|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plays the piano and entertains the others as a result?
2. Who, according to Natasha, speaks very bad French?
3. Where does Irina now work as revealed at the start of Act 2?
(a) She doesn't
(b) Teacher's Council Office
(c) For the church
(d) Telegraphy Office
4. Who does Solyony joke about being dead, shot by him in 25 years?
5. Who has not paid any rent in months according to Masha and Irina's conversation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kulygin is glad that _________ loves him and he continues to say this throughout the play.
2. Where do Irina and Olga want to be by the fall in terms of their living situation?
3. What does Masha warn Chebutykin not to do as he has embarrassed himself in the past?
4. Who is NOT one of the three sisters who are the title characters of this play?
5. Who is searching to ensure no servants leave candles burning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the maid come in and tell Natasha?
2. Why doesn't Natasha want the maskers to come?
3. Why does Chebutykin never marry, according to him?
4. What is the subject of Vershinin's long speech?
5. What is Andrei's dream, according to him?
6. What happens, according to Tusenbach, when Solyony is around people?
7. What have Kulygin and Masha been invited to do?
8. What is Ferapont demanding of Andrei?
9. Why did Kulygin shave off his mustache?
10. Why is Natasha embarrassed when she sees Solyony?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)