|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "I Shall Be Governed By Their Will" written?
2. What did Lincoln refuse to do according to "It is the End of Us"?
(a) Compromise on extortion.
(b) Compromise on finances.
(c) Compromise on slavery.
(d) Compromise on religious freedom.
3. When was "Can We Not Come Together, for the Future" written?
4. When was "A House Divided" written?
5. When was the Dred Scott case judged by the Supreme Court according to "All the Powers of Earth Seem Rapidly Combining Against Him"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lincoln rail against in "It is the End of Us"?
2. What did Lincoln urge Congress NOT to do in "The Tug Has to Come"?
3. What state did Lincoln say would make a fine state on his own in "An Evil Tree Can Not Bring Forth Good Fruit"?
4. Who could not become a citizen of the United States according to the Dred Scott ruling?
5. Who was "The Most Prompt, and Efficient Means" intended for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lincoln criticize James K. Polk?
2. What was Lincoln slow to recognize?
3. How did Lincoln hone his argument by the sixth debate in Illinois in 1858?
4. What does the autobiographical sketch of Lincoln provide based on the "Prologue"?
5. What characteristics does Lincoln consider in the ideal lawyer?
6. What will tear the Union asunder according to Lincoln's address to the Young Men's Lyceum of Springfield?
7. What does Lincoln contrast the "mud-sill" theory with?
8. What did Lincoln chastise General David Hunter for?
9. When was Lincoln unusually emotional?
10. What did Lincoln want John Fremont to modify?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)