|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI. Events Have Controlled Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who criticized Lincoln's handling of Fremont according to "I Cannot Assume the Reckless Position"?
(a) Jacob Quincy.
(b) Orville Browning.
(c) Caldwell Browning.
(d) John Quincy.
2. Where was Lincoln headed for according to "An Affectionate Farewell" ?
(a) New York.
3. How does Lincoln portray himself in "For, and Not Against the Union"?
(a) As a moderate.
(b) As a slave owner.
(c) As an abolitionist.
(d) As a Catholic.
4. Why wasn't "The Administration Will Not Be Re-Elected" sent by Lincoln?
(a) An intern stole it.
(b) He lost it.
(c) It was meant as a reminder.
(d) He won the general election.
5. When was "Will Be Received and Considered" written?
(a) May 1864.
(b) July 1864.
(c) June 1864.
(d) August 1864.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the works by August of 1862 according to the editor?
2. Who was "A Fair Specimen of What Has Occurred to Me Through Life" intended for?
3. What does Lincoln say of secession in"The Union is Perpetual"?
4. Who does Lincoln thank in "Not Best to Swap Horses When Crossing Streams"?
5. What did Lincoln point to as the reason for the war continuing in "The Curses of Heaven"?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)