Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who thinks it's useless to know so many languages?
2. Which sister works at the school with the answer to #37?
3. Where does Irina now work as revealed at the start of Act 2?
(a) For the church
(b) Teacher's Council Office
(c) Telegraphy Office
(d) She doesn't
4. Who does Tusenbach try to make peace with although it doesn't seem to be successful?
5. Who is the one sister who wouldn't be able to go back to Moscow?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did the family leave Moscow to come to the provincial area where they are now settled?
2. Who has resigned from the military and this is revealed to Masha by that character?
3. Which of the sisters knows Italian as an additional language to Russian?
4. Who says that while he has a German name, he is truly Russian at heart?
5. Who rushes into the room and checks herself in the mirror, showing her obsession with herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Natasha search for in this scene?
2. Why doesn't Natasha want the maskers to come?
3. What is the crude joke Solyony makes about children?
4. What does Olga suggest Irina do in order to regain some happiness in her life?
5. What is Masha angry about in relation to her brother?
6. What have Kulygin and Masha been invited to do?
7. What does Andrei do in the background throughout the scene?
8. What is Ferapont demanding of Andrei?
9. What happens, according to Tusenbach, when Solyony is around people?
10. Who seems to be going out, as indicated by their style of dress in the opening of this scene?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)