|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI. Events Have Controlled Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grace Bedell suggest Lincoln should do in the letter Lincoln answer to with "A Piece of Silly Affection" ?
(a) Eat more food.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Grow a beard.
(d) Meet her mother.
2. Who was "The Last, Best Hope of Earth" intended for?
(a) A newspaper journalist.
(b) A family member.
(d) A friend.
3. When was "A Moral, a Social, and a Political Wrong" written?
4. What did Lincoln say was one of government's most important roles in "The Legitimate Object of Government"?
(a) Raise taxes.
(b) Wedge war.
(c) Address crimes and wrongdoing.
(d) Support the economy.
5. What did Lincoln point to as the reason for the war continuing in "The Curses of Heaven"?
(a) The south was giving conditions for surrender.
(b) War was good for business.
(c) Jefferson Davis' unwillingness to rejoin the Union.
(d) The war bonds kept the south well stocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lincoln think of black and white interaction according to "The Social and Political Equality of the Races"?
2. What state did Lincoln praise for abolishing slavery?
3. Why did Lincoln thank the recipient of "Not Best to Swap Horses When Crossing Streams" for?
4. What line of the Declaration did Lincoln cite in"All the Powers of Earth Seem Rapidly Combining Against Him"?
5. What did Lincoln say the country did not have the capacity to do in "A Full Pardon"?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)