|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is lying on the sofa as Olga and Anfisa enter?
2. What sound is heard, signaling that the soldiers are leaving?
(a) Marching band
3. Who says, "To Moscow! To Moscow! To Moscow!" which is not a surprising sentiment from this particular character?
4. Who does Olga suggest the answer to #132 marry in order to be happy?
5. Who talks happily about her life with Olga in the apartment above the schoolhouse?
6. Who confesses shehas never loved, which her lover already knew?
7. Who is worried that plans have been made to send her away since she seems to be pushed away during the scene?
8. Who quotes confusedly from a poem as she has earlier in the play?
9. Into whose bedroom does Natasha want to move Andrei?
(b) Her own
10. Who makes a joke as the sisters sit together, trying to help the mood?
11. Who is Irina marrying the very next day?
12. Who says that marriage is boring and something another character should not worry about trying to find?
13. Who picks a fight with Tusenbach over the love of Irina?
14. Who is called along to attend the duel to make sure it is a clean fight?
15. How long will it be until Vershinin's wife and daughters can follow him?
(a) 2 weeks
(b) 1 week
(c) 2 months
(d) They won't be.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has come to take Natasha for a ride in his carriage?
2. Chebutykin says it's understandable the people love Irina since she resembles _____ so much.
3. Who moves into the school when she became headmistress?
4. Who does Vershinin ask to go out with him because he doesn't want to go home?
5. Who are Chebutykin and Andrei afraid will stop them from going out?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)