|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thirteen Days, pgs. 63-88.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert claim was impossible for Ex Comm to come up with when making their recommendations to JFK?
(a) An intelligent response.
(b) A unanimous vote.
(c) A dogmatism.
(d) The right answer.
2. Who said that Russia only wanted to "give bread to Cuba in order to prevent hunger in that country" (34)?
3. On October 18th, photographs showed what disturbing new information?
(a) The Cubans were testing missiles.
(b) The missiles were complete.
(c) Atomic missiles were being directed at certain American cities.
(d) There were no missiles, it was a mistake.
4. How did the members of Ex Comm avoid arousing suspicion when visiting the White House at 9:15 at night?
(a) They took the secret entrance.
(b) Not all went to the meeting.
(c) They arrived at different times.
(d) They all rode with Robert.
5. What was one requirement of the blockade plan?
(a) A meeting with the Organization of American States.
(b) That no ships could pass the blockade.
(c) A promise to withdraw weapons from Berlin.
(d) All ship that enter the blockade be inspected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent messages praising Russia and castigating the U.S.?
2. How many passengers were on the East German Passenger ship that approached the blockade?
3. What disturbing news increased the danger of intercepting a Russian ship?
4. What does Robert believe often leads to war?
5. What did Dobrynin say the Cubans resented when Robert meets with him after the U-2 was shot down?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)