|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through III. The Perpetuity of Popular Government.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lincoln urge Congress NOT to do in "The Tug Has to Come"?
(a) Give the south the chance to gather forces.
(b) Give the south an extension on their taxes.
(c) Give the south any extension of slavery.
(d) Give the south financial support.
2. When was the Dred Scott case judged by the Supreme Court according to "All the Powers of Earth Seem Rapidly Combining Against Him"?
3. What did the Whigs support according to "Bow to It I Never Will"?
(a) Small banks.
(b) A strong national bank.
(d) Trade with England.
4. What is the topic of "Founded on Both Injustice and Bad Policy"?
(a) Constituional amendments.
(d) Military power over the civilians.
5. Who could not become a citizen of the United States according to the Dred Scott ruling?
(b) People born outside the United States.
(c) African Americans.
(d) Native Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What charge did Lincoln answer to in "I am Not a Member of Any Church" ?
2. What did Lincoln profess was needed to maintain America's political institutions?
3. Who was "For a Vast Future Also" intended for?
4. What did Lincoln want to wait for before deciding to take action according to "The Most Prompt, and Efficient Means"?
5. Who was the United States threatened by according to "Cold, Calculating, Unimpassioned Reason"?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)