|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Olga says the whole town is gossiping about whom, much to her dismay?
2. Who are Chebutykin and Andrei afraid will stop them from going out?
3. When Irina comes in, who suggests they go into the house?
4. What does Masha nickname her lover although everyone knows who he is?
(a) Her toy
(b) Her man
(c) Her affair
(d) Her secret
5. Who tells Natasha about her caller in the carriage?
(a) The maid
6. Where is the final scene set in Act 4, Part 1?
(d) Front garden
7. Who is pushing the baby carriage in the background?
8. At what time does this scene begin in the room of two of the sisters?
(a) 10:00 P.M.
(b) 2:00 A.M.
(c) 12:00 P.M.
(d) 3:00 A.M.
9. Who wonders why falling in love in books seems to be so much better than in real life?
10. How long has Tusenbach loved Irina, according to him?
(a) 5 minutes
(b) 5 years
(c) 5 months
(d) 5 weeks
11. Who begins to weep and says she can't stand her life?
12. In how many duels has Solyony already been?
13. Who is dueling Solyony for the love of Irina?
14. What does Natasha carry as she passes through the scene, causing Masha to accuse her of setting the fires?
(a) A wine glass
(b) A knife
(c) A candle
(d) A bottle of vodka
15. Who comments they forgot to say goodbye to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is said to be in love with Irina, thus hating Tusenbach?
2. Who tells Tusenback to go out of the house in order to give other characters some privacy?
3. Whose house has burned to the ground according to the characters in the play?
4. How many sections of the town have been destroyed according to reports in the scene?
5. Who does Vershinin ask to go out with him because he doesn't want to go home?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)