|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface, Prologue, and I. Peculiar Ambition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was "More Painful Than Pleasant" intended for?
(a) Lincoln's step-brother.
(b) Lincoln's sister.
(c) Lincoln's father.
(d) Lincoln's mother.
2. Who was the United States threatened by according to "Cold, Calculating, Unimpassioned Reason"?
(a) By forces within.
(b) By Canada.
(c) By slaves.
(d) By Mexico.
3. When was "I am Young and Unknown" written?
4. When was the sketch in the "Prologue" written?
5. When was "Founded on Both Injustice and Bad Policy" written?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Lincoln elected in the state legislature according to "I Shall Be Governed By Their Will"?
2. What did the Whigs support according to "Bow to It I Never Will"?
3. What did Lincoln profess was needed to maintain America's political institutions?
4. What kind of education did Lincoln mostly rely on according to the "Preface"?
5. Who did Lincoln express his frustration with for not voting for the Party candidate in the presidential election?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)