|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI. Events Have Controlled Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was "The Last, Best Hope of Earth" intended for?
(a) A newspaper journalist.
(b) A family member.
(c) A friend.
2. What did Lincoln think of black and white interaction according to "The Social and Political Equality of the Races"?
(a) Blacks should be integrated into society.
(b) Blacks should be shipped back to Africa.
(c) Blacks should be paid for their labor.
(d) Blacks should be left alone and segregated.
3. Who did Lincoln offend in "A House Divided" according to "Construed So Differently from Any Thing Intended by Me"?
(a) Southern States.
(c) Southern plantation owners.
4. What line of the Declaration did Lincoln cite in"All the Powers of Earth Seem Rapidly Combining Against Him"?
(a) A house divided.
(b) All men are created equal.
(c) Four score and seven years.
(d) This expresses my idea of democracy.
5. Who sent the letter prompting Lincoln to write "Not an Entirely Impartial Judge"?
(a) A pro-slavery white man.
(b) Jefferson Davis.
(c) A Confederate minister.
(d) General Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Kansas and Nebraska established as?
2. What did Lincoln say was one of government's most important roles in "The Legitimate Object of Government"?
3. Who does Lincoln thank in "Not Best to Swap Horses When Crossing Streams"?
4. Who was "In This Sad World of Ours" for?
5. What did Lincoln ask Sherman to do in "Go Far Towards Losing the Whole Union Cause"?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)