|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface, Prologue, and I. Peculiar Ambition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was "More Painful Than Pleasant" intended for?
(a) Lincoln's sister.
(b) Lincoln's father.
(c) Lincoln's mother.
(d) Lincoln's step-brother.
2. What is the topic of "Founded on Both Injustice and Bad Policy"?
(a) Constituional amendments.
(c) Military power over the civilians.
3. Why did Lincoln vote for Polk's military spending bills?
(a) He was pro-war.
(b) He did not want to endanger the troops.
(c) His district was pro-war.
(d) He felt it would give me political gain.
4. What is the most important characteristic of the ideal lawyer according to "Resolve to Be Honest"?
(b) Rhetoric skills.
5. When was Lincoln elected in the state legislature according to "I Shall Be Governed By Their Will"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What state did Lincoln say would make a fine state on his own in "An Evil Tree Can Not Bring Forth Good Fruit"?
2. What kind of education did Lincoln mostly rely on according to the "Preface"?
3. What did the Whigs support according to "Bow to It I Never Will"?
4. When did Lincoln break his engagement to Mary Todd according to "The Most Miserable Man Living"?
5. What charge did Lincoln answer to in "I am Not a Member of Any Church" ?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)