1. Name the Prozoroff sisters.
Olga, Masha, and Irina are the Prozoroff sisters, and the sisters from which the title has been chosen.
2. Where is the first act of the play set?
The setting of the first act of the play is the drawing room of the Prozoroff sisters.
3. What are the sisters celebrating when the play begins?
The sisters are celebrating Irina's Saint's Day when the play begins.
4. What happens a year ago to the day at the opening of the play?
Olga recalls that their father died a year ago to the day of the opening of the play.
5. Where does Olga long to be?
Olga longs to be back in Moscow, where their family used to live 11 years ago.
6. What does Masha do as she is reading, which prompts Olga to tell her to stop?
Masha whistles as she reads and Olga quickly tells her to stop.
This section contains 1,660 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)