|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VI. Events Have Controlled Me.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was "The Last, Best Hope of Earth" intended for?
(a) A newspaper journalist.
(c) A family member.
(d) A friend.
2. What was Lincoln's number one priority in the war according to "I Would Save the Union"?
(a) Saving the Union.
(b) Freeing the slaves.
(c) Humiliating Jefferson Davis.
(d) Maintaining his legacy.
3. What was one of Lincoln key objectives in the war according to "Making Our Advantage an Over-match for His"?
(a) West Tennessee.
(b) North Tennessee.
(c) East Tennessee.
(d) South Tennessee.
4. Why was Lincoln at his lowest when he wrote "The Will of God Prevails"?
(a) The Union was defeated at the Battle of Shiloh.
(b) The Union was defeated at the Battle of Antietam.
(c) The Union was defeated at the Battle of Wilderness.
(d) The Union was defeated again at Bull Run.
5. What did Lincoln belittle in "A Question of Interest"?
(a) Emancipation proposition.
(b) A political opponent.
(c) Pro-slavery positions.
(d) A Southern slave owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lincoln not believe in according to "The Social and Political Equality of the Races"?
2. What was in the works by August of 1862 according to the editor?
3. What was "A Single Half-Defeat" about?
4. How does Lincoln portray himself in "For, and Not Against the Union"?
5. Who was in command of the Union armies in April of 1864?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)