|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI. Events Have Controlled Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lincoln say of secession in"The Union is Perpetual"?
(a) That it could be necessary, but not in this case.
(b) That it would be the cause of financial collapse.
(c) That it would hurt the economy.
(d) That no state had the right to secede.
2. How is "A New Birth of Freedom" better known as?
(a) Lincoln's First Commencement Adress.
(b) The Wellington Speech.
(c) The Grand Finale.
(d) The Gettysburg Address.
3. What did "Questions I Reserve to Myself" foreshadow?
(a) Proclamation for National Fast Day.
(b) Thanksgiving Proclamation.
(c) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(d) Proclamation to Overrule the General's Emancipation.
4. What did Lincoln stress in "The Union is Perpetual"?
(a) That the north had remained silent long enough.
(b) That the Union must stay together.
(c) That the north was free of sin.
(d) That the north would not pay for the crimes of the south.
5. Who criticized Lincoln's handling of Fremont according to "I Cannot Assume the Reckless Position"?
(a) Caldwell Browning.
(b) John Quincy.
(c) Jacob Quincy.
(d) Orville Browning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lincoln express his frustration with for not voting for the Party candidate in the presidential election?
2. When was Lincoln born?
3. When was the Emancipation Proclamation published according to "Are, and Henceforth Shall Be Free"?
4. What was the worry according to "The Most Prompt, and Efficient Means"?
5. What was in the works by August of 1862 according to the editor?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)