|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI. Events Have Controlled Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wasn't "The Administration Will Not Be Re-Elected" sent by Lincoln?
(a) He won the general election.
(b) It was meant as a reminder.
(c) An intern stole it.
(d) He lost it.
2. Why was Lincoln at his lowest when he wrote "The Will of God Prevails"?
(a) The Union was defeated at the Battle of Antietam.
(b) The Union was defeated at the Battle of Wilderness.
(c) The Union was defeated again at Bull Run.
(d) The Union was defeated at the Battle of Shiloh.
3. When was the Wade-Davis bill passed according to "Unprepared to Be Inflexibly Committed to Any Single Plan"?
(a) June 1864.
(b) August 1864.
(c) May 1864.
(d) July 1864.
4. How did Lincoln react to the reception of the Emancipation Proclamation according to "Breath Alone Kills No Rebels" ?
(a) Without concern.
(b) With no enthusiasm.
(c) With anger.
(d) With a lot of enthusiasm.
5. What does Lincoln not believe in according to "The Social and Political Equality of the Races"?
(b) Racial equality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Kansas and Nebraska established as?
2. What would doom African American slaves according to "Public Sentiment"?
3. What did Lincoln want African Americans to do after the war according to "The Ban is Still Upon You"?
4. Why did Lincoln thank the recipient of "Not Best to Swap Horses When Crossing Streams" for?
5. What was "A Single Half-Defeat" about?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)