Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Act 1, Part 1 Abstract
* Olga, Masha and Irina are hosting a party for Irina's Saint's Day.
* Tusenbach announces their new commander Vershinin will be visiting later.
* Olga jokes about Irina lying in bed thinking too much.
* Masha says she is going to go, but that she will be back later.
* Chebutykin comes in with a large silver...
This section contains 1,431 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)