|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI. Events Have Controlled Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Lincoln offend in "A House Divided" according to "Construed So Differently from Any Thing Intended by Me"?
(c) Southern States.
(d) Southern plantation owners.
2. How long did "Shall Be Thenceforth, and Forever Free" give to the Confederacy states to rejoin the Union?
(a) 80 days.
(b) 90 days.
(c) 100 days.
(d) 50 days.
3. What did Lincoln feel about the new commander of the Union Armies?
(a) He gives him the benefit of the doubt.
(b) He had complete confidence in him.
(c) He was nominated to please Congress.
(d) He could not trust his judgement.
4. What was one of Lincoln key objectives in the war according to "Making Our Advantage an Over-match for His"?
(a) South Tennessee.
(b) North Tennessee.
(c) East Tennessee.
(d) West Tennessee.
5. What did Lincoln see as advantageous when writing "I Accept the Nomination"?
(a) Being vague about policy.
(b) Being clear about his political allies.
(c) Being clear about his enemies in the south.
(d) Being specific about policy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "The Election Was a Necessity" written?
2. When was "The World Has Never Had a Good Definition of Liberty" written?
3. Who sent the letter prompting Lincoln to write "Not an Entirely Impartial Judge"?
4. What theory is Lincoln supporting in "Opens the Way for All"?
5. When was the preliminary Emancipation Proclamation issued according to "Shall Be Thenceforth, and Forever Free"?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)