|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI. Events Have Controlled Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Lincoln break his engagement to Mary Todd according to "The Most Miserable Man Living"?
2. What did Lincoln think of black and white interaction according to "The Social and Political Equality of the Races"?
(a) Blacks should be shipped back to Africa.
(b) Blacks should be paid for their labor.
(c) Blacks should be integrated into society.
(d) Blacks should be left alone and segregated.
3. What state did Lincoln praise for abolishing slavery?
(b) North Carolina.
4. Who did Lincoln criticize in "If We Never Try, We Shall Never Succeed"?
5. What did Lincoln belittle in "A Question of Interest"?
(a) A political opponent.
(b) A Southern slave owner.
(c) Pro-slavery positions.
(d) Emancipation proposition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Hooker supposed to pursue Lee's army according to "There is No Eligible Route for Us into Richmond"?
2. What does Lincoln want in "I Expect to Maintain this Contest"?
3. What order did John Fremont give according to "To Conform to the Act of Congress"?
4. What did Lincoln say was one of government's most important roles in "The Legitimate Object of Government"?
5. Who did Lincoln express his frustration with for not voting for the Party candidate in the presidential election?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)