|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI. Events Have Controlled Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lincoln send "Quarrel Not at All" to the brother in law of Stephen Douglas?
(a) To prevent distention in Congress.
(b) To make an example.
(c) To avoid further embarrassment to his family.
(d) To humiliate Stephen Douglas.
2. What does Lincoln want in "I Expect to Maintain this Contest"?
(a) More support from government leaders.
(b) More troops.
(c) More supplies.
(d) More money.
3. What did Lincoln say the country did not have the capacity to do in "A Full Pardon"?
(a) Treat Confederate soldiers as loyal.
(b) Treat Confederate soldiers as criminals.
(c) Treat Confederate soldiers as prisoners of war.
(d) Treat Confederate soldiers as people.
4. What was the worry according to "The Most Prompt, and Efficient Means"?
(a) That Kentucky would secede.
(b) That Maryland would secede.
(c) That Illinois would secede.
(d) That North Carolina would secede.
5. What did Lincoln tell Hooker not to do in "There is No Eligible Route for Us into Richmond"?
(a) Take Richmond.
(b) Attack Lee's army.
(c) Rest his troops.
(d) Pursue Lee's army.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "The Tug Has to Come" written?
2. Who was "Constantly Denounced and Opposed" intended for?
3. What state did Lincoln praise for abolishing slavery?
4. What did Lincoln ask Sherman to do in "Go Far Towards Losing the Whole Union Cause"?
5. What was Lincoln's number one priority in the war according to "I Would Save the Union"?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)