|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI. Events Have Controlled Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lincoln urge Congress NOT to do in "The Tug Has to Come"?
(a) Give the south any extension of slavery.
(b) Give the south an extension on their taxes.
(c) Give the south financial support.
(d) Give the south the chance to gather forces.
2. How was Hooker's character according to "I Will Risk the Dictatorship"?
(a) Headstrong and vain.
(b) Headstrong and ambitious.
(c) Vain and ambitious.
(d) Ambitious and proud.
3. Who was "A Fair Specimen of What Has Occurred to Me Through Life" intended for?
(a) A political ally.
(b) A housewife.
(c) An actor.
(d) A soldier.
4. Who did Lincoln write "A Single Half-Defeat" for?
(a) A friend.
(b) An Illinois reporter.
(c) French author.
(d) A politician.
5. What was still an unpopular stance at the time Lincoln wrote "Where I Now Stand"?
(a) Being an abolitionist.
(b) Being pro-slavery.
(c) Being Republican.
(d) Being a Democrat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Lincoln politically adrift in "Where I Now Stand"?
2. How was the Emancipation Proclamation written?
3. How did Lincoln react to the reception of the Emancipation Proclamation according to "Breath Alone Kills No Rebels" ?
4. Why wasn't "The Administration Will Not Be Re-Elected" sent by Lincoln?
5. Who did Lincoln offend in "A House Divided" according to "Construed So Differently from Any Thing Intended by Me"?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)