|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thirteen Days, pgs. 63-88.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was different about the letter received on the morning of October 27th from the letter received October 26th?
(a) More formal.
(b) Less aggressive.
(c) More apologetic.
(d) More cooperative.
2. Who wrote the note saying, "I now know how Tojo felt when he was planning Pearl Harbor" (24)?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(c) Robert F. Kennedy.
(d) John McCone.
3. How did Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr. die?
(b) Contracted polio.
(c) Killed in WWII.
4. Against what strategy was the following argument used: It would be like "closing the door after the horse has left the barn" (28)?
(a) Air stike.
(d) Nuclear War.
5. What position did Robert hold in the Kennedy administration?
(a) Attorney General.
(b) Secretary of Defense.
(c) Press Secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did JFK change the line of interception for the blockade?
2. What did JFK ask in a letter to Khrushchev after ordering the blockade?
3. Who does JFK write to after the Russians agree to remove missiles from Cuba?
4. Who was the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation at the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis?
5. What did Robert promise to do with his daughters on October 28th?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)