|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Irina play when she is sitting by herself at the end of the scene?
2. Who seems to have a hearing problem as evidenced by the need for other characters to repeat themselves?
3. Where exactly is the sisters' mother buried?
(a) She's still alive
(b) The backyard
(c) The garden
4. To whom does Andrei propose marriage in the end of the scene, almost spontaneously?
5. Who announces they're staying to lunch when the arrival of another character occurs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the child over whom Natasha worries excessively?
2. How many people are sitting at the table when the dinner is ready to be served?
3. Who is the new commander of the military in the town where the sisters reside?
4. Who always brings extravagant presents for the sisters as he feels he loves them as much as their mother did?
5. Where would Andrei like to be a famous lecturer if he were to have his way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is heard as Olga calls everyone to lunch?
2. What does Tusenbach tell Irina to ask the servants to do?
3. What is the setting and the time of the opening of Act 3, Part 1?
4. What is Andrei's dream, according to him?
5. Who talks about how much he loves Irina?
6. What does Masha recall to be the nickname of Vershinin when they were younger?
7. What does Chebutykin reveal to Irina in the end?
8. What have Kulygin and Masha been invited to do?
9. What does Irina do in response to the action of #13?
10. Who seems to be going out, as indicated by their style of dress in the opening of this scene?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)