
(b) Gambling men
(c) The other sisters
(d) The teacher
3. Who is NOT one of the three sisters who are the title characters of this play?
4. Where does Olga now work at the start of Act 2?
(a) Teacher's Council Office
(b) She doesn't
(c) Canning plant
(d) Telegraph Office
5. How many people are sitting at the table when the dinner is ready to be served?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pours the tea when the samovar arrives?
2. What does Andrei really want to do with his life? What is his current goal?
3. How long ago did the family leave Moscow to come to the provincial area where they are now settled?
4. At what age did Masha marry Kulygin, according to the play?
5. Where would Andrei like to be a famous lecturer if he were to have his way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of Irina's complaints to Olga when Olga arrives in the scene?
2. Why doesn't Natasha want the maskers to come?
3. What is the celebration taking place at the time of this particular scene?
4. What does Olga suggest Irina do in order to regain some happiness in her life?
5. What does Natasha chatter about when she comes into this scene?
6. What does Tusenback reveal to Masha?
7. What is the setting and the time of the opening of Act 3, Part 1?
8. Why is Natasha embarrassed when she sees Solyony?
9. What is the new job Tusenbach reveals he will start soon?
10. When Irina says she hopes to see Fedotik and Rode again, Fedotik says they will not. Why is that?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)