|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack do after saving Sarah from the Indians?
(b) Kisses Sarah.
(c) Kneels and prays.
(d) Hugs Albert.
2. Who does Jack have to capture before he can come back to Sarah, on his last campaign?
(a) Daniel Boone.
(b) Red Wing.
(c) Sitting Bull.
3. How is Jack injured on the train?
(a) All of these.
(b) He is stabbed in the arm.
(c) His leg is broken.
(d) He is shot.
4. What do Sarah and Jack have a big argument about in May?
(a) Jack's jobs.
(b) Raising children.
(d) Selling some horses.
5. Who delivers Sarah's second baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack Elliot borrow from Sarah after he heals?
2. Where does Sarah picnic with Jack Elliot?
3. Where does Sarah get some clothes for Jack Elliot?
4. What does a man bring a box of shortly after Sarah's third child is born?
5. What is wrong with Jack when he returns from his last campaign?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack die?
2. What does Sarah find while preparing for her move to the fort?
3. What happens while Jack is away tracking some train robbers?
4. What is remarkable to Sarah about her first day in the fort, and how does she feel about it?
5. What does Sarah think about while she waits for Jack to return on her wedding night?
6. What does April do when Sarah moves back to the ranch?
7. What does Moses Smith try to do to Sarah, and how is he stopped?
8. What does Sarah say she sees after losing her daughter?
9. What happens when Savannah has some complications with a labor?
10. What causes Sarah to allow Mason to live in the house with her while Jack is away?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)