|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thirteen Days, pgs. 106-150.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was U Thant?
(a) Soviet Ambassador to the United Nations.
(b) Soviet Chairman.
(c) Secretary of Defense.
(d) Acting Secretary General of the United Nations.
2. Who said, "if the Russians' response makes a military action or invasion inevitable, I want to be able to feel that we will not have to waste any days having to get ready" (47).
(a) General LeMay.
(b) General Shoup.
(c) Secretary McNamara.
3. What type of non-fiction is Thirteen Days?
4. Who does Robert speak to about the President's concern about missiles in Cuba on September 4th?
(a) The Deputy Attorney General.
(b) The President.
(c) Ambassador Dobrynin.
(d) Soviet Chairman Nikita Khrushchev.
5. What statement did the Russians make public on September 11th?
(a) They had no intention of putting missiles in Cuba.
(b) Russia made no statement.
(c) The missiles already in Cuba would remain there.
(d) They would put missiles in any country they want.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggested that the US take military action against Cuba for America's safety, not knowing about the missiles?
2. What was the "legal foundation" (40) for the blockade?
3. What did Robert promise to do with his daughters on October 28th?
4. According to Khrushchev, who are the only people who would provoke war in today's nuclear world?
5. During the Cuban Missile Crisis, what role did Congress play?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)