|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Maldanados get sick with?
2. What happens to Sarah's train in the rain?
3. What do the people in the wagon train notice every morning?
4. What kind of people is Sarah surprised to see traveling with a wagon train after Albert's wedding?
5. Why does a doctor refuse to amputate Clover's arm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jimmy Reed plan to make a living in the new area?
2. What does Sarah say Jimmy spends a lot of time doing after she has the baby?
3. What happens when a woman has a still-born child on the wagon train, and why?
4. What has someone been doing to help ease Sarah's burdens while with the wagon train?
5. How does Jimmy die?
6. What does Captain Elliot do for Sarah on Christmas Day?
7. What causes the smoke in the wagon that scares Sarah?
8. What happens to Rose, and how does Sarah respond to this?
9. What does Mother talk to Sarah about before cutting out her new dress in the material from Tuscon?
10. What does Sarah use to write out this history?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
What was the response of Ulyssa's parents to Sarah's protection of her when she was raped, and how did this affect Sarah?
Essay Topic 3
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was Sarah's life altered because of these incidents?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)