|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes into the scene with papers for another character?
2. Who tells Natasha about her caller in the carriage?
(b) The maid
3. Who complains about how much her head aches and how much money Andrei has lost gambling?
4. Who was in love with Andrei's mother, according to the lovesick person himself?
5. Who says there should be a society created to help the victims of the disaster?
6. Whose house has burned to the ground according to the characters in the play?
7. Who drops the small china clock, shattering it?
8. Who does Vershinin ask to go out with him because he doesn't want to go home?
9. Who is being pursued by Ferapont, constantly walking away from him whenever he comes into the scene?
10. Who tells Tusenback to go out of the house in order to give other characters some privacy?
11. What does Irina say she will do before begging everyone to go to Moscow?
(a) Kick Natasha out
(b) Leave the house
(c) Marry Tusenbach
(d) Talk with Andrei
12. What are the firefighters asking for permission to do?
(a) Go through the garden
(b) Stop fighting the out of control fire
(c) Use more water than they were allotted
(d) Take a break
13. How long will it be until Vershinin's wife and daughters can follow him?
(a) 2 months
(b) They won't be.
(c) 1 week
(d) 2 weeks
14. What is the name of Natasha's other child besides Bobik?
15. Who picks a fight with Tusenbach over the love of Irina?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cries out, asking where his past has gone and where his hopes have disappeared?
2. Who is dueling Solyony for the love of Irina?
3. Who begins to weep and says she can't stand her life?
4. Who does Natasha say looks tired, which is a statement she has made before about the same character?
5. Olga says the whole town is gossiping about whom, much to her dismay?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)