|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI. Events Have Controlled Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Mary Todd and Lincoln reconcile?
2. When was the preliminary Emancipation Proclamation issued according to "Shall Be Thenceforth, and Forever Free"?
(a) October 1862.
(b) November 1862.
(d) September 1862.
3. Who did Lincoln face in the senatorial election according to "A House Divided"?
(a) Stephen Douglas.
(b) Charles Pinckney.
(c) Arthur Hayne.
(d) John Hunter.
4. What was considered improper at the time of the writing of "The Taste is in My Mouth"?
(a) Getting on the ballot in primary elections.
(b) Actively seeking financial donations.
(c) Actively seeking the presidential nomination.
(d) Actively pursuing a seat at a convention.
5. What became the most contentious issue of the Reconstruction era according to "A Full Pardon"?
(a) The legal status of the freed slaves.
(b) The reparation payments.
(c) Who would manage the money for reconstruction.
(d) The status of women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was "In This Sad World of Ours" for?
2. What skills attracted historians to Lincoln?
3. When was "The World Has Never Had a Good Definition of Liberty" written?
4. Who was "A Fair Specimen of What Has Occurred to Me Through Life" intended for?
5. What claims did Lincoln dismiss in "Broken Eggs Cannot Be Mended"?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)