|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was born and raised in an aristocratic family?
2. Who whistles quietly to herself as she reads during the opening part of the play?
3. How old is the character of Vershinin?
4. Which character says he loved the sisters' mother?
5. Who is searching to ensure no servants leave candles burning?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not like civilians, as she reiterates from a previous discussion?
2. Who seems to have a hearing problem as evidenced by the need for other characters to repeat themselves?
3. Who is in love with Masha although it is a bit of scandal that he does?
4. Where does Olga now work at the start of Act 2?
5. Who tells Chebutykin that he has one of the stew ingredients wrong?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tusenback reveal to Masha?
2. What have Kulygin and Masha been invited to do?
3. What is the crude joke Solyony makes about children?
4. What is the celebration taking place at the time of this particular scene?
5. What has Andrei been chosen to do by Protopopov?
6. What is Natasha worried about in relation to Sophie?
7. What does Vershinin suggest he, Tusenbach, and Masha do?
8. What do Irina and Olga talk about in relation to Moscow and their living situation?
9. What does Solyony's anger cause him to reveal?
10. What does Tusenbach explain to Irina he has to do before he comes right back?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)