|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface, Prologue, and I. Peculiar Ambition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Lincoln elected in the state legislature according to "I Shall Be Governed By Their Will"?
2. Who did Lincoln write "I Like the Letters Very Much" for?
(a) Mary Todd.
(b) Mary Rosenthal.
(c) Roberta Marki.
(d) Sophia Henkins.
3. Who did Lincoln express his frustration with for not voting for the Party candidate in the presidential election?
(b) Pro slavery.
(c) Know Nothing.
4. Who was "More Painful Than Pleasant" intended for?
(a) Lincoln's step-brother.
(b) Lincoln's father.
(c) Lincoln's sister.
(d) Lincoln's mother.
5. What is the topic of "More Painful Than Pleasant"?
(a) The imminent death of Lincoln's mother.
(b) The imminent death of Lincoln's father.
(c) The imminent death of Lincoln's sister.
(d) The imminent death of Lincoln's brother in law.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "I Shall Be Governed By Their Will" written?
2. At what age did Lincoln stop working on the family farm?
3. Why did Lincoln vote for Polk's military spending bills?
4. What is the topic of "Founded on Both Injustice and Bad Policy"?
5. What was Lincoln not comfortable with according to the editor?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)