|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface, Prologue, and I. Peculiar Ambition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of education did Lincoln mostly rely on according to the "Preface"?
(a) Some college.
(b) Self education.
(c) Post graduate studies.
(d) High school.
2. Why did Lincoln vote for Polk's military spending bills?
(a) He did not want to endanger the troops.
(b) He was pro-war.
(c) He felt it would give me political gain.
(d) His district was pro-war.
3. When did Lincoln break his engagement to Mary Todd according to "The Most Miserable Man Living"?
4. What was Lincoln not comfortable with according to the editor?
(a) Talking in public.
(b) Writing letters.
(c) Talking to constituents.
(d) Expressing personal feelings.
5. What did the Whigs support according to "Bow to It I Never Will"?
(a) Trade with England.
(b) A strong national bank.
(d) Small banks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most important characteristic of the ideal lawyer according to "Resolve to Be Honest"?
2. When was "Founded on Both Injustice and Bad Policy" written?
3. Why did Lincoln write "I am Young and Unknown"?
4. When did Mary Todd and Lincoln reconcile?
5. Who did Lincoln belittle in "Bow to It I Never Will"?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)