|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Speaking in Tongues: The Third World Woman Writer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What essay of Cherrie Moraga's does Naomi Littlebear refer to by referencing a six-pack of beer?
(a) "La Guera."
(b) "Heroes and Spirits."
(c) "The Hungry Woman."
(d) "The Last Generation."
2. What book did Naomi Littlebear send to Cherrie Moraga?
(a) "The Sinner Inside."
(b) "When Women Love Women."
(c) "The Mirror Never Lies."
(d) "The Dark Side of the Moon."
3. According to Audre Lorde, what must exist for liberation to exist?
(c) Sense of self.
4. According to a reference to another author in "La Guera," where must one look to find the dream?
(a) The nightmare.
(b) To the past.
(c) The ego.
(d) The inner self.
5. What book did Mary Daly send to Audre Lorde?
(a) "Beyond God the Father: Toward a Philosophy of Women's Liberation."
(b) "The Church and the Second Sex."
(d) "Quintessence... Realizing the Archaic Future: A Radical Elemental Feminist Manifesto."
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "La Guera" written?
2. According to the introduction of "And When you Leave, Take Your Pictures with You: Racism in the Women's Movement," women of color are veterans of____________.
3. According to Cherrie Moraga, what does lesbianism equal in "this country"?
4. Cheryl Clarke identifies a lesbian as ________________.
5. Mirtha Quintanales claims that there is no such thing as __________.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)