|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes into the scene with papers for another character?
2. Who does Natasha say looks tired, which is a statement she has made before about the same character?
3. Who talks happily about her life with Olga in the apartment above the schoolhouse?
4. What does Irina say she will do before begging everyone to go to Moscow?
(a) Marry Tusenbach
(b) Talk with Andrei
(c) Leave the house
(d) Kick Natasha out
5. Chebutykin says it's understandable the people love Irina since she resembles _____ so much.
(d) Her mother
6. Who is having an affair with Protopopov, right under the nose of her spouse?
7. Who comes in, looking for Masha twice during the end of the scene?
8. Who says that marriage is boring and something another character should not worry about trying to find?
9. Who has forgotten all that he knows about being a doctor?
10. Who moves into the school when she became headmistress?
11. Who wants to get rid of Anfisa, calling her someone who is unnecessary since this character does all the work around the house anyway?
12. Whose house has burned to the ground according to the characters in the play?
13. What does Masha nickname her lover although everyone knows who he is?
(a) Her man
(b) Her affair
(c) Her toy
(d) Her secret
14. Who comes in looking for Masha, coming in again and again to see where she is?
15. Who makes a joke as the sisters sit together, trying to help the mood?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Irina discover has fallen asleep when she enters in this scene?
2. Who is pushing the baby carriage in the background?
3. Who cries out, asking where his past has gone and where his hopes have disappeared?
4. Who is said to be in love with Irina, thus hating Tusenbach?
5. Andrei ask for a key to _________ because saying he has lost his.
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)