|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems to have a hearing problem as evidenced by the need for other characters to repeat themselves?
2. To whom does Vershinin tell the story of the prisoner who did not notice the beauty of bird song until he was incarcerated?
3. Which one of these characters is the Chairman of the District Council?
4. Who is the one sister who wouldn't be able to go back to Moscow?
5. When Irina turns down the book, to whom is the book next given?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes a lot of pictures when he arrives, as he always does?
2. To whom does Irina comment about Masha's bad mood?
3. Who announces Vershinin's arrival into this second part of Act 1?
4. Who plays the piano and entertains the others as a result?
5. What is the gift that arrives for the sisters from the answer to #16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tusenbach tell Irina as he kisses her goodbye?
2. What has Andrei been chosen to do by Protopopov?
3. What do Irina and Olga talk about in relation to Moscow and their living situation?
4. When Irina says she hopes to see Fedotik and Rode again, Fedotik says they will not. Why is that?
5. Why can't Chebutykin help Andrei with his shortness of breath?
6. What does Tusenbach tell Irina to ask the servants to do?
7. What is Masha's response to #27?
8. What is Masha angry about in relation to her brother?
9. Who recalls how beautiful the sisters' mother used to be?
10. What happens a year ago to the day at the opening of the play?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)