|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface, Prologue, and I. Peculiar Ambition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was "More Painful Than Pleasant" intended for?
(a) Lincoln's step-brother.
(b) Lincoln's mother.
(c) Lincoln's sister.
(d) Lincoln's father.
2. What did the Whigs support according to "Bow to It I Never Will"?
(a) Small banks.
(c) A strong national bank.
(d) Trade with England.
3. What is the topic of "Founded on Both Injustice and Bad Policy"?
(b) Military power over the civilians.
(c) Constituional amendments.
4. When did Mary Todd and Lincoln reconcile?
5. When was "Founded on Both Injustice and Bad Policy" written?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lincoln express his frustration with for not voting for the Party candidate in the presidential election?
2. When was Lincoln born?
3. Who was the United States threatened by according to "Cold, Calculating, Unimpassioned Reason"?
4. What is the topic of "More Painful Than Pleasant"?
5. Why did Lincoln write "I am Young and Unknown"?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)