|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is upset because one of his daughters is unwell and his wife is in a very bad mood?
2. Who invites everyone to dinner within this particular scene?
3. Who is NOT one of the three sisters who are the title characters of this play?
4. To whom does Vershinin tell the story of the prisoner who did not notice the beauty of bird song until he was incarcerated?
5. At what age did Masha marry Kulygin, according to the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mentions his wife and daughters at the end of the scene?
2. What is the name of the child over whom Natasha worries excessively?
3. Who carries a large cake as he comes in to visit with the sisters in their home?
4. Who thinks it's useless to know so many languages?
5. How long ago did the family leave Moscow to come to the provincial area where they are now settled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tusenbach tell Irina to ask the servants to do?
2. Where does Olga long to be?
3. What has Andrei been chosen to do by Protopopov?
4. How has Andrei changed since being with Natasha?
5. What does Olga tell Anfisa to do in response to the news in #38?
6. What does Masha sarcastically comment when Natasha enters the room with a candle?
7. What is Andrei's dream, according to him?
8. Why did Kulygin shave off his mustache?
9. When Irina says she hopes to see Fedotik and Rode again, Fedotik says they will not. Why is that?
10. Where is the entire military contingent being posted?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)