|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Lincoln politically adrift in "Where I Now Stand"?
2. What would doom African American slaves according to "Public Sentiment"?
(a) The public thinking that slavery it was not a moral issue.
(b) The public thinking it was in the hands of Lincoln.
(c) The public thinking it was a financial issue.
(d) The public thinking it was in the hands of the states.
3. What is the topic of "More Painful Than Pleasant"?
(a) The imminent death of Lincoln's father.
(b) The imminent death of Lincoln's sister.
(c) The imminent death of Lincoln's brother in law.
(d) The imminent death of Lincoln's mother.
4. How many troops did Lincoln order to Fort Sumter in "To Suppress Said Combinations"?
5. What was still an unpopular stance at the time Lincoln wrote "Where I Now Stand"?
(a) Being Republican.
(b) Being pro-slavery.
(c) Being a Democrat.
(d) Being an abolitionist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was war never declared between the Union and the Confederacy?
2. What did Lincoln refuse to do according to "It is the End of Us"?
3. What did Lincoln belittle in "A Question of Interest"?
4. What did Lincoln say was one of government's most important roles in "The Legitimate Object of Government"?
5. When did Mary Todd and Lincoln reconcile?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lincoln order?
2. How does Lincoln portray himself in his last speech prior to the 1858 election?
3. What effect did Lincoln's speech in February 1860 have?
4. What has attracted historians to Abraham Lincoln according to the "Preface"?
5. What concerns did Lincoln have regarding the Maryland state legislature?
6. What does Lincoln express frustration with in regards to Henry Clay?
7. What did the South do after Lincoln's election in "The Perpetuity of Popular Government"?
8. What did Lincoln confess to Senator Lyman Trumbull?
9. What will tear the Union asunder according to Lincoln's address to the Young Men's Lyceum of Springfield?
10. Who was Grace Bedell and what did she suggest to Lincoln?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)