|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert describes the conflict in Cuba as one between two atomic nations. What are the two atomic nations he refers to?
(a) US and USSR.
(b) US and Germany.
(c) Berlin and Cuba.
(d) US and Cuba.
2. What disturbing news increased the danger of intercepting a Russian ship?
(a) A Russian submarine approached as well.
(b) The nuclear devices being transported were unstable.
(c) The Russian refusal to stop.
(d) The air crafts following the ships.
3. While Ex Comm was making final decisions regarding their recommendations, JFK was where?
(b) New York.
(d) Washington D.C.
4. Who said that Russia only wanted to "give bread to Cuba in order to prevent hunger in that country" (34)?
5. Who unanimously pushed for immediate military action on Thursday October 18th?
(a) Ex Comm.
(b) The Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the first tanker to reach the barrier?
2. What position did Robert hold in the Kennedy administration?
3. Who presented the argument for a blockade?
4. What was the "legal foundation" (40) for the blockade?
5. Who told Ambassador Dobrynin about the President's intended speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and where did Adlai Stevenson present the photographic evidence of missiles in Cuba?
2. What was one argument against a blockade?
3. What was ironic about JFK's meeting with Soviet Foreign Minister Andrea Gromyko?
4. When was Congress told, and how did Congress react to the news of the Cuban Missile Crisis?
5. How did RFK feel about his fellow members of in Ex Comm?
6. What was one argument for a blockade?
7. Why did the Intelligence Community not believe Cuba was a threat to the United States?
8. What did Ambassador Dobrynin provide as evidence that USSR would not be a threat to the United States?
9. Why does RFK defend Adlai Stevenson's suggestion?
10. How did Ex Comm formulate their recommendations to the President?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)