|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through III. The Perpetuity of Popular Government.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What battle was "Constantly Drilled, Disciplined, and Instructed" a response for?
(a) Battle of Rich Mountain.
(b) Battle of Bull Run.
(c) Battle of Wilson's Creek.
(d) Battle of Dry Wood Creek.
2. Who was "An Affectionate Farewell" intended for?
(a) His family.
(b) Mary Todd.
(c) His Illinois constituents.
(d) His close friend
3. What was Lincoln seeking in "I am Not the First Choice of Many"?
(a) A financial backer.
(b) A seat at a convention.
(c) The Republican nomination for presidential election.
(d) A ballot in the primary elections.
4. What did Lincoln say was one of government's most important roles in "The Legitimate Object of Government"?
(a) Raise taxes.
(b) Support the economy.
(c) Address crimes and wrongdoing.
(d) Wedge war.
5. What was considered improper at the time of the writing of "The Taste is in My Mouth"?
(a) Getting on the ballot in primary elections.
(b) Actively seeking the presidential nomination.
(c) Actively seeking financial donations.
(d) Actively pursuing a seat at a convention.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who could not become a citizen of the United States according to the Dred Scott ruling?
2. What was "The Union is Perpetual" written for?
3. What was Lincoln not comfortable with according to the editor?
4. What state did Lincoln say would make a fine state on his own in "An Evil Tree Can Not Bring Forth Good Fruit"?
5. What did Lincoln want to wait for before deciding to take action according to "The Most Prompt, and Efficient Means"?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)