|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI. Events Have Controlled Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lincoln say of secession in"The Union is Perpetual"?
(a) That it could be necessary, but not in this case.
(b) That no state had the right to secede.
(c) That it would be the cause of financial collapse.
(d) That it would hurt the economy.
2. What did Lincoln want African Americans to do after the war according to "The Ban is Still Upon You"?
(a) Colonize the Caribbean.
(b) Return to Africa.
(c) Go to Texas.
(d) Go west.
3. What financial advice did Lincoln give to lawyers in "Resolve to Be Honest"?
(a) Make as much money as possible.
(b) Spent one day a month doing pro bono work.
(c) Charge what the client could afford.
(d) Not to charge exorbitant fees.
4. Who made the charge Lincoln answered to in "I am Not a Member of Any Church" ?
(a) One of his constituents.
(b) A prominent Preacher.
(c) The Supreme Court.
(d) A political opponent.
5. What is the topic of "Founded on Both Injustice and Bad Policy"?
(a) Military power over the civilians.
(c) Constituional amendments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lincoln offend in "A House Divided" according to "Construed So Differently from Any Thing Intended by Me"?
2. What skills attracted historians to Lincoln?
3. When was "The Tug Has to Come" written?
4. Who did Lincoln campaign for according to "Can We Not Come Together, for the Future"?
5. What did Lincoln ask Sherman to do in "Go Far Towards Losing the Whole Union Cause"?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)