|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through III. The Perpetuity of Popular Government.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lincoln want to wait for before deciding to take action according to "The Most Prompt, and Efficient Means"?
(a) A vote on secession by the North Carolina state legislature.
(b) A vote on secession by the Maryland state legislature.
(c) A vote on secession by the Illinois state legislature.
(d) A vote on secession by the Kentucky state legislature.
2. When was "Right Makes Might" written?
3. What is the topic of "More Painful Than Pleasant"?
(a) The imminent death of Lincoln's brother in law.
(b) The imminent death of Lincoln's father.
(c) The imminent death of Lincoln's mother.
(d) The imminent death of Lincoln's sister.
4. When was Lincoln first elected to Congress?
5. Who did Lincoln offend in "A House Divided" according to "Construed So Differently from Any Thing Intended by Me"?
(b) Southern States.
(d) Southern plantation owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was considered improper at the time of the writing of "The Taste is in My Mouth"?
2. What did Lincoln consider the Civil War to be a test of according to "A People's Contest"?
3. What kind of education did Lincoln mostly rely on according to the "Preface"?
4. What did Lincoln see as advantageous when writing "I Accept the Nomination"?
5. When was "Can We Not Come Together, for the Future" written?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)