|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of these characters is the Chairman of the District Council?
2. Who makes the comment that all children should be cooked and eaten?
3. To whom does Andrei propose marriage in the end of the scene, almost spontaneously?
4. At what age did Masha marry Kulygin, according to the play?
5. Whose clothes do not match, a fact which is pointed out by another character in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who always brings extravagant presents for the sisters as he feels he loves them as much as their mother did?
2. Who announces Vershinin's arrival into this second part of Act 1?
3. What does Vershinin learn from the note he receives?
4. Who is in love with Masha although it is a bit of scandal that he does?
5. Who is the new commander of the military in the town where the sisters reside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Olga tell Anfisa to do in response to the news in #38?
2. Where is the sisters' mother buried?
3. What does Tusenbach explain to Irina he has to do before he comes right back?
4. What does Masha do as she is reading, which prompts Olga to tell her to stop?
5. What has Andrei been chosen to do by Protopopov?
6. What is Natasha worried about in relation to Sophie?
7. What is the celebration taking place at the time of this particular scene?
8. What happens, according to Tusenbach, when Solyony is around people?
9. Who talks about how much he loves Irina?
10. Who recalls how beautiful the sisters' mother used to be?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)