|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "The New Reckoning" written?
(a) December 1862.
(b) December 1863.
(c) December 1864.
(d) December 1865.
2. Why was Hooker supposed to pursue Lee's army according to "There is No Eligible Route for Us into Richmond"?
(a) To prevent Confederate troops from voting.
(b) To prevent Confereate troops from being transferred West.
(c) To prevent Confederate troops from working in cotton fields.
(d) To prevent Confederate troops from resting.
3. When was "The Election Was a Necessity" written?
(a) November 20, 1864.
(b) November 10, 1864.
(c) November 5, 1864.
(d) November 15, 1864.
4. How did Lincoln react to the reception of the Emancipation Proclamation according to "Breath Alone Kills No Rebels" ?
(a) With anger.
(b) With no enthusiasm.
(c) With a lot of enthusiasm.
(d) Without concern.
5. Who was "Constantly Denounced and Opposed" intended for?
(a) Robert Cramn.
(b) Mark Stanberg.
(c) Otto beruk.
(d) Isaac Arnold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What military objective did Lincoln remind the recipient of "I Am Not Watching You with an Evil-Eye" was vital to the war effort?
2. When was "Will Be Received and Considered" written?
3. What did Lincoln call radicals in "The Jewel of Liberty"?
4. What was excluded from the Emancipation Proclamation according to "Give Up All Footing Upon Constitution or Law"?
5. What did Lincoln tell Hooker not to do in "There is No Eligible Route for Us into Richmond"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lincoln respond to Illinois Congressman Isaac Arnold?
2. What did Lincoln pocket veto?
3. Why did Lincoln write to Carl Schurz?
4. What does Lincoln stress about the war to a group of soldiers?
5. What does Lincoln make the Union synonymous with in December 1862?
6. What does Lincoln claim in a response to a white man?
7. What writ did Lincoln suspend?
8. What does Lincoln address when he writes to General Hooker?
9. What should Hooker's chief aim be according to another letter to Hooker?
10. Why are elections necessary based on an address written on November 10, 1864?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)