|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI. Events Have Controlled Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became the most contentious issue of the Reconstruction era according to "A Full Pardon"?
(a) The reparation payments.
(b) The legal status of the freed slaves.
(c) The status of women.
(d) Who would manage the money for reconstruction.
2. Who would employ the strategy Lincoln described in "Making Our Advantage an Over-match for His" in 1864?
(a) General Sherman.
(b) General McClellan.
(c) General Grant.
(d) General Hooker.
3. What did Lincoln think of black and white interaction according to "The Social and Political Equality of the Races"?
(a) Blacks should be shipped back to Africa.
(b) Blacks should be paid for their labor.
(c) Blacks should be integrated into society.
(d) Blacks should be left alone and segregated.
4. What was in the works by August of 1862 according to the editor?
(a) Lincoln's autobiography.
(b) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(c) Lincoln's change in policy.
(d) The new Declaration of Independence.
5. When was "Right Makes Might" written?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "Can We Not Come Together, for the Future" written?
2. Who did Lincoln criticize in "If We Never Try, We Shall Never Succeed"?
3. When was "The Election Was a Necessity" written?
4. Who could not become a citizen of the United States according to the Dred Scott ruling?
5. What did Lincoln say the country did not have the capacity to do in "A Full Pardon"?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)