|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thirteen Days, pgs. 63-88.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Robert suggest JFK do on September 4th regarding the possibility of Russia placing missiles in Cuba?
(a) Issue a statement that it would not be tolerated.
(b) Issue a statement of good will.
(c) Threaten Soviet Chairman Nikita Khrushchev.
(d) Bomb Cuba.
2. Who publicly confronted Soviet Union Ambassador V. A. Zorin?
(a) Adlai Stevenson.
(b) Ted Sorensen.
(c) David Ormsby Gore.
(d) Bertrand Russell.
3. After the announcement to the nation, how often would Ex Comm meet?
(a) Once a week.
(b) As needed.
(c) Every day at 10:00 a.m.
(d) Every four hours.
4. When the Soviet Union refused to acknowledge the blockade, how often were low level flights conducted over Cuba?
(a) Every hour.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Five times a day.
(d) Every two hours.
5. What did Robert promise to do with his daughters on October 28th?
(a) Go to a Horse Show.
(b) Buy Halloween costumes.
(c) Attend the theater.
(d) Go shopping.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose plane was shot down while flying reconnaissance over Cuba?
2. What does the change in attitude from the letter received on the 26th and the letter received on the 27th suggest?
3. Who did Robert admire and who also began attending meetings after the meeting with the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
4. What book had JFK recently read that had to do with miscalculations leading to war?
5. What did Robert sarcastically claim to be the advantage to being wrong in the case of military action?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)