|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who moves into the school when she became headmistress?
2. Who comments they forgot to say goodbye to him?
3. Chebutykin says it's understandable the people love Irina since she resembles _____ so much.
(c) Her mother
4. Where is the final scene set in Act 4, Part 1?
(d) Front garden
5. Who is very drunk when he enters in this scene, which is no surprise to the others, although they do try to let him alone?
6. Who is having an affair with Protopopov, right under the nose of her spouse?
7. Who does Vershinin kiss passionately, which proves his affair?
8. Who drops the small china clock, shattering it?
9. What does Vershin want Masha to do for him in order to keep their connection to each other?
(b) Take care of his son
(c) Come with him
(d) Wait for him
10. Who comes in looking for Masha, coming in again and again to see where she is?
11. Who wonders why falling in love in books seems to be so much better than in real life?
12. What has happened in the town that causes the people to be up and trying to help out in some way?
(a) A heavy snow
(b) A major fire
(c) An earthquake
(d) A flood
13. Who does Vershinin ask to go out with him because he doesn't want to go home?
14. Who is pushing the baby carriage in the background?
15. In how many duels has Solyony already been?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is lying on the sofa as Olga and Anfisa enter?
2. Who does Natasha want to move in with Olga, for her own personal reasons?
3. What sound is heard, signaling that the soldiers are leaving?
4. Who quotes confusedly from a poem as she has earlier in the play?
5. Who has been asked to produce a benefit concert for the refugees?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)