|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface, Prologue, and I. Peculiar Ambition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lincoln vote for Polk's military spending bills?
(a) He did not want to endanger the troops.
(b) He was pro-war.
(c) His district was pro-war.
(d) He felt it would give me political gain.
2. What is the topic of "Founded on Both Injustice and Bad Policy"?
(c) Military power over the civilians.
(d) Constituional amendments.
3. What did the Whigs support according to "Bow to It I Never Will"?
(a) Trade with England.
(c) Small banks.
(d) A strong national bank.
4. At what age did Lincoln stop working on the family farm?
5. When was Lincoln born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of "More Painful Than Pleasant"?
2. When was "Founded on Both Injustice and Bad Policy" written?
3. When was Lincoln first elected to Congress?
4. Why did Lincoln write "I am Young and Unknown"?
5. What skills attracted historians to Lincoln?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)