|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah name her third child?
2. What does the dust on the horizon indicate?
(a) A visitor.
(b) An Indian attack.
(c) The coming cavalry.
(d) A stampede.
3. Who does Jack have to capture before he can come back to Sarah, on his last campaign?
(b) Daniel Boone.
(c) Red Wing.
(d) Sitting Bull.
4. What makes Sarah love Jack more while he is away during their engagement?
(a) His picture.
(b) His letters.
(c) The memory of Jimmy.
(d) The absence.
5. What does Sarah use the rouge and perfume for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sarah agree to move with Jack?
2. What does a man bring a box of shortly after Sarah's third child is born?
3. Where does Jack say he was when he first fell in love with Sarah?
4. How does Toobuddy die?
5. What is Jack's father's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What helps Savannah to recover after her complicated labor?
2. What does Sarah think about while she waits for Jack to return on her wedding night?
3. What happens while Jack is away tracking some train robbers?
4. What kind of gift does Jack bring for April?
5. How did Jack's mother die?
6. What does Moses Smith try to do to Sarah, and how is he stopped?
7. What does Sarah say she sees after losing her daughter?
8. What does Jack say just before he dies?
9. What does Sarah find while preparing for her move to the fort?
10. What happens when Sarah is approached by the brother of the man who threatened Melissa?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)