|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads Sarah to Jack Elliot?
(a) Her dog.
(b) A wren.
(c) The vultures.
(d) A hen.
2. What does Adelita do when she gives birth?
(a) Sells the baby.
(b) Leaves her husband.
(c) Kills her baby.
(d) Kills herself.
3. What does Sarah know when Jack goes back to the fort?
(a) She wants to move.
(b) She loves Jack.
(c) She is suspicious of the ranch hand.
(d) She is pregnant.
4. What might Jack miss when he leaves on his last campaign?
(a) Savannah's marriage.
(b) April's birthday.
(c) Mama's death.
(d) The birth of his child.
5. What is Jack's father's nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. What about her second marriage does Sarah say is so fulfilling?
2. Who shows great respect to Jack while he is traveling to see his father?
3. What does Jack plant for Sarah?
4. What does Sarah use the rouge and perfume for?
5. Where does Sarah get rouge and perfume?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sarah find while preparing for her move to the fort?
2. What does Sarah hate most about her first home at the fort?
3. What happens while Jack is away tracking some train robbers?
4. What does Moses Smith try to do to Sarah, and how is he stopped?
5. What does Sarah tell Jack when he returns from the fort?
6. What helps Savannah to recover after her complicated labor?
7. What does Sarah say she sees after losing her daughter?
8. What happens when Sarah is approached by the brother of the man who threatened Melissa?
9. What causes Sarah to allow Mason to live in the house with her while Jack is away?
10. How does Jack die?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)