|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites everyone to dinner within this particular scene?
2. Who was born and raised in an aristocratic family?
3. Where would Andrei like to be a famous lecturer if he were to have his way?
(a) The United States
(b) The Kremlin's Private College
(c) Moscow College
(d) Moscow University
4. Who is in love with Masha although it is a bit of scandal that he does?
5. Who promises to go to university with Andrei even thought it seems this might be an empty promise?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says again that life will never change when they are discussing the idea of what will be in 200 years?
2. How many people are sitting at the table when the dinner is ready to be served?
3. Who seems to have a hearing problem as evidenced by the need for other characters to repeat themselves?
4. To whom does Irina comment about Masha's bad mood?
5. Who suggests they imagine what like will be like in 200 years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the entire military contingent being posted?
2. What happens a year ago to the day at the opening of the play?
3. What is the story Vershinin tells to Masha?
4. What is the rumor that is bothering Irina?
5. What does Andrei do in the background throughout the scene?
6. What does Vershinin suggest he, Tusenbach, and Masha do?
7. What do Irina and Olga talk about in relation to Moscow and their living situation?
8. Why did Kulygin shave off his mustache?
9. Why doesn't Natasha want the maskers to come?
10. How has Andrei changed since being with Natasha?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)