|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through And When you Leave, Take Your Pictures with You: Racism in the Women's Movement.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Audre Lorde, what must exist for liberation to exist?
(d) Sense of self.
2. What must one do to become visible, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Be honored by our culture.
(b) Trust in ourselves.
(c) Refuse to separate the actor from thier actions.
(d) Succeed in the face of society.
3. According to Rosario Morales, who is capable of being racist?
(b) Only those whom carry superiority complexes.
(c) Only whites.
(d) Only women.
4. According to the footnotes for Jo Carrillo's poem "Beyond the Cliffs of Abiquiu," to what land is the poem dedicated?
(a) All Americans.
(c) A National Sacrifice area for energy.
(d) Native Inhabitants.
5. Who wrote out the checks for the author's mother when she was at the grocery store? ("La Guera")
(a) Her son.
(b) Her husband.
(c) The cashier.
(d) The author.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Women who must sell _________________ for pennies a day" is a quote from "Wonder Woman."
2. What taught Cherrie Moraga that "we are not human beings"?
3. According the Doris Davenport, why is the feminist movement racist?
4. What author did the narrator from "I Am What I Am" read "thru three or four times"?
5. What does Gabrielle Daniels claim is the only thing for which Millicent would rise?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)