|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through And When you Leave, Take Your Pictures with You: Racism in the Women's Movement.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman," what do "we" do when we put "acts of God" on an equal playing field with man?
(a) "Shrug off personal responsibility."
(b) "Laugh in the face of humanity."
(c) "Choose to ignore honesty."
(d) "Spit on religious tradition."
2. According to Judit Moschkovich, what happens when a person denies who they are, where they come from, and how they feel?
(a) They assimilate to the societal constant.
(b) They end up hating themselves.
(c) They fail to find a place for themselves.
(d) They become hardened against others.
3. According to Doris Davenport, what is the cause of racism in white feminists?
(a) Bizarre oppression.
(b) Hatred of those not white.
4. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" wonder about the professor's wife?
(a) If she is an alcholic.
(b) If she is afraid.
(c) If she is content.
(d) If she is happy.
5. What taught Cherrie Moraga that "we are not human beings"?
(a) Her Chicana heritage.
(b) Her oppression for being female.
(c) Her lesbianism.
(d) Her failure in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cherrie Moraga, what does lesbianism equal in "this country"?
2. What did the subject in the poem, "on not bein," not ever want to be?
3. According to Doris Davenport, what is wrong with the word "racism"?
4. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with Latin culture?
5. Who wrote "It's In My Blood, My Face- My mother's Voice, The Way I Sweat"?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)