|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Speaking in Tongues: The Third World Woman Writer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cheryl Clarke identifies a lesbian as ________________.
(a) A woman who dislikes men.
(b) A woman who denies her sexuality.
(c) A woman who says she is.
(d) A woman who proves she is.
2. What word did Gloria and Merlin wish to define for themselves, based upon their choice to leave a national feminist writers movement?
3. Who wrote "La Guera"?
(a) Cherrie Moragaa.
(b) Marina Tsvetaeva.
(c) Mary Collier.
(d) Anna Maria Lenngren.
4. What does the "whirring voice" in Rosario Morales' voice inside her head tell her?
(a) "The change is comming."
(b) "You will do great things."
(c) "You don't belong."
(d) "Stop. This is not your fight alone."
5. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" see on sidewalks?
(c) Torn photos.
(d) Bits of glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the narrator in the poem "For the Color of My Mother" when she was two?
2. What does Gloria Anzaldua say women of color cannot allow?
3. What humorous answer does Barbara Smith give to the following question that her sister poses to her: "Is there any oppression that women experience that is that total, in other words literally affects their physical well-being on a day to day basis?
4. According to the introduction, for whom do Third World women put themselves on the line for?
5. What relationships are important to Gloria Anzaldua?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)