|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who whistles quietly to herself as she reads during the opening part of the play?
2. Who has come to the sisters' house with a message from the council?
3. Who died exactly a year ago to the day on this Saint's Day, according to the sisters and their memories?
(a) The sisters' father
(b) The sister's grandfather
(c) Andrei's brother
(d) The sisters' mother
4. Who is the one sister who wouldn't be able to go back to Moscow?
5. Who chatters about the Sunday day of rest, talking endlessly about what it should include?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rushes into the room and checks herself in the mirror, showing her obsession with herself?
2. Who do they say is going to be a professor one day because he is so smart?
3. Who does not like civilians, as she reiterates from a previous discussion?
4. Solyony jokes that _______ is made of cockroaches.
5. Who is gaining weight according to the observations of the other characters in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tusenbach tell Irina as he kisses her goodbye?
2. Who are now married and have a child together?
3. What is the crude joke Solyony makes about children?
4. What does Masha do as she is reading, which prompts Olga to tell her to stop?
5. What is the celebration taking place at the time of this particular scene?
6. When Irina says she hopes to see Fedotik and Rode again, Fedotik says they will not. Why is that?
7. What does Natasha chatter about when she comes into this scene?
8. Who recalls how beautiful the sisters' mother used to be?
9. What is the big news that is revealed in this scene's opening?
10. Where is the entire military contingent being posted?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)