|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Masha suggests that which character is not well in the head, which is no surprise to the others or to the reader?
2. Who carries a large cake as he comes in to visit with the sisters in their home?
3. Who has been named secretary to the council run by Protopopov?
4. What does Andrei really want to do with his life? What is his current goal?
(a) Become a pianist
(b) Leave the country
(c) Get married
(d) Translate a book into English
5. Who has come to the sisters' house with a message from the council?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the child over whom Natasha worries excessively?
2. Who does Tusenbach feel sorry for, as he seems to change moods depending on who he is with?
3. Who mentions his wife and daughters at the end of the scene?
4. Who was born and raised in an aristocratic family?
5. Who always brings extravagant presents for the sisters as he feels he loves them as much as their mother did?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the big news that is revealed in this scene's opening?
2. Why doesn't Natasha want the maskers to come?
3. What are the sisters celebrating when the play begins?
4. Who recalls how beautiful the sisters' mother used to be?
5. What does Tusenbach explain to Irina he has to do before he comes right back?
6. Why did Kulygin shave off his mustache?
7. Who are now married and have a child together?
8. What does Olga tell Anfisa to do in response to the news in #38?
9. What is the story Vershinin tells to Masha?
10. What does Masha sarcastically comment when Natasha enters the room with a candle?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)