|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house has burned to the ground according to the characters in the play?
2. What is the name of Natasha's other child besides Bobik?
3. What language can the answer to #132 not remember anymore, showing her lack of connection to passion in her life?
4. Who calls out for Andrei to be quiet?
5. Who talks happily about her life with Olga in the apartment above the schoolhouse?
6. Where is the military being posted, taking them out of town and away from their families?
7. Who is dueling Solyony for the love of Irina?
8. Who says that marriage is boring and something another character should not worry about trying to find?
9. What are the firefighters asking for permission to do?
(a) Go through the garden
(b) Use more water than they were allotted
(c) Take a break
(d) Stop fighting the out of control fire
10. At what time does this scene begin in the room of two of the sisters?
(a) 3:00 A.M.
(b) 2:00 A.M.
(c) 12:00 P.M.
(d) 10:00 P.M.
11. Who says he is professing noble emotions even though he feels he is being ignored?
12. Who comes in apologizing for his behavior and talking about loving Irina?
13. What does Tusenbach ask Irina to have the servants get ready for him?
(a) His papers
14. Who is said to be in love with Irina, thus hating Tusenbach?
15. Olga says the whole town is gossiping about whom, much to her dismay?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Olga the brigade is leaving, which is then refuted to be a rumor?
2. Who is called along to attend the duel to make sure it is a clean fight?
3. Who comes into the scene with papers for another character?
4. Who was in love with Andrei's mother, according to the lovesick person himself?
5. Who quotes confusedly from a poem as she has earlier in the play?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)