|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pours the tea when the samovar arrives?
2. Who does Tusenbach feel sorry for, as he seems to change moods depending on who he is with?
3. To whom does Vershinin tell the story of the prisoner who did not notice the beauty of bird song until he was incarcerated?
4. Where does Irina now work as revealed at the start of Act 2?
(a) Telegraphy Office
(b) Teacher's Council Office
(c) For the church
(d) She doesn't
5. Who takes a lot of pictures when he arrives, as he always does?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says she comes from a family that has always despised work?
2. Who says again that life will never change when they are discussing the idea of what will be in 200 years?
3. Who is searching to ensure no servants leave candles burning?
4. Who does not like civilians, as she reiterates from a previous discussion?
5. Who carries a large cake as he comes in to visit with the sisters in their home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kulygin do when he enters at the beginning of this scene?
2. When Tusenbach says he knows Irina does not love him, how does she respond?
3. What do Irina and Olga talk about in relation to Moscow and their living situation?
4. What does Irina do in response to the action of #13?
5. Why doesn't Natasha want the maskers to come?
6. What happens a year ago to the day at the opening of the play?
7. What does Olga tell Anfisa to do in response to the news in #38?
8. What is the new job Tusenbach reveals he will start soon?
9. What is Andrei's dream, according to him?
10. What does Olga suggest Irina do in order to regain some happiness in her life?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)