|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been asked to produce a benefit concert for the refugees?
2. When Irina comes in, who suggests they go into the house?
3. Who does Natasha say looks tired, which is a statement she has made before about the same character?
4. What has happened in the town that causes the people to be up and trying to help out in some way?
(a) A heavy snow
(b) A major fire
(c) A flood
(d) An earthquake
5. Who is worried that plans have been made to send her away since she seems to be pushed away during the scene?
6. Who does Chebutykin say was just killed?
7. Who does Irina discover has fallen asleep when she enters in this scene?
8. Who tells Tusenback to go out of the house in order to give other characters some privacy?
9. Tusenbach remembers how happy Irina was on what day?
(b) Saint Day
(c) Wedding Day
(d) Name Day
10. Chebutykin says it's understandable the people love Irina since she resembles _____ so much.
(d) Her mother
11. What does Natasha carry as she passes through the scene, causing Masha to accuse her of setting the fires?
(a) A knife
(b) A candle
(c) A bottle of vodka
(d) A wine glass
12. Who says he is professing noble emotions even though he feels he is being ignored?
13. Who wants to get rid of Anfisa, calling her someone who is unnecessary since this character does all the work around the house anyway?
14. Who is said to be in love with Irina, thus hating Tusenbach?
15. Who is very drunk when he enters in this scene, which is no surprise to the others, although they do try to let him alone?
Short Answer Questions
1. Andrei ask for a key to _________ because saying he has lost his.
2. Who is Irina marrying the very next day?
3. What sound is heard, signaling that the soldiers are leaving?
4. Who complains about shortness of breath although he/she does not get an answer about the problem?
5. Who picks a fight with Tusenbach over the love of Irina?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)