|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blue Horse do while Sarah is in labor?
2. What happens to the book Sarah wants to buy from Jack?
3. Who begins courting Mama?
4. What does Adelita do when she gives birth?
5. What does Sarah say she spends most of her time doing after having her second daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sarah and Mason do the first night he stays in the house with her?
2. What does Sarah think about while she waits for Jack to return on her wedding night?
3. What happens when a man threatens Melissa on the road to the fort?
4. What does Sarah make to sell in town?
5. Why does Jack say he helped Sarah around her house so much just before the 4th of July?
6. What is remarkable to Sarah about her first day in the fort, and how does she feel about it?
7. What does Moses Smith try to do to Sarah, and how is he stopped?
8. What does Sarah tell Jack when he returns from the fort?
9. What helps Savannah to recover after her complicated labor?
10. What secret about himself does Jack tell Sarah on their wedding night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the ways Jack saved Sarah from dangerous situations, and how did this affect their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Death and mortality were two integral themes in Sarah's life. What are some of the key examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was Sarah's life altered because of these incidents?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)