|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the child over whom Natasha worries excessively?
(a) Andrei Junior
2. Who is gaining weight according to the observations of the other characters in the play?
3. Who has come to the sisters' house with a message from the council?
4. What does Masha warn Chebutykin not to do as he has embarrassed himself in the past?
5. What does Vershinin learn from the note he receives?
(a) His wife has left him
(b) His daughter has run away
(c) His wife tried to commit suicide
(d) His house burned down
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the other characters that the maskers will be there soon?
2. What is heard as the characters are speaking during this second part of the Act 1?
3. Masha suggests that which character is not well in the head, which is no surprise to the others or to the reader?
4. Who has been named secretary to the council run by Protopopov?
5. How old is the character of Vershinin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are now married and have a child together?
2. What does Chebutykin reveal to Irina in the end?
3. What does Natasha chatter about when she comes into this scene?
4. Why did Kulygin shave off his mustache?
5. What is Anfisa worried about after Olga talks to her?
6. What is the new job Tusenbach reveals he will start soon?
7. Where is the first act of the play set?
8. When Tusenbach says he knows Irina does not love him, how does she respond?
9. What are some of Irina's complaints to Olga when Olga arrives in the scene?
10. What is Andrei's dream, according to him?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)