|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compelled Lincoln to take the steps leading to war and the Emancipation Proclamation according to "If Slavery is Not Wrong, Nothing is Wrong"?
(a) The view most popular according to a recent survey.
(b) His personal view.
(c) The view that he thought would have him reelected.
(d) The Constitution.
2. Why was Hooker relieved of duties shortly after "Lee's Army Is Your True Objective Point"?
(a) He refused to take Richmond.
(b) He refused to use intelligence gathered by a woman.
(c) He refused to pursue Lee.
(d) He refused to stop and rest.
3. What did Lincoln say the country did not have the capacity to do in "A Full Pardon"?
(a) Treat Confederate soldiers as criminals.
(b) Treat Confederate soldiers as people.
(c) Treat Confederate soldiers as prisoners of war.
(d) Treat Confederate soldiers as loyal.
4. When was "Give Me a Tangible Nucleus" written?
(a) November 1863.
(b) October 1863.
(c) December 1863.
(d) January 1864.
5. How did Lincoln react to the reception of the Emancipation Proclamation according to "Breath Alone Kills No Rebels" ?
(a) With no enthusiasm.
(b) With a lot of enthusiasm.
(c) Without concern.
(d) With anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was excluded from the Emancipation Proclamation according to "Give Up All Footing Upon Constitution or Law"?
2. What policy did Lincoln ask congress to help with in "Gradual Emancipation is Better for All"?
3. What did Lincoln ask Sherman to do in "Go Far Towards Losing the Whole Union Cause"?
4. What does Lincoln want in "I Expect to Maintain this Contest"?
5. How was Hooker's character according to "I Will Risk the Dictatorship"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What became a contentious issue of the Reconstruction era?
2. What does Lincoln foreshadow in response to a proclamation by General David Hunter?
3. What did Lincoln point out in a December 1863 address according to "Events Have Controlled Me"?
4. What writ did Lincoln suspend?
5. What does Lincoln stress about the war to a group of soldiers?
6. What does Lincoln address when he writes to General Hooker?
7. Why are elections necessary based on an address written on November 10, 1864?
8. Why was Hooker soon relieved of his duties?
9. What was Lincoln convinced of in August 1864?
10. What words does the Gettysburg Address begin with?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)