|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the men who hurt Ulyssa when she was fetching water?
2. Who goes with Mother to file the land claim?
3. Who performs the marriage ceremony for Albert and Savannah?
4. What does Sarah call the Mormon women in the wagon train?
5. What happens to Ulyssa when she is sent to fetch water?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Captain Elliot do for Sarah on Christmas Day?
2. Why do Jimmy and Sarah go to town by themselves?
3. What happens when Sarah finds a mutilated woman on the trail?
4. What has someone been doing to help ease Sarah's burdens while with the wagon train?
5. What does Sarah say Jimmy spends a lot of time doing after she has the baby?
6. What happens when the Indians raid the camp after the experience at the river?
7. How does Jimmy Reed plan to make a living in the new area?
8. Why does Jimmy Reed not join the family until later?
9. How does Jimmy die?
10. What does Sarah do when she is killing a chicken?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sarah was married twice in her life, and both husbands died while working. Please compare and contrast these two marriages, and how these two deaths affected Sarah.
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the ways Jack saved Sarah from dangerous situations, and how did this affect their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Maturity and aging were strong themes in this book. Where did these themes appear, and how significant were they to the plot?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)