|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thirteen Days, pgs. 106-150.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Robert in "Some of the things we learned . . .," what must a President have access to?
(b) Nuclear weapons.
(c) People with expertise and knowledge.
2. What did Eisenhower create in order to pre-associate Congress with the Presidents decisions to move militarily?
(a) Ex Comm.
(c) Freedom of Information Act.
(d) Congressional committees.
3. In a conversation between JFK and Robert, how far did JFK say that he wanted to push the Russians?
(a) Not one inch farther than required.
(b) He did not want to push them at all.
(c) To the brink of war.
(d) To the precipice of no turning back.
4. Who said, "I almost deliberately stayed in the minority. I felt that it was very important to keep the President's choices open" (118)?
5. What was the name of the first ship boarded at the blockade?
(b) John Pierce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dobrynin say the Cubans resented when Robert meets with him after the U-2 was shot down?
2. What did Robert promise to do with his daughters on October 28th?
3. Why did the Assistant for National Security Affairs wait to inform the President about missiles in Cuba?
4. What was the "final lesson" (95) learned from the Cuban Missile Crisis?
5. When JFK says, "this is the night I should go to the theater" (84), what famous historical figure is he referencing?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)