|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thirteen Days, pgs. 106-150.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Adlai Stevenson suggest that offended many members of Ex Comm?
(a) Both a blockade and an air strike.
(b) JFK should hold a summit before any action is taken.
(c) The U.S. remove weapons from other countries in exchange for Russian removal of missiles.
(d) The nuclear bombardment of Cuba.
2. What did the ex-Chancellor of Germany at the outbreak of the First World War ask his successor?
(a) "How do you change things now?"
(b) "What will you do to stop it?"
(c) "Where did we go wrong?"
(d) "How did it all happen?"
3. During the Cuban Missile Crisis, what role did Congress play?
(a) They declared war.
(b) They helped formulate ideas.
(c) They were informed.
(d) Some were members of Ex Comm.
4. According to Robert in the section, "It was now up to one single man," what did JFK stress in his speech to the nation?
(a) The U.S. was not yet in danger.
(b) The surgical air-strike was the initial step.
(c) The blockade was the initial step.
(d) The U.S. would invade Cuba.
5. How long did Congress "remain ignorant" (112) of the Soviet missiles in Cuba?
(a) The first two weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) The first week.
(d) Thirteen days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggested that the US take military action against Cuba for America's safety, not knowing about the missiles?
2. Who presented the United States case to the United Nations?
3. What was JFK's feeling after meeting with a Russian representative after learning about missiles in Cuba?
4. What did JFK read aloud at a meeting with a Russian representative?
5. How many ships either stopped or turned back before reaching the blockade?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)