|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through III. The Perpetuity of Popular Government.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was "For a Vast Future Also" intended for?
(d) The Confederacy.
2. What was still an unpopular stance at the time Lincoln wrote "Where I Now Stand"?
(a) Being Republican.
(b) Being a Democrat.
(c) Being an abolitionist.
(d) Being pro-slavery.
3. What did Lincoln refuse to do according to "It is the End of Us"?
(a) Compromise on extortion.
(b) Compromise on finances.
(c) Compromise on slavery.
(d) Compromise on religious freedom.
4. How does Lincoln portray himself in "For, and Not Against the Union"?
(a) As a moderate.
(b) As an abolitionist.
(c) As a slave owner.
(d) As a Catholic.
5. When was "A Moral, a Social, and a Political Wrong" written?
Short Answer Questions
1. What order did John Fremont give according to "To Conform to the Act of Congress"?
2. What was considered improper at the time of the writing of "The Taste is in My Mouth"?
3. What was Lincoln not comfortable with according to the editor?
4. When was "I Shall Be Governed By Their Will" written?
5. What charges was "Blowing Out the Moral Lights Around Us" a response to?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)