|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says he/she will not see Irina again, which is a sad statement to Irina?
2. Who does the answer to #122 ask to play the piano although she insists she cannot remember?
3. At what time does this scene begin in the room of two of the sisters?
(a) 12:00 P.M.
(b) 10:00 P.M.
(c) 2:00 A.M.
(d) 3:00 A.M.
4. Who comes in, looking for Masha twice during the end of the scene?
5. Who says there should be a society created to help the victims of the disaster?
6. Who is being pursued by Ferapont, constantly walking away from him whenever he comes into the scene?
7. Who is lying on the sofa as Olga and Anfisa enter?
8. Who is having an affair with Vershinin, which has caused quite a scandal?
9. Who wonders why falling in love in books seems to be so much better than in real life?
10. Who was in love with Andrei's mother, according to the lovesick person himself?
11. How many sections of the town have been destroyed according to reports in the scene?
(a) All of them
12. Who does Olga suggest the answer to #132 marry in order to be happy?
13. Who talks happily about her life with Olga in the apartment above the schoolhouse?
14. Who comes in looking for Masha, coming in again and again to see where she is?
15. Who quotes confusedly from a poem as she has earlier in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Natasha about her caller in the carriage?
2. Who wants to get rid of Anfisa, calling her someone who is unnecessary since this character does all the work around the house anyway?
3. Who seems to be the only person in town happy that the soldiers are leaving, according to Tusenbach?
4. Who begins to weep and says she can't stand her life?
5. Who professes his love for Masha, which he tends to do quite often?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)