|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does this scene begin in the room of two of the sisters?
(a) 3:00 A.M.
(b) 12:00 P.M.
(c) 2:00 A.M.
(d) 10:00 P.M.
2. Who does the answer to #122 ask to play the piano although she insists she cannot remember?
3. Whose house has burned to the ground according to the characters in the play?
4. Who tells Olga the brigade is leaving, which is then refuted to be a rumor?
5. Who are Chebutykin and Andrei afraid will stop them from going out?
6. Who comes into the scene with papers for another character?
7. Who was in love with Andrei's mother, according to the lovesick person himself?
8. Who does Irina think changes Andrei, a supposition that has upset her greatly?
9. Who cries out, asking where his past has gone and where his hopes have disappeared?
10. How long has Tusenbach loved Irina, according to him?
(a) 5 years
(b) 5 minutes
(c) 5 weeks
(d) 5 months
11. Who begins to weep and says she can't stand her life?
12. Who does Irina discover has fallen asleep when she enters in this scene?
13. Who has come to take Natasha for a ride in his carriage?
14. Whose house has been almost completely destroyed, but not completely?
15. Who does Vershinin ask to go out with him because he doesn't want to go home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Andrei ask for a key to _________ because saying he has lost his.
2. Where does Irina always dream of finding her true love, which is why she wants to return to this place?
3. Who professes his love for Masha, which he tends to do quite often?
4. Who is Irina marrying the very next day?
5. Who is said to be in love with Irina, thus hating Tusenbach?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)