|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Will Be Received and Considered" written?
(a) May 1864.
(b) August 1864.
(c) July 1864.
(d) June 1864.
2. How long did "Shall Be Thenceforth, and Forever Free" give to the Confederacy states to rejoin the Union?
(a) 90 days.
(b) 50 days.
(c) 100 days.
(d) 80 days.
3. Who was "But You Must Act" intended for?
(a) General McClellan.
(b) General McArthur.
(c) General McCook.
(d) General McCall.
4. How is "A New Birth of Freedom" better known as?
(a) The Grand Finale.
(b) The Gettysburg Address.
(c) Lincoln's First Commencement Adress.
(d) The Wellington Speech.
5. Who sent the letter prompting Lincoln to write "Not an Entirely Impartial Judge"?
(a) A pro-slavery white man.
(b) General Grant.
(c) Jefferson Davis.
(d) A Confederate minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was excluded from the Emancipation Proclamation according to "Give Up All Footing Upon Constitution or Law"?
2. What type of political opponent did Lincoln pursue during the war according to "Indispensable to the Public Safety"?
3. Who would employ the strategy Lincoln described in "Making Our Advantage an Over-match for His" in 1864?
4. What was the war about according to "Equal Privileges in the Race of Life"?
5. Why was Hooker supposed to pursue Lee's army according to "There is No Eligible Route for Us into Richmond"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Hooker soon relieved of his duties?
2. What trade did Lincoln reject?
3. What did Lincoln attempt to persuade Congress to do?
4. What was Lincoln under increasing pressure to do by July 1864?
5. What was Lincoln convinced of in August 1864?
6. What does Lincoln make the Union synonymous with in December 1862?
7. What did Lincoln demonstrate in his letter to General Don Carlos Buell according to "We Cannot Escape History"?
8. What did Lincoln declare in January 1863 according to "A New Birth in Freedom"?
9. What does Lincoln address when he writes to General Hooker?
10. What does Lincoln foreshadow in response to a proclamation by General David Hunter?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)