|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was in the works by August of 1862 according to the editor?
(a) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(b) Lincoln's autobiography.
(c) Lincoln's change in policy.
(d) The new Declaration of Independence.
2. Who does Lincoln congratulate in "You Were Right, and I Was Wrong"?
(a) General McClellan.
(b) General Grant.
(c) General Marshall.
(d) General Sherman.
3. How did Lincoln react to the reception of the Emancipation Proclamation according to "Breath Alone Kills No Rebels" ?
(a) With no enthusiasm.
(b) With a lot of enthusiasm.
(c) With anger.
(d) Without concern.
4. What type of political opponent did Lincoln pursue during the war according to "Indispensable to the Public Safety"?
(a) Reform opponents.
(b) Financial opponents.
(c) War opponents.
(d) Social opponents.
5. What offer did Lincoln reject in "Few Things are So Troublesome"?
(a) Trading prisoners.
(b) Trading corn.
(c) Trading cotton.
(d) Trading iron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the war about according to "Equal Privileges in the Race of Life"?
2. What was General Hooker appointed as at the time of "I Will Risk the Dictatorship"?
3. When was "The Election Was a Necessity" written?
4. What did Lincoln tell Hooker not to do in "There is No Eligible Route for Us into Richmond"?
5. What did "Questions I Reserve to Myself" foreshadow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lincoln address when he writes to General Hooker?
2. What was Lincoln convinced of in August 1864?
3. What does Lincoln make the Union synonymous with in December 1862?
4. What did Lincoln demonstrate in his letter to General Don Carlos Buell according to "We Cannot Escape History"?
5. What did Lincoln issue in September 1862?
6. What does Lincoln claim in a response to a white man?
7. What should Hooker's chief aim be according to another letter to Hooker?
8. How does Lincoln respond to Illinois Congressman Isaac Arnold?
9. What did Lincoln point out in a December 1863 address according to "Events Have Controlled Me"?
10. What did Lincoln declare in January 1863 according to "A New Birth in Freedom"?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)