|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI. Events Have Controlled Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lincoln refuse to do according to "It is the End of Us"?
(a) Compromise on religious freedom.
(b) Compromise on finances.
(c) Compromise on extortion.
(d) Compromise on slavery.
2. When was Lincoln first elected to Congress?
3. Who was "The Heaviest Blow Yet Dealt to the Rebellion" intended for?
(a) An Illinois acquaintance.
(b) An Illinois soldier.
(c) An Illinois widow.
(d) His stepbrother..
4. What did the Whigs support according to "Bow to It I Never Will"?
(b) Small banks.
(c) Trade with England.
(d) A strong national bank.
5. Why did Lincoln want troops to be raised in "To Suppress Said Combinations"?
(a) To attack plantations.
(b) To show strength.
(c) To put down the Southern rebellion.
(d) To assuage fears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What charge did Lincoln answer to in "I am Not a Member of Any Church" ?
2. Who was the United States threatened by according to "Cold, Calculating, Unimpassioned Reason"?
3. When was "I am Young and Unknown" written?
4. What did Lincoln ask Sherman to do in "Go Far Towards Losing the Whole Union Cause"?
5. What skills attracted historians to Lincoln?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)