|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer did Lincoln reject in "Few Things are So Troublesome"?
(a) Trading prisoners.
(b) Trading corn.
(c) Trading iron.
(d) Trading cotton.
2. Who did Lincoln criticize in "If We Never Try, We Shall Never Succeed"?
3. What was the Wade-Davis bill about?
(b) Forgiveness for war profiteers.
(c) War fonding.
(d) Exceptions in the Emencipation Proclamation.
4. Who was "The Heaviest Blow Yet Dealt to the Rebellion" intended for?
(a) His stepbrother..
(b) An Illinois widow.
(c) An Illinois soldier.
(d) An Illinois acquaintance.
5. Why was the general Lincoln sent "But You Must Act" to defeated?
(a) He gave Confederates a chance to take them prisoner.
(b) He was lazy and did not have a plan.
(c) He let Confederates cut off his supply line.
(d) He gave Confederates forces time to re-deploy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became the most contentious issue of the Reconstruction era according to "A Full Pardon"?
2. Who was "In This Sad World of Ours" for?
3. Who was "Constantly Denounced and Opposed" intended for?
4. Why was Lincoln at his lowest when he wrote "The Will of God Prevails"?
5. What state did Lincoln praise for abolishing slavery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lincoln write to Carl Schurz?
2. What does Lincoln claim in a response to a white man?
3. What did Lincoln attempt to persuade Congress to do?
4. What trade did Lincoln reject?
5. What writ did Lincoln suspend?
6. What did Lincoln issue in September 1862?
7. What did Lincoln pocket veto?
8. What does Lincoln foreshadow in response to a proclamation by General David Hunter?
9. What was Lincoln under increasing pressure to do by July 1864?
10. What words does the Gettysburg Address begin with?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)