|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack plant for Sarah?
2. Who urges Sarah to have tea with some fine ladies?
3. What does Sarah name her third child?
4. How does Toobuddy die?
5. Who tells Sarah where Jack attended college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Jack is away tracking some train robbers?
2. What helps Savannah to recover after her complicated labor?
3. What do Sarah and Mason do the first night he stays in the house with her?
4. What causes Sarah to allow Mason to live in the house with her while Jack is away?
5. What does Sarah tell Jack when he returns from the fort?
6. What sad news does Savannah hear about Ulyssa after her complicated childbirth?
7. Why do Sarah and Jack leave town when the fireworks start?
8. What does Sarah think about while she waits for Jack to return on her wedding night?
9. Why does Jack say he helped Sarah around her house so much just before the 4th of July?
10. What is remarkable to Sarah about her first day in the fort, and how does she feel about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the ways Jack and Sarah showed their love to each other, and how did these displays alter the course of their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was Sarah's life altered because of these incidents?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)