|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI. Events Have Controlled Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lincoln think of black and white interaction according to "The Social and Political Equality of the Races"?
(a) Blacks should be integrated into society.
(b) Blacks should be paid for their labor.
(c) Blacks should be left alone and segregated.
(d) Blacks should be shipped back to Africa.
2. When was "The Last, Best Hope of Earth" written?
(a) November 1962.
(b) January 1963.
(c) December 1862.
(d) February 1963.
3. What does Grace Bedell suggest Lincoln should do in the letter Lincoln answer to with "A Piece of Silly Affection" ?
(a) Eat more food.
(b) Grow a beard.
(c) Meet her mother.
(d) Marry her.
4. Who sent the letter prompting Lincoln to write "Not an Entirely Impartial Judge"?
(a) Jefferson Davis.
(b) General Grant.
(c) A Confederate minister.
(d) A pro-slavery white man.
5. When was "A House Divided" written?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Dred Scott case judged by the Supreme Court according to "All the Powers of Earth Seem Rapidly Combining Against Him"?
2. What would doom African American slaves according to "Public Sentiment"?
3. What were Kansas and Nebraska established as?
4. Who does Lincoln thank in "Not Best to Swap Horses When Crossing Streams"?
5. What did Lincoln point to as the reason for the war continuing in "The Curses of Heaven"?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)