|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through III. The Perpetuity of Popular Government.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lincoln portray Republicans concerning slavery?
(a) As the most intelligent.
(b) As progressive.
(c) As the right choice for business.
(d) As conservative.
2. What did Lincoln profess was needed to maintain America's political institutions?
(a) Desire for expansion.
(c) Will power.
(d) Restraint and self control.
3. When was Lincoln elected in the state legislature according to "I Shall Be Governed By Their Will"?
4. Who criticized Lincoln's handling of Fremont according to "I Cannot Assume the Reckless Position"?
(a) John Quincy.
(b) Jacob Quincy.
(c) Caldwell Browning.
(d) Orville Browning.
5. What did Lincoln refuse to do according to "It is the End of Us"?
(a) Compromise on slavery.
(b) Compromise on extortion.
(c) Compromise on finances.
(d) Compromise on religious freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skills attracted historians to Lincoln?
2. When was the Dred Scott case judged by the Supreme Court according to "All the Powers of Earth Seem Rapidly Combining Against Him"?
3. What does Lincoln tell Senator Lyman Trumbull in "The Taste is in My Mouth"?
4. When was "I am Young and Unknown" written?
5. What did Lincoln say was one of government's most important roles in "The Legitimate Object of Government"?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)