|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sarah agree to move with Jack?
(a) She wants to be near Jack.
(b) Chess falls very ill.
(c) April can attend school.
(d) They can sell the ranch.
2. What happens to the book Sarah wants to buy from Jack?
(a) It is lost on the trail.
(b) It is damaged in water.
(c) It is sold for food.
(d) It is destroyed in a battle.
3. Where does Sarah picnic with Jack Elliot?
(a) Castillo Walks.
(b) Carillo Gardens.
(c) Camillo Cemetery.
(d) Catillo River.
4. Who is with Sarah when she has a still-born child?
5. Who does Jack have to capture before he can come back to Sarah, on his last campaign?
(b) Sitting Bull.
(c) Red Wing.
(d) Daniel Boone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to stay with Sarah when Jack leaves on his last campaign?
2. Where is Sarah's donation to the college written about?
3. How is Jack injured on the train?
4. Where does Sarah try to sell what she makes with rouge and perfume?
5. Why does Sarah not want to leave Arizona for good?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when a man threatens Melissa on the road to the fort?
2. What secret about himself does Jack tell Sarah on their wedding night?
3. What happens when Savannah has some complications with a labor?
4. What does Sarah think about while she waits for Jack to return on her wedding night?
5. What does Sarah tell Jack when he returns from the fort?
6. What does Sarah hate most about her first home at the fort?
7. How did Jack's mother die?
8. What causes Sarah to allow Mason to live in the house with her while Jack is away?
9. Where does Harlan end up at the end of the book?
10. Why do Sarah and Jack leave town when the fireworks start?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)