|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through And When you Leave, Take Your Pictures with You: Racism in the Women's Movement.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality does the narrator of "I Am What I Am" find funny in the way that they speak?
2. What does the narrator croon in "I Am What I Am"?
(a) Carlos Gardel tangoes.
(b) Rafael Ithier poetry.
(c) Jorge Arraiza songs.
(d) Skitzo rap.
3. What does Audre Lorde consider wasted energy, as related in"An Open Letter To Mary Daly"?
(a) Trying to be a feminist.
(b) Trying to change racism.
(c) Speaking to white women about racism.
(d) Speaking to feminists about racism.
4. Who wrote "For the Color of My Mother"?
(a) Ekaterina Sedia.
(b) Cherrie Moraga.
(c) Rita M. Gross.
(d) Erica Jong.
5. What happened to the narrator in the poem "For the Color of My Mother" when she was two?
(a) She broke her leg.
(b) She fell off of a roof.
(c) She split her lip open.
(d) She was attacked by a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Dreams of Violence"?
2. Who wrote "I Am What I Am"?
3. In what year did the mother of the author of "La Guera" marry the writer's father?
4. Where did the narrator of "I Am What I Am" get her English accent from?
5. According to Judit Moschkovich, where is a great deal of information on Latin American available?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)