|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through III. The Perpetuity of Popular Government.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grace Bedell suggest Lincoln should do in the letter Lincoln answer to with "A Piece of Silly Affection" ?
(a) Eat more food.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Meet her mother.
(d) Grow a beard.
2. What were the southern states doing at the time of "The Tug Has to Come"?
(a) Wrote a letter to Lincoln.
(b) Hid their money from Lincoln.
(c) Putting secession in motion.
(d) Paid their dues.
3. What did Lincoln consider the Civil War to be a test of according to "A People's Contest"?
(b) Human resolve.
(c) Republican ideals.
(d) Lincoln himself.
4. What theory does Lincoln try to disprove in "Opens the Way for All"?
(a) The value theory.
(b) The free labor theory.
(c) The theory of appropriation.
(d) The mudsill theory.
5. When was "A Moral, a Social, and a Political Wrong" written?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the sketch in the "Prologue" written?
2. Why did Lincoln write "I am Young and Unknown"?
3. What battle was "Constantly Drilled, Disciplined, and Instructed" a response for?
4. What would doom African American slaves according to "Public Sentiment"?
5. What did Lincoln belittle in "A Question of Interest"?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)